I can confirm that the Ghost Recon figures are cancelled.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

I can confirm that the Ghost Recon figures are cancelled.

Post by coreystinson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

It appears that the whole GameStars line is done, unfortunately. It's too bad that Unimax didn't start out with some of the bigger names. I think they stumbled early on with the Crysis 2 and Red Faction stuff, which was pretty obscure in my opinion, and sealed the doom for their line going forward.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: I can confirm that the Ghost Recon figures are cancelled

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 pm

coreystinson wrote:It appears that the whole GameStars line is done, unfortunately. It's too bad that Unimax didn't start out with some of the bigger names. I think they stumbled early on with the Crysis 2 and Red Faction stuff, which was pretty obscure in my opinion, and sealed the doom for their line going forward.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dam
whats up doc....

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 am

What Black Dragon said x2

One leap forward, 2 steps back... The story of 1/18

Hopefully the licence will be up for grabs in future and another company (but not Mcfarlane!) take a chance on making these Ghost Recon figures
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by parrish333 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:59 am

coreystinson wrote:It appears that the whole GameStars line is done, unfortunately. It's too bad that Unimax didn't start out with some of the bigger names. I think they stumbled early on with the Crysis 2 and Red Faction stuff, which was pretty obscure in my opinion, and sealed the doom for their line going forward.
Yes, I echo the "NOOOOOO....!!!!" sentiment! And I agree that Crysis and Red Faction weren't the way to go. Assassin's Creed is a solid title that I imagine sold better for GameStars, and I think the Ghost Recon figs would have done well since it is an established franchise. They really needed to get some Call of Duty or Halo type titles to carry the line and not rely on lesser known titles.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:22 am

Maybe now Unimax will release that third wave of the Bravo Team Danger & Duty series, with the Delta Force guys and all...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 pm

they're a curious company.....they stop making wwii figures but planned on doing these obscure video game lines?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

margerisons
Corporal
Corporal

Post by margerisons » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 am

Yes, I echo the "NOOOOOO....!!!!" sentiment! And I agree that Crysis and Red Faction weren't the way to go. Assassin's Creed is a solid title that I imagine sold better for GameStars, and I think the Ghost Recon figs would have done well since it is an established franchise. They really needed to get some Call of Duty or Halo type titles to carry the line and not rely on lesser known titles.
Funny I thought the Crysis 2 figures sold real well while the Assassin's Creed ones didn't. AC was a good game name to rally behind but I don't think renaissance era figures went down too well with collectors or game kids.However I do have to agree with the Red Faction one, alien figures did look real cool but the rest were very boring.

But it's a matter of opinion, nothing to sweat over.

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I didn't think the line looked all that great, personally. I picked up one of the Crysis figures, and was disappointed. The AC figures looks pretty rough in the package. I'm not all that surprised to hear this, really. It's still lame, though. Any loss to the scale is bad.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler