<Sigh> Here we go again. Another rumor of the return of 21C

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

<Sigh> Here we go again. Another rumor of the return of 21C

Post by kduck » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:14 pm

I haven't posted here in awhile since I've moved on to 1:6 scale but I still check in here on occasion because there is sometimes some crossover between 1:18 and 1:6 scale when it comes to news about military action figures. I'm well aware that almost 5 years ago that 21C was supposedly reborn as All-Go Toys and then after a couple of 1:32 aircraft repaint releases that they folded up and were gone again. I hate to feed the rumor mill but I figured that the topic of a possible return of 21C might interest you guys as well. Also the thing is that the 1:6 community misses 21C too. Probably not as much as the 1:18 community misses them (since their disappearance almost killed the 1:18 hobby) but we do miss them a great deal. Anyway there is a member (Casual Collector) over at the OSW forum that is somewhat plugged in with a few of the former people from 21C. In a recent post he reported the following:

"I got this tidbit recent inquiry to Heather Allen:

"It's funny you should ask but we do have a new product line we will be introducing soon and it would be a HUGE help if you could talk it up in the Ultimate Soldier collectors world! We will need all the help we can get with spreading the word. I will have more information soon for you once we have everything in place."

That's all I've got but... Holy... Ducking... Hits! It might be a plane line or smaller size action figures like the Gracelyn Toys, but what if it is 1:6?"

Anyway that's what I've got. I'm interested in hearing if any of you guys have heard anything similar or if there's anything you guys might have to say on the subject. I go by Scimitar over at OSW and just for the record I am highly skeptical that anything will come of this. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/s ... n-21c.html

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: <Sigh> Here we go again. Another rumor of the return of

Post by dannyc » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:05 pm

That better be true we need a 1/18 f4 phantom of every type like advertised

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 am

That would be great news if true, I still buy 1:18 when I can find it.
I wish them luck!

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Woulld be nice, but I too am skeptical. 8) Wonder how the Flight Wings and JSI/Merit repaints are actually selling. :? Those $129 price tags are the deal killer for me. :( Even when you can find them at the bargain basement price of $99. :wink:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:01 pm

I would be the first one on line to buy new 1:18 stuff form 21C if they got back in the game. Give us the King Tiger, bring out that Jagpanther. Throw some new small vehicles in there like the rumored Krupp Protze. Make new American and dare I say British troops and vehicles; and all the long rumored "if you guys knew what they had planned" figures. But honestly Ill believe it when I see it. The truth is they are going to need retailer support to pull it off, so if it is true I am sure they will be at NY Toy Fair. But I would think if they really had a line in the works they would have found a way to put something on display as SDCC
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:39 am

I wonder if TKO still keeps in contact with anyone from 21? Haven't heard from him since February.
A "new product line" sounds good.....how about a scale.
I'm with you on the 1:18 Maritime!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 am

Hate to be a downer but i'll believe that rumor when i see product available for purchase. 21C had a well documented history of testing the waters with potential new releases that never materialized. While i would be very excited to see them back in the game, even if they did jump in i doubt we would see 1:18 armor anytime soon. It would most likely be planes and/or different scales.

We really need a company to make new 1:18th vehicles that are decent. My collection is basically in hibernation.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 pm

I think the best line I read in that thread over at the 1/6 forum was:

"Enthusiasm is great, but it has to be tempered with reality....." :lol:

That was in response to another member getting a little annoyed that there were many "I will believe it when I see it guys" posting. There is a lot of excitement at the prospect of new stuff over on the other forum, but I will tell you guys I just don't know anymore. These rumors seem to keep popping up every year but have you guys ever noticed that it is always from someone, who knows somebody that heard a "person in the know" say something.
--Thomas Jefferson

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:16 pm

LOL @ ANYONE getting enthusiastic with a shred of reality to this.

If it happens, great. If not, my life isn't worse than it was before I heard this "rumor".

If you're getting your hopes up at all though, you're a glutton for punishment.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 pm

The only 1/18 king Tiger that will ever be made and the only 1/18 Jagdpanther that will be made have come and will come from the same place.. Pickelhaube :wink:

Mathew pay no mind to these rumors, start on the Jagdpanther now! 8)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:59 am

I was told a while ago from someone on the inside , that 21st Century was primarily into figures and all of the vehicles that were made , were made to enhance those figures.

