What is in the future of our Beloved 1/8th Scale

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: What is in the future of our Beloved 1/8th Scale

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 am

Talking strictly aircraft, anything new or repaints is going to be priced near or way above $100. :( Anything old, highly desirable or sought after and out of production in near mint condition is going to be near or way above $100. :( Anything custom is likely to be way above $100. :(

That is the not so bright future of 1/18 aircraft. :|

This is why I feast on the challenge of scouring the countryside for bargains. The thrill of the hunt and the score count for something. :wink:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 pm

I've slowed down conciderably. Hate to abandon the scale, and can't find time to scratchbuild. Encouraged by the new A/C, but I prefer ground vehicles. Started back in 1/24-1/25 scale, but the pickings aren't much better.

1/35 still has a place, but kit prices are soaring. I pick up a bsrgan now and then, but wondering if it is worth it.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:13 pm

I was just reviewing all the things from the various mass producing manufactureres on the Data Base. Strangely conspicuous by their abscence are several pieces that even were made in 1/6 scale :shock: as well as 1/32 as prebuild painted pieces. They include a Schwimmwagen, Kettenkrad, and Stuart Tank. I don't recall a 1/32 White Scout Car but there sure is one in 1/6.

And those are not obscure subjects.

How cool would a Deuce and a Half with cargo and fuel versions have been? An Opel Blitz series? Dodge Ambulance?

Could really have jump started the scale again.

And then there is the King Tiger of course. But I was thinking on the common but less spectacular vehicles.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Well, the future of our beloved 1/18 scale, on an armor point of view is called Pickelhaube.
It's sad to see Merit doing great 1/35 models and not taking the opportunity of releasing them in 1/18th as a collector edition or something. Even a 1/18 kit as they do with the 88 flak would be more than appreciate.
I now have some 1/16 armor and this scale is more than growing. So much aftermarket pièces aviable to upgrade or do other version. I like to have them but I miss my 1/18 scale. No one never took the flag from the fallen 21st century to continue. Sometimes, I feel like the 21st century toys period was in another live. So if there is for the moment a future in this scale, Pickel have it between his hands. Just my two cent opinion.

snake

Post by snake » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Great to see you back, Phil. :D