Issue At Fighting 1/18 Sight

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Issue At Fighting 1/18 Sight

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:05 am

For a couple of weeks now the Fighting 1/18th has been semi down.

I think that they were hit by a heavy virus and are trying to work through it .

I have been checking everyday and it is a hassle to get on and navigate .

I hope that they can work things out .

Although they are starting to sway more to the figure side of the 1/18th world , they are still collectors and have my support to get back on track.

They also have some talented custom members who's projects may go on to obscurity if the situation is not rectified.

Again I hope you guys can work things out
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

normandy

Re: Issue At Fighting 1/18 Sight

Post by normandy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:13 am

Hey Pickel, didn't they have a problem a few years ago as well?
I agree with you on the talented custom work by some of their members.....just not my kind of place.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 am

To echo Normandy's comments, I'm honestly surprised I've not joined Fighting 118th yet... When operable, their website looks great, seems pretty active, and at the forefront of things. But there are a lot of the "Joe" type collectors on there and while I collect those items myself, I somehow find the discussions and work here more mature and professional. My place is where it's always been - here on SSHQ. I've been with this site since the days of the original Groundpounder forum in 2003, like the main body of members (including a number that have been around since I started). I feel like a valued contributor and have no intention of leaving :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:03 pm

I think it was just some regularly scheduled forum maintenance, i only noticed like a day or two of down time.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:42 pm

:shock: Its "The Curse". :shock: We try not to talk about it but it tends to show up every now and then. Just the mere mention here of its presence could very well put this site in jeopardy too. So its probably best to keep it to ourselves.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:36 am

tmanthegreat wrote:To echo Normandy's comments, I'm honestly surprised I've not joined Fighting 118th yet... When operable, their website looks great, seems pretty active, and at the forefront of things. But there are a lot of the "Joe" type collectors on there and while I collect those items myself, I somehow find the discussions and work here more mature and professional. My place is where it's always been - here on SSHQ. I've been with this site since the days of the original Groundpounder forum in 2003, like the main body of members (including a number that have been around since I started). I feel like a valued contributor and have no intention of leaving :D
Same here.

I have joined other sites only to find them either boring, redundant, or confusing and difficult to navigate and not really having anything I can't get here. I usually visit a couple of times and then abandon them never to return and come home to here. :wink:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager