Question About the Merit 1:16 Scale Tanks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Question About the Merit 1:16 Scale Tanks

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I thought about putting this in the 1:16 scale thread, but it would likely get lost... Anyways, I have a question for those with the Merit 1:16 scale tanks (the T-34/85 and Tiger).

Are the hatches molded on or separate pieces that could potentially be popped off?

I want to pick up the T-34, but would like to be able to have the commander's hatch open so I could stick in a figure and make the vehicle look a little more dynamic. If its too difficult to open the hatch (i.e. its molded on) any suggestions besides the expensive kits? I heard the Merit T-34 was either based on the Trumpeter model or the WSN version...

I've got several 1:16 scale tanks now, so scale-wise I have other items I can display the T-34 with and not have it look out of place.

Thanks for any input :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Threetoughtrucks

Re: Question About the Merit 1:16 Scale Tanks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Sorry but the T-34 is one piece for the commanders and drivers hatches. You cannot pry them open.

DML Sherman in 1/6 has most of the hatches spot clued down but they can be popped up to be open. Hinges are easily made, but no such luck in Merits 1/16 T-34.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.