merit Announcment

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

new Sabre neighbor

Post by c44 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm a little underwhelmed, but I'll be getting one. I like the Sabres I have and wouldn't mind adding another one. The intake covers are a nice touch, not getting a pilot is not so nice... :?
But yeah, the Focke Wulf is the main attraction, when do the curtains go up?
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

slogan
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: merit Announcment

Post by slogan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm

No interest in the Super Sabre. As I don't have one I'll have to pick up an ore-built Dauntless. No good at painting kits.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Not what I expected. I like the F86 and the fact they are doing Major Jabara I will probably pony up. I was really hoping to see the F-4. But beggars can't be choosers. Maybe next time.............. :|

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 pm

For me this scheme came way too late in the game to matter unfortunately. I always felt Jabara's plane should have been S2 for 21st. That or Marine's Dream. But sadly, I'm afraid that another Korean War bird saber just is not strong enough to impress these days. Not even the addition of the intake cover brings any added interest.

If indeed the landing gear are REMOVABLE as opposed to a Moving part- I am not interested at all and I will simply refuse to buy it on principal alone. Why on earth would anyone take an existing mold with operational gear and opt to make them removable?

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 am

Looking at the pictures on BadCats website it looks like the landing gear isn't fixed/removable?

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:41 am

USCGMK2 wrote:Looking at the pictures on BadCats website it looks like the landing gear isn't fixed/removable?
It says "working gear".
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 am

Wait a minute everyone, don't get disappointed just yet. This F-86 may not be the 1/18 jet Merit is going to announce......

Merit specifically said "all new tooling" regarding the two new 1/18 aircraft they are planning on releasing this year when talking about these projects on their Facebook page. We know the FW190 will be all new tooling for the model they are going to produce, so that falls in line with their comment. So unless this F-86 is from all new tooling and isn't a reproduction using existing tooling from 21st, it wouldn't fit the bill. I would think, hope, inlet covers don't justify a new tooling comment.... :shock:....of course we have all seen this from bbi with their recent Blackhawk release.

Maybe Jim from Merit can shed some light on the "all new tooling" comment and how it does or maybe doesn'r related to this F-86 release?
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:52 am

BIG disappoinment :(

They would probably be better off not releasing anything at all at this point. Do they really think they will make money on this??!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 am

Not sure what to think. On one hand, I really like it, on the other hand, I'd like to see something more original.

I can clearly tell this is an update to the 21c F-86 tooling with better paint apps and weathering. The 21c F-86 tooling was a fantastic model - one of the best 1:18 aircraft that company every produced. The landing gear look to be movable on the Merit plane, not removable, as stated in a press release for this model. No pilot is a bummer, but I do happen to have a spare 21c figure :wink: I'm sure Merit will get the markings totally correct, including the yellow ID band under the wing, which 21c left out for some reason.

But do I really need another F-86? I have 4 already, including the 21c "The Huff" and "Mitch's Squitch" as well as the S1 "Jolly Roger" and S2 "Luftwaffe" versions of the Admiral Toys model. 21c's "The Huff" is one of my favorite 1:18 aircraft in my collection which I always have out on display and for me, its been a hard one to top. Then again, I did plan on getting the "Mig Mad Mavis" scheme had 21c ever released it to retail, so that I would have had all three 21c F-86s and Mig-15s. Guess Jabara's aircraft could fill that void :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 am

just can not get behind this plane i have 2 now. f100 super would be cool an f4e would be better the 1/32 is out why not go 1/18 with it? will have to pass just like the repaint on the huey. im in with most people something new would help keep the 1/18 scale alive thats where i want to spend my money new not repaints with a few new parts. pilots wepons or accessories are what i would also buy. just a thought.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 am

Birddog wrote:Wait a minute everyone, don't get disappointed just yet. This F-86 may not be the 1/18 jet Merit is going to announce......

Merit specifically said "all new tooling" regarding the two new 1/18 aircraft they are planning on releasing this year when talking about these projects on their Facebook page. We know the FW190 will be all new tooling for the model they are going to produce, so that falls in line with their comment. So unless this F-86 is from all new tooling and isn't a reproduction using existing tooling from 21st, it wouldn't fit the bill. I would think, hope, inlet covers don't justify a new tooling comment.... :shock:....of course we have all seen this from bbi with their recent Blackhawk release.

Maybe Jim from Merit can shed some light on the "all new tooling" comment and how it does or maybe doesn'r related to this F-86 release?
The F-86 IS NOT the merit jet, this one is JSI, the merit jet is 2 engine, and will be announced no later the this Friday.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm

The_Helicopter_Pilot wrote:
Birddog wrote:Wait a minute everyone, don't get disappointed just yet. This F-86 may not be the 1/18 jet Merit is going to announce......

The F-86 IS NOT the merit jet, this one is JSI, the merit jet is 2 engine, and will be announced no later the this Friday.
Hope the source you got this from is correct. If this holds true it will be interesting to see what they have planned.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I am guessing f111
whats up doc....

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 pm

What about an F-4 Phantom. 8)

Jim@Merit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jim@Merit » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:JSI just announced that their next is the F-86 Sabre.

yawn, There's only a million of these already on the market, and removable gear?
bleh.

oh info @ batcattoys.com

was hoping for something that hasn't been done yet.

No worries, this is not the "NEW" JSI jet that we are referring to.

"NEW" = All New Tooling, never release before!!

Jim@Merit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jim@Merit » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:47 pm

The_Helicopter_Pilot wrote:

Sorry, it is not a "Merit" Jet. It is a "JSI" Jet !

YT

Post by YT » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Jim@Merit wrote:

The plot thickens!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

snake

Post by snake » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Jim.

Good news, and really have no idea what the all new tooling will be. :?:

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Would be awesome for this new tooling to be the F-15 as it is a 2 engine JSI release.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks Jim...Really looking forward to your new tooling releases!

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Wow, just when I began to lose hope. Now the wheels are turning again.......what could it be?

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by big_mike » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Just went thru the whole range of emotions reading the last 2 days worth of entries. I went from huge disappointment to frustration and back to cautious optimism.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank you for the response Jim. Can't wait to see/hear what it is.... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 am

Jim@Merit wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:JSI just announced that their next is the F-86 Sabre.

yawn, There's only a million of these already on the market, and removable gear?
bleh.

oh info @ batcattoys.com

was hoping for something that hasn't been done yet.

Jim@Merit wrote:Sorry, it is not a "Merit" Jet. It is a "JSI" Jet !
Well either way, the F-86 isn't the one everyone's been waiting on, was just making it clear to them! 8)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:41 am

Birddog wrote:Thank you for the response Jim. Can't wait to see/hear what it is.... :D

Yes indeed thank you Jim for hanging in there .

We have a history of running off company's reps and it looks like you are hanging in there.

Our love of 1/18th scale overpowers us at times especially when it comes to intell.

Kind of like an over excited puppy when offered treats may take a nip at the hand that feeds it.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller