Liquidating WW2 Collection

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Liquidating WW2 Collection

Post by MUDHEN336 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello all,

I am liquidating all of my WW2 items. I want to buy a motorcycle and the wife said the collection must go. I talked her into letting me keep the modern stuff. I would like to sell it all in one lump some and it would be available for pick up only (I live just north of San Diego). I won't ship it. At last count, I have 386 figures, 17 vehicles, 34 tanks and 16 planes. Some of the more exclusive items are NIB California Cutie, NIB Spitfire NKK, NIB ME 262B, NIB Pearl Harbor zero, NIB Sakai zero, NIB Killer P51. I also have a Forces of Valor King Tiger (crate is broken and a couple of the internal tank pieces need to be glued back on). Most items were purchased new, unboxed, admired for 5 minutes and stored. If there was any interest, I would like to run some kind of auction. Is it allowed? Has that been done here before? I really don't want to mess with ebay.
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

--John Wayne

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Liquidating WW2 Collection

Post by digger » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:51 am

I don't think so but you could run a silent auction by asking people to PM you "best offers." Luckily you're in SoCal so you will have plenty of people in your vicinity who may be able to take this all off your hands. Remember too that by not using ebay you save 20% in fees but probably lose about that on the price of your sales, so it's basically a wash (though obviously a one-shot sale with no shipping saves a lot of headache too).

Considering the size of your collection you may also want to reach our to a hobby shop or collectibles store, or post it on Craigslist (or both).

Good luck!

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:16 am

That sounds like an impressive collection. I'm out, being on the east coast.
Good Luck however you sell it.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:36 am

MUDHEN336 wrote:Hello all,

I am liquidating all of my WW2 items. I want to buy a motorcycle and the wife said the collection must go. I talked her into letting me keep the modern stuff. I would like to sell it all in one lump some and it would be available for pick up only (I live just north of San Diego). I won't ship it. At last count, I have 386 figures, 17 vehicles, 34 tanks and 16 planes. Some of the more exclusive items are NIB California Cutie, NIB Spitfire NKK, NIB ME 262B, NIB Pearl Harbor zero, NIB Sakai zero, NIB Killer P51. I also have a Forces of Valor King Tiger (crate is broken and a couple of the internal tank pieces need to be glued back on). Most items were purchased new, unboxed, admired for 5 minutes and stored. If there was any interest, I would like to run some kind of auction. Is it allowed? Has that been done here before? I really don't want to mess with ebay.
Oc here
whats up doc....