Build a rama Joe base control

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
guilt t
Private First Class
Private First Class

Build a rama Joe base control

Post by guilt t » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:35 pm

Desperate times desperate measures...haven't posted in forever, but looking for help. My four year old has asked that Santa bring him a Hoth rebel base. Its all he wants, but its not in stores so the elves and I are making it in my basement. Here's the question - did anyone here buy the buildarama GI Joe base control panel deal that has since been discontinued? Talked to them today and they said no longer had the mold. Sooo...if you have them you can extort me horribly on two of 'em. I know this is more appropriate for the buy/sell forum, but trying to reach the masses here...

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Build a rama Joe base control

Post by maritime96 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:15 pm

I never got those control panels but if you have no luck with them you might look on ebay for USS Flagg computer control parts that could serve the same purpose and don't forget the Star Wars Hoth Evacuation General Rieekan with Hoth Tactical Screen
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

guilt t
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by guilt t » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks for the Flagg suggestion...hadn't thought of that. I've got the Reeikan set and the Luke/Bacta Tank. Also have some control panels from the ST reboot. We'll git 'er done. Appreciate the input. Merry Christmas, and best regards.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:20 pm

No problem happy to help. Merry Christmas to you as well. Hope your echo base turns out great. :D
--Thomas Jefferson

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:59 pm

The GI Joe Headquarters and some other things may be available online as well, to incorporate and paint up. Just some thoughts. Build-A-Rama dropped off the planet. It's a shame because the concept's sound, but they didn't (wouldn't?) restock a LOT of stuff like the stretchers, the REAL sandbags (not resin ones), etc.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm

I actually placed a Build A Rama order a few months ago only to find out stuff they had listed as in stock on their website wasn't. It took a few emails back and forth to get things worked out; but from the get go they offered to refund my money. I ended up choosing to fill my order with other items they had left. I really miss their soft goods stowage. While the resin stuff still looks good it was never as versatile as the real soft material items.
--Thomas Jefferson

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 pm

Agreed... I miss all that softgoods stuff, and knowing what resins and molds cost, I can't fathom it wasn't cheaper to make.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!