1/18 Harrier?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: 1/18 Harrier?

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:41 am

the harrier is about to arrive !!!! NOT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5iizDm0AQ

1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Wish Merit has a 0-0 ejection seat...

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:30 pm

1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

rohirrimknight
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rohirrimknight » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 am

Feel boring about how Merit keep quiet about their Harrier status. When it release, my seller will communicate to me.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:02 am

Merit has been pretty quite lately except on their Facebook site. But nothing really on the topic of the Harrier AV-8B II nor the FW-190A-5. Their new forum site hasn't been updated with any new information since late October last year. And to make matters worse no sign of them attending this years New York Toy Fair which starts tomorrow. They don't even show up on the exhibitor roster for this year. I sure hope they are doing well for the sake of the hobby. We are still in the early months of 2015 so there is still plenty of time for them to release the Harrier & FW-190 as stated in their catalog. I suspect we will hear something by late summer early Fall if they plan to get these out in time before Christmas. Only time will tell I guess.

Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Seems they are going by way of smaller scale model kits as their business model. After all, there are many thousands of scale model builders. Even here locally, they put on one heck of a contest and swap meet each year. It's packed and stacked and dealers and the public are exchanging money at a furious pace all day. People come from all the surrounding states to participate. Dayton, just up the road an hour is able to put on their own great event every year that's just as popular. Face it, it's where the numbers, money and volume is. There just aren't and likely never will be enough of us to justify the investment for the minimal return.:(

The serious scale modelers scoff at our impressive looking but often very inaccurate toys. The Dauntless is probably the closest thing to a true scale model. Modelers want super-detail along with accuracy. The non scale landing gear with the toy-like features is one of the worst parts of 1/18 planes. Poor overall outlines, (109E, P-38, P-40, P-47, etc.) lack of wing dihedral, overly thick and blunt flying surfaces, horrible props and the like are unacceptible to serious scale modelers. Kit forms with these issues would not be popular with modelers. It would be nearly impossible to correct these things to the serious scale modelers' standards.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:07 am

Aiken's Airplanes has it due March 31st. Of course they also had it due in May of last year. Looks like the new Migs finally show in stock (about a month late) so maybe there is hope. Im sure these west coast port problems aren't helping either. I think Beevision is probably on the money though. If they aren't at the New York toy fair then they don't have anything to show. Maybe the end of the year if at all. Very disappointing.
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

--John Wayne

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Axis Nightmare has it pretty well right. They are going to where the $ is. It is a luxury to cater to our 1:18 hobby.
There is still a chance but they need to sell a bunch of kits first to finance the harrier.
Todd

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 am

Fear not I got some intel.

I have to go look at a job and will be back with intel from a manufacturer's point of view.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:07 pm