WWII German Gas Mask

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

WWII German Gas Mask

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:12 pm

After looking at those Acid Rain figures I want to do some custom German figures that I can put with my Paperpanzers. I dont want to spend a bunch of money just or the gasmask though... :? Anyone know of a figure that has a WWII style Gasmask I can buy and cast? Maybe a GiJoe?

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: WWII German Gas Mask

Post by TankAce » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:18 pm

I have been looking for a gas mask for some time now. I bought a dr. who figure called the empty child with hopes to use his gas mask,but it happen to be some where 1/15 -1/16 scale.You may have to make it from scratch.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:05 pm

TankAce wrote:I have been looking for a gas mask for some time now. I bought a dr. who figure called the empty child with hopes to use his gas mask,but it happen to be some where 1/15 -1/16 scale.You may have to make it from scratch.
That one looks very good! are you sure its to big to use? Can you take a pic of it on a 1/18 figure? does it detach from the head of the child?

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:34 pm

The figure was about 4" but the head was about 1/16 The gas mask was molded.
I was trying to used the complete head and the 1/18 helmet did not fit.
I think if you trim the mask off the figures head with a helmet 1/18 you might be able to use just the front if you trim the excess on the mask edges to reduce the mask size.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Gi Jor Rip cord 3 3/4 figure came with a removable mask you might be able to change to a gas mask without to much effort and remold.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.