Things may have changed .

There are a couple of guys here on the forum ( in the know ) but they are keeping things hush hush because what some companies say and do are two entirely different things.

And nobody like to deal with taking their foot out of their mouth.

' Aint nobody got time for that '

:D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:08 am

If 21st were to make a comeback, I would love to see them release this tank.

http://www.sshqdb.com/18/displayimage.p ... play_media

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 am

A Sheridan would be great...but I am dubious of a come back after All Go's fast demise, but if it happens I'm a buyer.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm

maritime96 wrote:I think the best line I read in that thread over at the 1/6 forum was:

"Enthusiasm is great, but it has to be tempered with reality....." :lol:

That was in response to another member getting a little annoyed that there were many "I will believe it when I see it guys" posting. There is a lot of excitement at the prospect of new stuff over on the other forum, but I will tell you guys I just don't know anymore. These rumors seem to keep popping up every year but have you guys ever noticed that it is always from someone, who knows somebody that heard a "person in the know" say something.
I absolutely get where you're coming from. As I said this is just a rumor that I've passed along. However I personally believe that the information that Casual Collector posted is truly information that he received from Heather Allen. I don't personally know Ryan (Casual Collector) but I've corresponded with him on OSW and I've talked to him a number of times on facebook and he's always been a standup guy. As for who Heather Allen is she is known to many members here as the eBay seller iluvnfl that has sold numerous 21C prototypes on eBay. From what I can gather she is also a member of the Allen family that founded 21C. My skepticism doesn't come from the source of the information. I just seriously doubt that anything will come of these plans by former 21C personnel to actually bring anything to market. Even if they do manage to produce something I suspect that this venture will eventually go the same route as All-Go Toys. Even having said that I'm still hopeful though.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: <Sigh> Here we go again. Another rumorr of the return of

Post by maritime96 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Kduck, please don't think that I was casting any doubt on you or your credibility. I am always very happy to hear any rumors; it gives us something to hope for and I thank you for sharing it. I think the doubt and negativity just comes from too many false starts and empty promises by too many companies. Just as a matter of business I have relationships with 2 different guys who make toys. (One is a small business and the other does it for the big guns) I have heard many stories of what they go through to get stuff made and the process of even deciding what to make. To quote the Blues Brothers "you have to prepare the proper exploitation for a show like that" I really hope they are in the 21st century garage plotting a reunion tour, but I just don't know. But if they are then my only advice would be that they better REALLY be ready to put something out before they tie any carrots to any sticks for the collecting community. So again please don't think I was casting any doubt on you personally. :-)
--Thomas Jefferson

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Maritime96, I honestly wasn't thinking that you were questioning my credibility. I just wanted to point out that as far as rumors are concerned that (for me anyway) this one seems fairly credible even based solely on the rather thin evidence available at the moment. That wasn't meant as a defense to something I was offended by (I wasn't offended in any way) but more as a counterpoint to the someone who knows someone who heard something nature of most previous rumors concerning the return of 21C. When All-Go toys was announced that sounded like just another hard to believe rumor also but it turned out to be true. Of course the end result was still a huge failure but the initial rumors turned out to be substantiated. I believe the information to be true (at least as far as what Ryan said he was told) but I fear that the end result won't amount to much. I truly hope I'm wrong about that. While 21C's way of conducting business was exceptionally poor they certainly can't be faulted for their innovation and vision.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Thank you for the reply kduck; I am glad we're good. I hate when things get misinterpreted on forums and I am glad this wasn't the case. I agree with you 100% about their products. What they made was like lighting in a bottle; realistic well made and historically accurate toys that we all love and no company has really done more than copy since. I hope your friend brings us more good news and remember if they need anyone for product testing PM me and I'll send you my address :lol:
--Thomas Jefferson

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 pm

According to the latest information posted in the thread at OSW whatever it is they're planning definitely isn't 1:6. I suppose that still leaves hope that they will do something 1:18 related but I still remain skeptical.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Come on 1:18 !!
--Thomas Jefferson

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:05 pm

When I see it on shelves, I'll believe it. No offense to them, but small companies have a lot of hurdles to overcome. I want more stuff, I just know better than to get excited about any of it.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!