PTE Hummer and Little Bird any good?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
caribmar
Corporal
Corporal

PTE Hummer and Little Bird any good?

Post by caribmar » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 am

Spotted these items last week and was wondering how they fair next to bbi and TUS offerings. You can't beat the price, that's certain but how is accuracy? Just as good as the rest?

Thanks

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: PTE Hummer and Little Bird any good?

Post by B17Fortress » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 am

They're toys, and it shows. I have both; each works as the vehicle it represents, but I wouldn't compare it favourably to offerings by BBI or 21st.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 pm

B17Fortress nailed it.

The PTE Hummers are a little more realistic than the Littlebird, but are much more basic toolings than the 21st and BBI offerings. The Littlebird is pretty much a toy compared to the BBI versions. Still, it would work very well with GI Joe items.

I have found that some of the newer PTE offierings such as the Chinese FAV, Type 98 tank, and APC are much more on par with the 21st and BBI items and display well with them.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Agree with the toy quality, but 21st and BBI never made the Humvee truck with canvas hood and the version for personal transportation. I've got the one with canvas: very easy to dismantle (and tweek), just some screws fix the all thing. Of course, the hollow wheels would have to be replaced, windshield wippers and some antennas added, an "engine" cover to hide this empty place and a full partition between cabin and the cargo floor, but nothing too difficult... The BBI models are much more difficult to disassemble, some parts are embed.
If caribmar want to put some lamps or an electro engine in both the jeep and the helicopter, he should buys PTE. I've finally sold my more realistic 21st Humvees, because both BBI and PTE Humvees have the same high cabin, not good proportions from a front view but if it's the same, they match better together.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm

I think with work, PTE's stuff can be made a good deal more comparable to 21st's or BBI's... Not to mention the latter two aren't available readily so probably cost more. PTE's price, you just can't beat it, and usually you can find them readily.

BBI was the only one to make the Spec Forces Humvee though, and it's rad looking.

I think you're further ahead going with PTE at this point just based on availability, and put a little work into it to make it less toy like. It's not bad from the get-go really, just needs a little TLC to make it a good deal better.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!