modern chinese armor: PLZ 05 155mm howitzer

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

modern chinese armor: PLZ 05 155mm howitzer

Post by aferguson » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chinese-Army-Me ... 27caebd1d7

i bought one of these recently. I was lusting after some of the nice 1/24 scale chinese armor diecasts on Ebay, when i noticed the dimensions of this particular model seemed too big for 1/24.

I verified the dimensions with some other sellers listings and did some calculations and concluded this model is actually 1/20 scale not 1/24. So i bought it (as it's close enough to 1/18 for me).

It came today and can confirm it's actually 1/20 scale, same as the PTE Chinese tank. It's a beautiful model. Really heavy, several opening doors and hatches. The digital camo is just great and makes for a nice unusual looking model....and yes chinese vehicles really carry this type of camo. It's just under 22 inches long and just under 7 inches wide.

http://img11.nnm.ru/b/e/b/2/d/12d64457e ... 630311.jpg

So, for anyone who doesn't mind the scale of the PTE tank and is interested, here is something unique to add to your tank collection. The price went up $5 since i bought it, mine totalled $168 including shipping from China which took about 2 weeks. This is by far the best deal you'll find on this piece. Most cost 50% more or even double.

Oh yeah, and you can just barely squeeze Power Team figures in the commanders and loaders hatches. Has a bit of a detailed interior, in that it's white and you can see the breach of the gun through the side doors, which you actually turn the handles on to unlock and open....pretty nifty.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: modern chinese armor: PLZ 05 155mm howitzer

Post by big_mike » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm

That thing is awesome! If it weren't for the fact that I'm currently saving for a Dauntless and eventually the 1/32 Phantom this would be right up my alley. Very cool find.