1:18 Sahara items up for sale......

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

1:18 Sahara items up for sale......

Post by normandy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:03 am

Tinman

Re: 1:18 Sahara items up for sale......

Post by Tinman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:23 am

I'd like to have the tank - but not for $400+!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:13 am

So, is this auction for ALL the Sahara items pictured? :lol:

Somehow, with this guy I think not.....

That is not to say, I would not be interested in the 1/6 t38 SP gun with a slightly lowered price. :roll:

AND, I still want to see some more of the never released 1/12 prototypes, made for a "special" Wallyworld line?

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 am

This guy is kind of frustrating when he doesn't have pics of all the items in these auctions or no pic at all. The auction states:
SAHARA

1:18 SCALE UH1-C HUEY WITH DIRK PITT AND ALBERT GIORDANO ACTION FIGURES.

1:18 SCALE M48A3 PATTON TANK WITH TWO ACTION FIGURES.

1:18 SCALE MB "JEEP" WITH TWO ACTION FIGURES.

Okay- where is the jeep pic at? I assume it's the Vietnam jeep w/ M60. I sold many years on Ebay and ALWAYS had a picture when I placed an auciton. If you can't see it, how you gonna sell it?

I agree w/ TTT - 400.00 is too much for repainted items that already exist.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm

All this auction might be interesting for somebody looking for a base to make some Israel military

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 am

I always thought the Sahara line was one of the more laughable decisions 21c ever made. It was an obscure movie that never achieved blockbuster status nor a cult following. I know at mass retail we got the two 1:18 figures and I seem to recall there was a 1:6 scale jeep (I only ever saw it once...). I have carded examples of the two 1:18 figures, which I'm keeping more for posterity's sake. I mean, there's so many other great movie toy subjects that have never been made and yet there are actually "Sahara" action figures :P

SkyCaptain was sort of the same deal, though it made a little more sense given 21c had the P-40 tooling and all. They just never timed it well with the film. SkyCaptain had already come, gone, and pretty much flopped before 21c ever released their planes. I should have picked up either one of the 1:18 or 1:32 P-40s when they were available for cheap, but never could bring myself to do it.

In my opinion, the only movie line that 21c did which really made sense was Platoon. They had existing Vietnam figures and just needed the headsculps of the movie characters. The film is also much more recognizable and has had far more of a cultural/social impact than either Sahara or SkyCaptain. They are practical figures as well. Besides, its awesome having a Charlie Sheen action figure :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Besides, its awesome having a Charlie Sheen action figure :lol:
Tman, I would keep a close eye on that Charlie Sheen action figure. You may come home and find a floor full of naked, drunk Barbie dolls with your Charlie Sheen action figure sitting on top smoking a fake cigarette!

21stC or BBI missed the boat - they could have make Maverick and Goose action figures from Top Gun. We would have had decent Jet pilots for the new planes coming out...

Razor out.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin