1:18 Scale technical

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

1:18 Scale technical

Post by digger » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

I know people have been looking for an affordable option here as I was for a while too.

Anyway, while not quite the ideal build (Toyota quad would be my preference), there is now an inexpensive Ford Pick up available in various colors. It is very bare bones - it doesn't look to have working anything but wheels.

It is available in NYC for $9.99 at Duane Reade which is owned by Walgreen's, so I would look there outside NYC. I have seen it in White, Red and Black, and each include a trailer, with either a small boat, small helicopter or an ATV. It is looks very shiny and new and nothing like a combat vehicle but is a very cheap base to work with.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: 1:18 Scale technical

Post by granch » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Looking years long for a white pick-up as can be seen anywhere in north africa & middle east, used by all kind of revolutionary groups with mounted MG... Coud'nt find any. Can you show us pictures? Do you have the brand or anything that could help to get some?

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 am

Yes, any more information would be greatly appreciated.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by big_mike » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 am

I happened to see these the other day. The toy line is called Weekend Adventurer, I'm not sure of the company. I don't see a use for it myself but for those interested it appears to be a current gen F-150. They also have a H2 Humvee available. I've also saw one at Big Lots the other day with a Cadillac Escalade. If you're interested and have Walgreens in your area, there is currently a $4 off toy coupon in the ad good thru the 8th. Hope this helps.

digger

Post by digger » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:43 am

Yes, sorry. Here is one for sale on Amazon. Scary this person is asking $150 for what is less that $10 in the drug store.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047AC6MY/ref ... B0047AC6MY

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Repaint in white, add some dinged fenders and a Dshk on a tripod and that would be a great "technical".
Any of our U.S. members generous enough to pick me up one for $10 and ship to Australia ?.
I'll cover purchase and shipping price with a Paypal payment.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.