My Conversation with A Merit Rep Regarding 1/18th Scale

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: My Conversation with A Merit Rep Regarding 1/18th Scale

Post by A-10LOADER » Thu May 21, 2015 11:17 am

Correct you are MUDHEN336, my mistake. I meant VMA-211. That's what happens when I type faster than my brain thinks.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Mon May 25, 2015 4:00 pm

now i can do a camp bastion attack diorama with the harrier taking off or in the back ground

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Merit Forum??

Post by normandy » Sun May 31, 2015 4:35 am

Anyone know whats happened to the Merit site ( Merit International Public Modelling Forum ) ?

I went to check it today and this is what came up... Error 403: Forbidden :?

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Sun May 31, 2015 1:52 pm

I got the same thing to Normandy, i hope this is not a sign of things to come :shock:

Greg

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Sun May 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Merit's forum site is certainly down. Looks like they just closed it out. Bad Cat Toys is also offline. I guess they finally closed up shop. Its been like this for days now. Oh well....

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun May 31, 2015 4:46 pm

Beeavision wrote:Merit's forum site is certainly down. Looks like they just closed it out. Bad Cat Toys is also offline. I guess they finally closed up shop. Its been like this for days now. Oh well....
I hope the FW-190 A-F didn't close out with it. :cry: Light bulbs are brightest just before they burn out.....

Have ANY of their recently proposed new items in any form come out in production for sale? Scale model kits? Pre-built? Anyone know?

If not, what are they making money on to pay the bills? You don't make any money delaying roll-outs. In fact, your resourses are circling the drain non-stop with prolonged development. It is a one way street of funds out, nothing in.

New prescription drugs and high tech electronics are so expensive when they do come out because of all the expenses to recoup from research and development. The longer and more expensive the development, the higher the price. Doesn't bode well for retail even if these two do "get off the ground". Can't imagine how long with even good sales it would take to just break even for all the man hours and tooling costs. And you don't survive by just breaking even. Did it take this long for the Dauntless? The Carrier Hornet? Did BBI take this long with any of the big jets? Seems they came out in relatively rapid succession. Don't know but curious.

I recall a kit form of the FW-190 being advertised as "coming soon" almost 2 years ago?

Not good :(

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Sun May 31, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm sure Merit is still planing on releasing the FW-190 & AV-8B. I think they're just too busy to keep up with the forums so they probably just closed it down. They are going to send out newsletters to subscribers according to their Facebook page. That's probably what they're going to do instead. They still have their other three sites up and running though. Merit International works on a lot of different productions. Their website says it all.

http://merit-intl.com/meritnew/

https://www.facebook.com/MeritIntlLtd

https://legendshobbies.com/

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun May 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Their website indeed has a lot going on. I had no idea. Hope they are getting enough income to push the two anticipated releases over the top soon! I saw the one Soviet MiG in the recent "Historic Aviation" catalog featured as a "Special Purchase". I like both the Korean War versions but not even at that price. $119 is a "Special Purchase" price? :shock: MSRP is $149? Seriously? Anyone bought any of the MiGs?

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager