1/6 Hobby Master Bud Anderson figure

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

1/6 Hobby Master Bud Anderson figure

Post by dragon53 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Link: http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/1-6figureindex.html

Click on the numbers "HF0001" and "HF0002" for more photos and click on the photos for larger sizes.
Last edited by dragon53 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Re: 1/6 Hobby Master Bud Anderson figure

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:24 am

What do you guys think of this new line? I am not sure what to do or how many to order. I am not sure what the response will be since nothing like this has been done before.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Wow! For a company well-know for their diecast products to enter the already competitive 1:6 figure market is interesting. Then again, Dragon has had an excellent 1:6 figure and vehicle line right next to their diecast 1:72 offerings for over a decade, so its perhaps not so surprising.

I'd want to know how much it would cost, first. The really nice 1:6 figures can exceed $150, and to me, that was always a lot for a 12" action figure. Bud Anderson is an interesting choice as well. I'd almost be tempted to get one to make a little display with my 1:18 "Old Crow" P-51, 1:48 Hobby Master P-51 and 1:72 versions :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:53 pm

TMANTHEGREAT:

Diecastairplane.com has the Bud Anderson prices:

unsigned--$159.95
signed--$189.95.

Flying Mule has them for $1 less.
Last edited by dragon53 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:56 pm

For those who missed it, I edited my original post:

Click on the numbers "HF0001" and "HF0002" for more photos and click on the photos for larger sizes.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 pm

I will be ordering the signed one to display with my bbi old crow

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:53 am

$159.....

Jesus christ...I'm glad I'm about done collecting 1/6 figures. Was hoping to see a more reasonable price considering this figure doesn't come with a whole lot of "stuff". Hell, look at the Soldier Story Airborne Normandy figure. That dude comes with an insane amount of gear for $20 cheaper. The Henry Kano figure is $30 cheaper.

Plastic shoes???? Are you friggin' kidding me? HobbyMaster wants to join the premium price club and can't even deliver the quality. Pfffftttt....

King's Toys RAF wasn't this price. Nor was DiD's William Bowman at $89 just a couple of years ago. Really on the fence with this one as I love 1/6 pilots, but these prices are getting ridiculous.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:35 am

If anyone wants one I will be taking pre orders at a SPECIAL price for members
signed and unsigned
PM me for details
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:43 am

I'll be interested only if they fix #1 the helmet, #2 his shoes and #3 the price.

That helmet is NOWHERE close in accuracy. It's like a mish-mash of an RAF helmet and the US A-11 flight Helmet. Those earphones are completely wrong in every way, shape or form.

If you want to break into the realm of nit-picky, rivet-counter 1/6 man-doll fans, your very first 1/6 product better be of quality and a realistic price point or you're going to sink REAL FAST.

snake

Post by snake » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Interesting news, and completely unexpected.

I only have a couple of 1/6 figures { U-2 pilot, F-18 pilot }, both done by BBI. Quality is good, especially the U-2 pilot.

Think the 1/6 figure market is very competitive, and from what I can tell, the quality is usually pretty good to very good.

Bud Anderson is a good first choice for HM to do, in my opinion. A famous WWII ace, and his "Old Crow" is one of the most recognizable Mustangs. Has been done in 1/18 { 21C}, 1/32 twice, both by Corgi. One NMF and one OD. GMP 1/35, HM 1/48, and in 1/72. So Old Crow is well represented in various scales, so this figure would appeal to many collectors.

From the pictures it looks like the figure is decent, but not a home run. Not sure on the absolute accuracy, but it looks acceptable to me. Not sure what the 1/6 figure community thinks of it.

Great that you can get a signed version, but I think it is a little expensive at $160 for the standard version. But everything has taken a price increase lately.

Glad that HM has offered this, and it is tempting. I have 4 Old Crow's, and the figure would go well with any of them. Little pricey, but pretty sure this will only appreciate over time.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 am

Hobby Master has a good start but this fig has the same problem that other 1/6 manufacturers had WHEN THEY START.

Head sculpt is great but the figure is ruined completely but the uniform stitching. Way too big thread and sewing and clown looking. Completely unrealistic for any fig costing over $100.

Dragon, DID, and others cured the problem years ago and make "to scale" stitching.

It is a big difference.

I'll wait until HM fixes this problem, and they will, evidentially.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 pm

This is a bit off the subject, but...

In 1993 while attending the Clark County Aviation Heritage Airshow and working with the Tora Bomb Squad Pyro Team, I was in a small crowded men's restroom after a briefing at the FBO and while at the urinal some older gentlemen entered and were waiting their turn behind me. They were cutting up and the language was a bit coarse. As I finished and turned around, their stood Chuck Yeager :shock: waitng his turn behind me and the two other Gentlemen who were behind him I found out later were Robin Olds and Bud Anderson. :o I recall nodding in recognition of who it was and saying "It's all yours, Sir!" :oops: The 357th FG was having their reunion there and they were on hand all weekend as they were the following three years also.

Bud Anderson was comparatively quiet. Got some great video of him, Richard "Pete" Peterson, Robin Olds and General Yeager in and around the aircraft. On the day before the '94 show, Genreal Yeager was flying whatever he could including his first ever time in a corsair:!: He got a quick cockpit briefing and was off! Bud Anderson was flying the local Mustang, "Hurry Home Honey" on the day before the show a lot in '94 getting the feel of her in take offs and landings and never failed to wave or give a thumbs-up when taxiing by as I filmed. He was all smiles. A real class act.

By '95 he was flying a borrowed "Old Crow". He took off both days with the Mustangs but pulled up and landed before they started the bomb and strafing sequence. General Yeager was in the lead, tearing up the sky like it was 1944. :wink:

By '96 Bud Anderson was flying "Old Crow" in the show doing strafing runs with Gen. Yeager in Glamorous Glen.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:02 pm

I saw Chuck Yeager break the sound barrier in October 1997 while flying an F-15 at Edwards AFB to commemorate the 50th anniversary of his historic feat 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

snake

Post by snake » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 pm

While not the best setting to meet some true heroes, a very cool encounter, Axis Nightmare. 8)