A voice from the past (returing member)

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

A voice from the past (returing member)

Post by flayrah » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Hello! to anyone still on the board that has been here since the early days of 21st, XD, $29.99 1:18 aircraft at Wally World, and all the other 'old timers'. This is flayrah, I hope someone remembers me. Anyway, a couple of years ago during some some difficult times (four deaths in the family and two moves) I sold all my 1:18 as I just thought it was time to re-evaluate and step away for a time. A lot of the guys on the board bought what I had, anything left over I posted to auction.

I see now 1:18 is few and far between. I'm getting back into the hobby - not to the extent I was, but just enough for enjoyment - a couple of A/C, some figures. If anyone remembers me feel free to contact me, if not I plan to be active on the board and look forward to connecting/re-connecting with other collectors.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: A voice from the past (returing member)

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:07 pm

flayrah, good to see you! I do remember you even from the old GPXD days... Sorry to hear you had such a rough past few years... There are still a handful of old timers around. Check out the thread a little further down on the page for the roll call of the old Groundpounders. It got a lot of response. But yeah, things have drastically changed in the 1:18 militaria hobby. Gone are the days of the affordable planes and large supply... New releases are incredibly rare these days.

But glad to see another veteran forum member and hope you stick around!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:24 am

Flayrah, welcome home! There are still some of us around as well as some newer members who
are dedicated collectors. Great to hear from You.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:29 am

Welcome back
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Great to see some of the old troopers are still around! Thanks for the greetings. I was looking through what few pieces of 1:18 I kept (just a few figures), and found my custom RAF crew (made for, back in the day, when 21st announced the B-25 and it appeared they might make a Mosquito); a custom USAAF observation pilot (Piper Grasshopper, anyone?); and a few small odds and ends. The customs, particularly the RAF, were challenging to make so glad I didn't sell them.

digger

Post by digger » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:43 am

Welcome back. Let me know if there are any pieces you are looking to get your hands on as I still haven't adequately scaled back.