What Happened To

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

What Happened To

Post by Studly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 am

G'day Guys . I have a couple of Questions you Buffs out there may know the answer to a couple off questions. (A) What happened to the Aircraft Molds owned by 21st Century, and is it true that the Spitfire Molds were destroyed in a fire. And secondly What ever Happened to Motorworks ?....Can Someone dispel my curiosity.? :shock:

Cheers
Studly

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: What Happened To

Post by normandy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:39 am

It's all speculation but some say at a point 21st Century owed money to the factories that produced
their models. Not receiving payment, the factories took possession of the molds and started
production on their own....remember all the JSI aircraft? Oh and the 88, Tiger and Panther?
None of it came with figures. I guess someone had those molds.

Then 21st by this time renamed All Go, asked collectors not to buy pirated copies of their products
saying the molds were stolen.

I don't know if the Spitfire mold was destroyed or not, was it taken as well?

Motorworks was the name 21st started to use when selling to walmart after Toys R Us.

It would have been nice if we could have had answers in the Direct from the Source section of the forum.... :roll:

For me one of the biggest 21st mysteries is....what happened to the 1:18 King Tiger which was about to "ship".......

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:44 am

"For me one of the biggest 21st mysteries is....what happened to the 1:18 King Tiger which was about to "ship".......

==> They might be secretly confiscated by the US government and stored in Area 51 :mrgreen:

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks for that info Normandy . Did They ever make the Molds for the B-25 ?.

Cheers
Studly

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:50 pm

No prototype was ever made of the B-25 or the Mig-21. The only prototypes I saw were a F-4 Phantom and a A-1 Skyraider by Admiral. JSI had a proto F-15 Eagle and a Su-27. Maybe we will see those in the future. Those in the know aren't saying.

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:02 pm

No Studly, I don't think it ever got past the "what about a 1:18 B-25 ?" stage.
One of the guys that might Know is tko211, Area 21 President or Roy Sutherland.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

A wound that will not heal...

Post by c44 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Right before the near simultaneous collapse of 21CT and Admiral (and the dormancy of BBI aircraft), I mentioned on this board (or the old one?) that the top 3 places on my 1/18 a/c wish list were occupied by a Phantom, a Skyraider, and a Dauntless...it was an unreal rush for me when it was announced they were all going into production...well, we obviously did get the Dauntless, but the rest of my trifecta vaporized like a cruel hoax!
Of course, I still want to believe these will mystically appear one day, after all XD stands for Extreme Denial... :)
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: A wound that will not heal...

Post by Studly » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:48 am

c44 wrote:Right before the near simultaneous collapse of 21CT and Admiral (and the dormancy of BBI aircraft), I mentioned on this board (or the old one?) that the top 3 places on my 1/18 a/c wish list were occupied by a Phantom, a Skyraider, and a Dauntless...it was an unreal rush for me when it was announced they were all going into production...well, we obviously did get the Dauntless, but the rest of my trifecta vaporized like a cruel hoax!
Of course, I still want to believe these will mystically appear one day, after all XD stands for Extreme Denial... :)
Well Mate we got one of them, but it would be Bloody Awsum to see an F4 :shock:

Cheers
Studly

ASC McLaren
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ASC McLaren » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:55 pm

rschaap wrote:No prototype was ever made of the B-25 or the Mig-21. The only prototypes I saw were a F-4 Phantom and a A-1 Skyraider by Admiral. JSI had a proto F-15 Eagle and a Su-27. Maybe we will see those in the future. Those in the know aren't saying.
Oh, I would love to see a good manufactured MiG-21 PFM! The F-4 would also make me very happy.