Think we'll see BBi put out this F-16?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Think we'll see BBi put out this F-16?

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:53 pm

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/ ... F-16I.html

I haven't check how different the Sufa is from the UAE Desert Falcons, but I know the USAF is also looking at buying some of these after testing them out a D-M here. So, there's three paint variants already, including some pretty cool desert camo schemes. Maybe BBi can make a few quick changes to the existing F16 molds.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:05 pm

Now that would be cool.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

two seater

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:18 pm

:?: i always wonder how much it will cost bbi to transform the f 16 and f 18 in two seaters that could be done easily :?:

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:20 am

I would love to see bbi produce an F-16I variant..... but I'm not going to hold my breath. With so many major external modifications on the I model, it would probably be easier to start from scratch. I really doubt we will see that happen :( . That is however one wild looking Viper! It really looks almost like some sort of spacecraft, almost. Those external wing root tanks really change the overall appearance of the airframe.

-Rob

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:16 am

There are a couple of aftermarket companies that make resin upgrade kits (spine and eft's) in 32nd and 48th (possibly 72nd) for the plastic model community, anyone with a bit of spare time can upscale them and make some masters, and offer upgrade kits for the 1/18 collectors? surely theres someone in our midst capable of such a task? lol

Knight26
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knight26 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:28 am

I like two seaters, and the fat back F-16, but I hate the CFTs I don't know how they can get away with them aerodynamially.
Resident Aerospace Engineer, Rolling Airframe Missile Guided Missile Launcher In Service Engineering Branch, Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme Division .

Or the RAE-RAM-GMLS-ISEA-NSWC-PHD

How's that for a job title?

digger

IDF

Post by digger » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:04 am

You will never see an IDF anything imo. Ever.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:47 am

Curious... :?

Has any toy company ever made Israeli Defense Force figures or amour or planes?
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:16 am

not a toy company. Model makers, diecast makers like Armour etc have. But IDF subjects may be viewed as a bit sensitive due to the political situation currently.

Too bad because 1/18 Merkavas and IDF aircraft would be awesome..

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 am

Hasbro did a 1/6 IDF GI-Joe figure a few years ago (IDF Weapons Instructor, IIRC). Unfortunately, they hadn't started improving the detail of their figures yet, and 21C/Dragon/BBI were kicking their tails, so the figure didn't sell well, but IMHO, that had nothing to do with the subject matter, and everything to do with detail, or lack thereof...)

A couple other 1/6 companies have done IDF figures as well (Armory did one, but they also put out a Russian RPG-armed figure at about the same time, and I couldn't afford both).

However, I agree that IDF items are unlikely, as much as I would like to see them...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:58 pm

Its too bad, considering the toy companies' love of repaints, we could have an IDF halftrack and Sherman.