Black Hawk Down-style Rangers?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Black Hawk Down-style Rangers?

Post by B17Fortress » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:58 am

Has anyone come out with figures in this style of uniform?

Closest I can find are some Power Team Elite figures, but I am hoping for figures with better details.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Black Hawk Down-style Rangers?

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:58 pm

The short answer is no. You'll have to customize it and there have been some board members that have done that.

However, without customization, there are some close options... The Unimax Bravo Team line had a Paratrooper and 3 of their Delta Force figures in the Desert Camouflage Uniform (DCU) pattern that was in use during the late 1990s and early 2000s. BBI also had a paratrooper and some special ops figures with that camo on them and it's possible to customize a more standard infantry soldier with parts from a couple figures. Neither Unimax nor BBI made figures in the six-color "Chocolate Chip" pattern that was in use during the early 1990s, including the Desert Storm and Somalia conflicts.

I've used the Unimax USMC tanker figures with their USMC desert MARPAT camouflage on my 21c Bradley in the Desert Storm livery since the pattern vaguely resembles the tan/brown/spotty look of the six-color "Chocolate Chip" pattern if you don't look too closely :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:39 pm

the bbi delta figures are ok the helmet is almost the exact same one. rangers though need to be made

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks tman and dannyc for your replies! Those bravo team Delta figures were spot on for what I was looking for, and thanks for your suggestion, tman, I found three BBI USMC figures that could provide a base for rangers. Actually finding these figures for purchase is another question.

I seem to recall someone on this board making Vietnam era harnesses including backpacks and ALICE gear. Does this sound familiar, or am I making things up? If all else fails, I'll take Marauder's Molle-infested modular vest and remove the molle 'straps'.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:34 pm

B17Fortress wrote:Thanks tman and dannyc for your replies! Those bravo team Delta figures were spot on for what I was looking for, and thanks for your suggestion, tman, I found three BBI USMC figures that could provide a base for rangers. Actually finding these figures for purchase is another question.

I seem to recall someone on this board making Vietnam era harnesses including backpacks and ALICE gear. Does this sound familiar, or am I making things up? If all else fails, I'll take Marauder's Molle-infested modular vest and remove the molle 'straps'.

You may want to check Build-a-Rama.com. They've been around since the early 2000s and I've purchased a bunch of stuff from them over the years. I believe they are still in business as their website is still up... They have a 1:18th scale "Pack Stowage" set that has the Alice-style packs:
http://www.build-a-rama.com/1_18/pack_s ... e_18.shtml
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."