New "Knock Off" Ultimate Soldier 1:18 Figures?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

New "Knock Off" Ultimate Soldier 1:18 Figures?

Post by maritime96 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Anyone know anything about these? They are called Digital Force and it looks like they are using Ultimate Soldier bodies with some new heads? Here is the link to the Ebay Auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digtal-Force-1- ... 232ed5217c

"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: New "Knock Off" Ultimate Soldier 1:18 Figures?

Post by Aracula » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 am

I have seen a bunch of knock offs coming out of China, I would say they still have the molds from 21st Century, and are still using them as they please.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Aracula, I agree with you 100% - just makes me wonder what else some of these companies have "hiding" over there just waiting to bring to a "knock off" store near you. As Amazing as Pickles King Tiger kit is, (and it is AMAZING) I still keep hoping that somehow there are molds to the 21st century version waiting over in china for some company to knock off in mass production. :lol:
--Thomas Jefferson

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:13 pm

And the best is they can't even spell digital - I mean DIGTAL and look close at the warning label apparently these figures have "Small Ports" :lol:
--Thomas Jefferson

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm

maritime96 wrote:Aracula, I agree with you 100% - just makes me wonder what else some of these companies have "hiding" over there just waiting to bring to a "knock off" store near you. As Amazing as Pickles King Tiger kit is, (and it is AMAZING) I still keep hoping that somehow there are molds to the 21st century version waiting over in china for some company to knock off in mass production. :lol:

Look what they did to the 21st Panzer IV :shock: Image

As far as the figures go, I may hit a few $ stores and see if they show up. :idea: Ya never know.......

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:39 pm

A few years ago some one on ebay was selling the German and US set mint in box.
The seller mention that it was the version of ultimate soldier.
The seller mention getting the set years ago. I bid on the auction but lost because the German set sold for about $150.00 so i lost interest in the US set.
Last year one seller from china that buy and sell close out lots was selling them loose but complete in auction on ebay and i had the chance to purchase them at a reasonable price.
The seller keep auctioning the figures for a couple of month until he run out of them.
The rare thing about this figures is that the head sculpts are different and also the helmets and hat are removable. The quality of the figure is close to 21st century but not as good.
The joints where sticky as usual but i manage to unfreeze them by submerging the figures in hot water and pulling the joints while they where hot and re-installing them when the cool down.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 pm

I threw a bid in on them, I am curious if for the new heads alone. Sure as heck not gonna pay crazy money for them though.
--Thomas Jefferson

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Maritime96, any luck on these figures?

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Normandy, I won them, was the only bidder. They are straight up knock offs of 21st century figures from the first year. Only difference is they have different heads with sculpts I have never seen on other 1:18 figures. It looks like they were going for celebrity look a likes as one of the guys does look like OJ and another looks almost like he could be Vin Diesel with hair. They are actually of good quality, with the same "sticky joint" problem the ultimate solider figures were know for. The seller says he found them at a toy show in N. California and hasn't found any more since. They definitely took some time with these because the pictures on the back of the cards match the faces of the figures. Same quality card stock, and bubbles as 21st. I have noticed that the accessories are a little less "crisp" then the originals, which leads me to believe these are copies as opposed to things that were pressed our of the original molds. I am sure the paint is just loaded with LEAD goodness :lol:
--Thomas Jefferson