New "Mystery" announced at AREA-21

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

New "Mystery" announced at AREA-21

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:50 pm

Area-21 has posted that....well you have to read it for yourself to understand but I think and judging from the really wierd pictures I think they are about to announce something. My bet is that they are anouncing the pending release of the Flight 19 Avenger. Take a look for yourself and see.

http://www.21stcenturytoys.com./area21/ ... newsID=117
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:05 pm

I'm thinking this is the new ROSWELL line we've heard so much about..OOp's sorry that was an internal memo...never mind and we never had this conversation

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:05 pm

i suspect you're right.... :)

luftpanzer
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by luftpanzer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:31 pm

Im hoping for somthing good. And not a Holloween prank :twisted:
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:36 pm

I think with the delays that 21st has experienced releasing the Avenger NO ONE would find that remotely funny. Personally I'd rather see the Atlantic Scheme or Pacific one released first. Especially the Pacific Version. I'm not going to buy multiples of an Avenger as its going to be too big. I'm holding out so I can buy 3 A-10's when the are finally made and display them.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:13 pm

If this is the Avenger I dont find it funny at all.Too many delays etc.If it is the avenger just tell us already not like we havent been waiting or anything to hear about when it will arrive :(

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:28 pm

It is about the Avenger - Roy had visions of what will transpire should the plane be delayed another year :P

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:35 pm

strange :?

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:53 pm

Ok, I got board and decided to see if I could find anything in the images. Probably nothing there but maybe someone can see something I can’t. Like I said, I got board. The first image does have some kind of an image in it. Not sure if we are supposed to be able to see something in the picks or if it’s just a trick or treat thing.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:31 pm

maybe they're just pictures that Roy took of himself in the mirror....they said he'd been working alot of late nights. Stress and models will do that to ya.. :P

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:05 pm

yea, thats prolly it!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:32 pm

...like something out of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"...

Sgt. Fury
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sgt. Fury » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:32 pm

The 18th of November...They're here...

"Over and over again Roy barely spoke the following words.... "saw them,... 18th,.... here."
His hands clenched, protecting something?

In the second photo, the object being held (clenched) is purposely corrupted beyond the original pictue distortion. Does that look like the front end of an Avenger with the wing being unfolded?
Happy Halloween...

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:08 pm

The Avenger schedule is still the same. Everyone has seen the status of the Avenger as shown at iHobby Expo. And 21st has not told AREA-21 anything new in regards to delivery yet. (we ask about this project A LOT) We were supplied these images and the text early this morning. Could be a fun "Happy Halloween" message that is fitting for AREA-21.... or could be something else. There was something about the "tone" in which we were instructed about this... I think something is afoot. Just don't know for sure what it is. But that's part of the fun I guess. I am pretty sure Roy is OK though! :lol:

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:14 pm

Sgt. Fury wrote:The 18th of November...They're here...

"Over and over again Roy barely spoke the following words.... "saw them,... 18th,.... here."
His hands clenched, protecting something?

In the second photo, the object being held (clenched) is purposely corrupted beyond the original pictue distortion. Does that look like the front end of an Avenger with the wing being unfolded?
Happy Halloween...
It kind of looks like an Avenger to me if your drunk and squint alot, but the more intriguing question is, Is that Alien wearing a housecoat or a smoking jacket???

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:44 pm

I gotta be honest,I can't tell what it really is but gentlemen I think what we have here is a teaser for upcoming project. Notice it is a bunch of thin opacity images LAYERED on top of each other to disguise the surprise.

The jacket of the bottom alien looks like fueselage markings and perhaps even letters, who knows? All I know is that the overlapping is deliberate and I assume its supposed to show us something as a surprise teaser.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:14 pm

18th could refer to the scale not the date but i must admit from the evidence it does seem like a Flight 19 Avenger arriving on the 18th....however it's rare to be able to predict the exact day items arrive for sale, so it could be when the finished production sample will arrive in 21c's offices...and it certainly must have been a long and stressful project, hence the description of Roy. But then it says Roy is cluthing something, implying that thing is already here. So in that case, 18th would refer to scale not date.

....maybe the Mustang? What do the aliens have to do with it though?

dunno.

1.18th Macchi?? :D Nothing to do with any of the evidence...i just wish it..

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:17 pm

I think its the Flight 19 Avenger out of all the ones on Display at the Fair it was the only one that had Most of its decals on.

Remember folks...no wagering.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:49 am

Anyone a CSI?

They could figure it out. :lol:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:24 am

if you go to Area 21 and blow up the pictures big as you can it looks to me that the 'alien' is holding a window box. The box is more square than the standard WM shaped box we all know so well. I think the squiggly stuff is just light reflection that has been enhanced to confuse the image.

Last we heard the Avenger would not fit into the standard box so a new one would have to be used....and it makes sense that it would be more square, as that is an efficient shape.

In the head shot of the alien it looks like a bunch of boxes are stacked behind him.

So.......alien+new box shape+photo of new box= Flight 19 Avengers are here.

We don't need no stinkin' CSI's... ;)

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:32 am

Naaaaa, it's a B-17!

digger

Bermuda Triangle

Post by digger » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 am

Those who have followed Flight 19’s ever expanding mythos have heard of the “15th man,” the crewman who should have gone on Gerber’s plane but failed to show up, and was thereby spared tragedy and mystery. Who was he? Whoever the 15th man was, at least 15 men claim to be him!
But have you heard of the 16th man? How about the 17th? No? How about the 18th? Yes, there is a man who claims there was supposed to be a 6th plane in Flight 19 and he was the pilot!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:23 am

I guess my mind is in the gutter, but to me, the second pic looks like an alien watching two people having sex.. :wink: :oops: :? :shock:
Last edited by hworth18 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:44 am

:shock:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:56 am

If I were a betting man, and I am not. I would say we are going to see a brand new line being developed by a child company of 21st Century named: 18th Century. Hence, the 18th...
So, instead of an Avenger prop driven aircraft. We are going to see an Avenger Sail driven wooden ship!!

I have a reliable source for the incredible rumor...
"The alien in the smoking jacket told me."
Thats all I can say for now.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin