Ultimate Soldier M2 Bradley -- 1/6 Scale Version!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Ultimate Soldier M2 Bradley -- 1/6 Scale Version!

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Anyone remember the 1/6 scale M2 Bradley vehicle 21c made back in the day? They're not easy to find intact, but I was able to get one 100% complete and in perfect condition a couple weeks ago from one of the employees at my local hobby store. Apparently, he got the vehicle years ago from Paul Allen, the owner of 21c. Unfortunately there was no COA proving that, but oh well :lol:

Anyways, this vehicle is impressive and huge. Even though its not 1:18 scale, I wanted to share a few pictures of the vehicle in action in my back yard for those that may have never seen one in person :D

Troop Compartment Interior w/ Troops

Rear Ramp Door

Driver's Compartment

Deploying Soldiers

At nearly 3 feet, the Bradley is huge and impressive, but actually still underscale! It is not radio controlled. The vehicle is very similar to the XD 1:18 scale M2 21c made, though that is properly scaled and overall better detailed inside and out. Still, the 1/6 scale vehicle pretty awesome for what it is. Tracks roll, turret rotates and has elevating main and secondary guns. The TOW launcher properly deploys. The driver's compartment is detailed with instruments and controls. The rear compartment is a bit plain overall, but seats 4 figures and has room for stowage. The vehicle comes with 11 ammo boxes that can open and be stored on the turret and in the troop compartment. All tools and tow ropes are removable as well.

Since getting the 1/6 scale vehicle, I've spent the past few weeks tracking down various Ultimate Soldier 1/6 scale modern uniforms, equipment, and figures so I could outfit the vehicle. I wanted to use the 21c figures for continuity, though any 1/6 scale figure design will work. It's a tight squeeze getting the figures in, but if one uses the 2nd generation highly-articulated Ultimate Soldier figure body (or any highly articulated 12" figure from PTE, Dragon, etc) it's easy to get the full compliment of figures inside the vehicle.

Overall, I'm really glad to have added this to my ever growing collection of 1/6 military figures and vehicles 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Re: Ultimate Soldier M2 Bradley -- 1/6 Scale Version!

Post by YT » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 pm

So neat, thanks for sharing!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 pm

The figures really are great with the vehicle. Didn't know it was underscaled. :o It's so big! The local 1/6 scale club guys for the most part are all about the figures. The vehicles are considered set pieces or accessories to the figures. I think just the other way. To me the figures are the accessories to the vehicles.

The guys in the back look like they opened the door to something ominous. :shock:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:44 am

ahh the glory days! Running to TRU once a week to see what was new, same thing for walmart checking all the isles to look for any hidden items or misplaced 1/18 stuff. I remember seeing those big 1/6 items and I was always disappointed in the lack of detail.

Oh and I was in a 500 sq foot apartment so had no room for huge tanks.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:50 pm

I DO remember these as well being sold in Toys R Us back in what... 2002, 2003? I wanted one very badly because the Bradley was MUCH larger than the M5 Stuart... sitting side-by-side with it.

But a few years later at WalMart I bought 2 RC Stuarts and was happy of my 'leap' into 1/6 scale. LOL

BTW... very kool photos! :D

Jeff

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 am

The only one of these beasts that have seen in person was at my local TRU.
I think it may have been discounted and out of the box. I was just getting into 1/18 scale at the time and did not want to get involved in more than one scale. Plus, this thing was HUGE!!!
Yours looks really good and the figures you have work very well.
Thanks for letting us take a look at your new find!
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin