BBI Elite Force Return to TRU

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

BBI Elite Force Return to TRU

Post by digger » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:31 am

New M1 Beastmaster coming to TRU. Unclear if it will be full-sized like the earlier BBI M1 but it will definitely have more detail on the cupola! Link below - you don't need FB to view!

https://www.facebook.com/bbi.EliteForce

tmanthegreat

Re: BBI Elite Force Return to TRU

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:32 am

That's neat! Definitely worth picking up if its full size, but something makes me doubt that it will be given what we've seen already. I can see it not being tiny (like that POS M113 they released) but a little on the larger side while still being underscaled (like the gunboat). The original M1 tooling excellent, so it would be sad to see them go with something smaller and less detailed for a new release.

All the Targets around me seem to have cleared out of the BBI items completely. There's no Cabelas store near me and Mejier is an east coast store.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

sdhenke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sdhenke » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Back to TRU? Great! I was just at Cabela's today. Wish I'd checked this out before.
If at first you don't succeed...GIVE UP!

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by parrish333 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:That's neat! Definitely worth picking up if its full size, but something makes me doubt that it will be given what we've seen already. I can see it not being tiny (like that POS M113 they released) but a little on the larger side while still being underscaled (like the gunboat). The original M1 tooling excellent, so it would be sad to see them go with something smaller and less detailed for a new release.

All the Targets around me seem to have cleared out of the BBI items completely. There's no Cabelas store near me and Mejier is an east coast store.

Based on the comparison of figure size to tank size, I don't think this will be too far off 1/18. Probably a update of their old M1.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:28 pm

Based on a photo comparison of the BBI M1 Abram I would have to agree.

digger

Post by digger » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:52 am

These have been spotted at west coast TRU, along with the undersized Hind.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:39 am

Someone needs to get a full picture of one. Are they the same?

Toys R Us

BBI Abrams

digger

Post by digger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:03 am

Looks like the same mold on the hull. Seems they saved $ on the paint apps to give us the new cupola (and probably keep it under $40). That's cool with me.

skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by skorzeny » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:04 am

digger wrote:Looks like the same mold on the hull. Seems they saved $ on the paint apps to give us the new cupola (and probably keep it under $40). That's cool with me.

Somebody post this pic at BBI page on Facebook

at pic you can notice a new wave of figures is about to came

YT

Post by YT » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:38 am

Saw one yesterday, the top of the turret opens up. It's a great toy but not super accurate.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:44 am

YT wrote:Saw one yesterday, the top of the turret opens up. It's a great toy but not super accurate.
what the price and would you buy it
whats up doc....

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Went by TRU today and it's fun to see BBI Elite Force 1:18 scale items back there, 12 years after their initial debut:D. Mulled over the new M1A2 for a while and decided to pass... As YT said, it's a great toy, but accuracy is limited. The turret splits open (ie two halves sliding open to either side). This displays an " interior " of sorts with a couple seats, gun breach, and various controls. This is not a proper interior like on the 21c XD Tiger I and M41 tanks, but more of a play space that is accessed when the turret halves are pulled apart. One can't have figures in the interior with the turret closed and the commander's and loader's hatches do not open into the interior. Had it been a proper interior, I'd have walked out with the tank. There are some cool features, though. The little AT rounds can be loaded in the breach and fired from the main gun (so it appears) which is a neat feature. The rounds are stored in the correct part of the tank in the magazines. It has some light and sound features that seem well integrated and the vehicle appears to be scaled correctly. Paint apps and weathering are minimal. I have three M1 Abrams tanks already (original BBI version and the two Unimax Bravo Team ones) so don't really need this toyish version.

My TRU also had the new BBI USMC Recon figure pack as well as a lot of the other vehicles that have been at Target like the A-10, Hind, Patrol Boat, midget M113, and the tiny DPV. I picked up the USMC figure set... While I have plenty of better painted Marines, these do have some great head sculpts and the sniper is cool 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

Post by digger » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:56 am

K-9 handler with ladder looks cool! Wonder what happened to Wave 2 singles - never seemed to materialize outside the vehicle pack-ins. Maybe they are still en route to Target.

skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by skorzeny » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:31 am

digger wrote:K-9 handler with ladder looks cool! Wonder what happened to Wave 2 singles - never seemed to materialize outside the vehicle pack-ins. Maybe they are still en route to Target.

New BBI Elite Force M1A2 Abrams Review VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wta5oQvr2Sw