P-47 pilot accessories

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

P-47 pilot accessories

Post by nooker21 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Can anyone remember if the P-47 pilots came with all of the accessories that the carded P-38 pilot figure had? I'm talking about the parachute, oxygen mask, knife, and holster. I'm putting together all the parts to my 1/18 razorback to go on sale, and I usually have been pretty good about keeping everything but the box. However, I think I'm mixing up what came with the P-38 pilot, since he was the same mold. I seem to vaguely remember the Thunderbolt pilots being less high quality, but maybe I misplaced the parts somewhere....

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: P-47 pilot accessories

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:26 am

The 21c P-47 pilot was the same tooling as the P-38 pilot, though you are right that the figures that came with the P-47s were generally of lower quality (for some reason). I want to say the accessories that came with the pilots were the same: O2 mask, parachute, holster, and knife. However, I recall the accessories came with figures from the P-47s in the official 21c boxes and not those from the Motorworks boxes. Not sure if that was standard or not. I'd probably just put the accessories with the pilot if you have them, but if you do not, it would not be like you were leaving something out that was originally there...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: P-47 pilot accessories

Post by nooker21 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Yeah, this was a Donnie Boy razorback in an original issue 21C box, but I have only found the stand for the figure so far, and can't seem to find any other accessories, which should have been with the rest of my surviving 21C stuff. The fact that navy pilots, nor the P-40 pilot, never had parachutes leaves me with this nagging feeling that they cheaped out on the accessories as they went along, because I just don't recall having two sets of parachutes when I used to have the P-38 and P-47 planes side by side. And since I collected only one of each type, I didn't have a large amount of redundant accessories, except for those figure stands. I still seem to have a bunch of those lying around...