Where's The Red Devil?!?!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Where's The Red Devil?!?!

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:39 am

:blueangel:
:blueangel: :blueangel:
:blueangel:
:blueangel: :blueangel:
Does anyone know where I can find a "Red Devils" F-18, at a decent price, a good link would be great, I can't seem to find one anywhere, I haven't even seen these posted anywhere in such a long time!
Any leads would be great!
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Where's The Red Devil?!?!

Post by granch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am

I've searched it during a very long time and gave up. There's only one, also for sale for a long time here (sorry, I'm in Switzerland, so it's ebay.ch, you should easily get the link to ebay.com), with undescent shipping costs overseas from Canada:
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/BBI-Elite-Force- ... 1c215e19d7
I finally bought the Sidewinder version like you did. Too different colours side by side with the black dragon first issue, but...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

"Red Devil" F-18s haven't been around for a few years. I think they came out in 2006 or somewhere around there. They were essentially a Badcat Toys exclusive, though I think a few slipped out to other small retailers - I saw a couple in person at my local Hobbytown USA store back in the day and should have gotten one then :wink: And what is your definition of a decent price? The "Red Devils" F-18 retailed for $90 (I think) but assuming you find one, it will cost quite a bit more than than.

Your best bet for an "affordable" BBI F-18 is to the the Sidewinders version.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

granch wrote:I've searched it during a very long time and gave up. There's only one, also for sale for a long time here (sorry, I'm in Switzerland, so it's ebay.ch, you should easily get the link to ebay.com), with undescent shipping costs overseas from Canada:
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/BBI-Elite-Force- ... 1c215e19d7
I finally bought the Sidewinder version like you did. Too different colours side by side with the black dragon first issue, but...
WOW $600 :shock:
I think I'm going to keep looking, maybe one will show up in a auction at $0.01 :lol:
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 pm

e bay is about your best bet the least i have seen one go for was $400.00 most people list them as rare and feel it should bring a high price .there is a person on ebay who keeps listing a black jolly roger hornet out of box for $700.00 i bought one m i b for $250.00 keep looking they show up from time to time. air shows are a good place to find them resonable priced some times. also have found alot of things at estate sales and garage sales.
Last edited by rudedog on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Problem for foreigners like me: we can only have access to seller who agree with shipping a F-18 overseas and all Red Devils seems to be in the USA. It needs $$$$ for gallons of kerosin to cross the Atlantic.

Berkut
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Berkut » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Well Snake received many RedDevils and JollyRogers from me some yrs ago so maybe ask him. (;

snake

Post by snake » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Berkut wrote:Well Snake received many RedDevils and JollyRogers from me some yrs ago so maybe ask him. (;

:lol:

That is actually my listing. :wink:

Have a number of Red Devils and Jolly Rogers still MIB { Thanks Berkut } and sold a JR for that price.

Only 500 done of the Blue Angels, Jolly Rogers, Red Devils, and Marauders done, so pretty rare, and these are MIB.

No rush to sell, and think the price is " fair". Others may disagree, but that is fine. Have seen them go for pretty this much in the past, and that is the price I am looking for.

As always, you might be able to get a good deal on Ebay, but only another 495 of them available. :wink:

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 am

500 is not rare harder to find yes. i own a jolly 2 blue angles and a marauder rare is a louie p-38 .you can ask any price you want. will you sell it thats to be seen. fair is what you think then thats fair to you . theres always someone willing to pay to much for something if they want it bad enough. . as for the 495 you never know bac cat may rerelease it.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Nah, don't worry bout Snake. He owns half of the Bbi F/A-18's in N. America ;)

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, Snake, interesting, but I have to sell a lot of stuff to reach the price of a Marauder or a Red Devil plus heavy costs for a C-17 transport to Europe, so if you have time and many F-18 squadrons in reserve, im less anxious.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

granch wrote:Well, Snake, interesting, but I have to sell a lot of stuff to reach the price of a Marauder or a Red Devil plus heavy costs for a C-17 transport to Europe, so if you have time and many F-18 squadrons in reserve, im less anxious.
I recall seeing some of these at some German etailers back in the day (can't recall if it was 48 special models or warbirdmodelle.de or both) for a little over a hundred euros, but being no fan of that particular paint scheme I purchased a Golden Dragons instead (which turned out to be cheaper including overseas shipping from the US).

Anyway, five hundred dollars for a Red Devils is a little over the top for me. A Blue Angels, even a Jolly Rogers, ok. But a plain-jane Red Devils? No thanks. At that price, you could easily commission someone to paint one from scratch for you at a fraction of the price. Unless you're into collecting MIB stuff for the sake of it.

Berkut
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Berkut » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Hhhmmmmm, how many RD and JR did you taken from me Snake? Lol, I forgot, it was a few yrs ago. Some models become less rare and some more rare, I guess that is just how the market goes. I am still after a Blue Angels myself. Never had it, still regret buying it back then for around 200 EUR from an American shop where you could also print your personal name decals for the plane?! O:

snake

Post by snake » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Berkut wrote:Hhhmmmmm, how many RD and JR did you taken from me Snake? Lol, I forgot, it was a few yrs ago. Some models become less rare and some more rare, I guess that is just how the market goes. I am still after a Blue Angels myself. Never had it, still regret buying it back then for around 200 EUR from an American shop where you could also print your personal name decals for the plane?! O:

Hey Berkut,

It was a few years ago now, but I think it was 3 Red Devils, and 3 Jolly Rogers.

You do seem to have a knack for getting 1/18 for pretty reasonable prices, even though you are in Europe. :wink: And still sell them for a bit of profit.

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:14 am

again theres that word rare this word is used way to much rare is 1 of 1 or less than 100 made world wide or a custom built. these were mass produced toy s. they are not even #erd or serizled .repaint and decals are way cheaper and a box is over rated. they should be displayed and showed off. all of my collections are displayed. thats just my thoughts.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:54 am

It depends on whether you envision collecting as merely an investment or purely as a hobby... Toy scalpers and all that, ya know. :wink:

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:39 pm

mine bring me pleasure and down time hope to pass my colections down to my sons. never thought of them as an investment or hobby just things i like.my 3 sons already have all of collections devided up and im still above ground.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:59 am

rudedog wrote:mine bring me pleasure and down time hope to pass my colections down to my sons. never thought of them as an investment or hobby just things i like.my 3 sons already have all of collections devided up and im still above ground.

That is funny.

My son has NO interest in my collection . :?

My wife tells me when I kick the bucket she will have a big yard sale and what does not sell she will put on the curb the next day.

:| :| :|
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 am

PH can your wife give me a pre notice of the sell L. O. L . ph want to adapt me i would have a huge interest in your collection. my wife has already told the boys they get nothing till she is ready to give my things up. lucky for me my collections span many things and all 3 kids have differant interest.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 am

rudedog wrote:PH can your wife give me a pre notice of the sell L. O. L . ph want to adapt me i would have a huge interest in your collection. my wife has already told the boys they get nothing till she is ready to give my things up. lucky for me my collections span many things and all 3 kids have differant interest.

:D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 am

Mrs. TTT went to the same school of wifeerry as Mrs. Pickel. Mine always has said that what my kids don't want, goes in a yard sale and then, they go by the curb. None of my kids have the room for my big stuff, or the desire to collect, so they will take one or two of 1/18, and sell what is MIB.

I figure I won't be in a place where I will care. :lol:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:35 pm

i plan on checking on my things from time to time and mess with with the kids from the other side. mrs ttt and mrs ph can send it all to me i will give a very good home