PTE Type 92 IFV custom

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
marshkop
Private First Class
Private First Class

PTE Type 92 IFV custom

Post by marshkop » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Been workin on this for a couple of weeks....

We all know that the PTE IFVs are not up to par so I fixed the problems...lol. I cut the front end off so my son did'nt have an issue with access, and I cut the turrent out so he could have access to the mid section, I put a powerplant in it, a proper passenger section and ALL doors open know. If you guys want build pics just say so.

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: PTE Type 92 IFV custom

Post by big_mike » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Very nice work Marsh. I picked one of these up at a flea market for $2 a couple months ago. Now I'm sorta inspired to take it apart and tweak it a bit.

marshkop
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by marshkop » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Here is a link to the build pics http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=4274 Leave a message if you like it. :D

skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by skorzeny » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Looks great buddy !!!

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Marshkop, if one time you want to sell it, contact me please:
You really did a very nice work! I'm sorry that I couldn't see your fighting118 board pictures, it's "members only" :(
I've customized my own 92's too, and would be glad to see here pics from what others did. I'm still in the idea to make for a diorama a white UN IFV, like Foxhole did.
Have a look here, note that the second in the background really floats. I used concrete in the base (1st attempts wihout this ballast: it rolled upside down, drowning my figures). Have other pics of this "middle east" if you're interested.

marshkop
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by marshkop » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Marshkop, if one time you want to sell it, contact me please:
You really did a very nice work! I'm sorry that I couldn't see your fighting118 board pictures, it's "members only"
I've customized my own 92's too, and would be glad to see here pics from what others did. I'm still in the idea to make for a diorama a white UN IFV, like Foxhole did.
Have a look here, note that the second in the background really floats. I used concrete in the base (1st attempts wihout this ballast: it rolled upside down, drowning my figures). Have other pics of this "middle east" if you're interested.
Hey granch, I will think about selling it. I'd like to see more of yours tho. Here are some build pics....

Well those are the build pics, here's one more with a humvee...

Thanks for lookin guys. Here in Vancouver BC, there is a forest called the GREAT MOSS RAIN FOREST and my son and I will be filming a stopmotion film there with the customs.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Marshkop,
I've opened a new topic, because my own creation is more a diorama than a real, deep custom work. For my own purpose, I've partly sawed the drivers places to make possible the figures to seat and to be seen through the front windows. Beside the balast in the basement, the last work I did was covering the engine ventilation opening with window moskito net as a wire mesh. Here is the link:
http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =1&t=29468
And an other dio with the same APC: