WW2TOYS.NET GOOD PRICES on some 1/18 items

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

WW2TOYS.NET GOOD PRICES on some 1/18 items

Post by USCGMK2 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Just passing along their website. Some things that caught my eye.

MIG-15-$40

Half-track with quad 50's-$25

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: WW2TOYS.NET GOOD PRICES on some 1/18 items

Post by normandy » Sat May 19, 2012 3:40 am

Thanks for the intel and welcome to the site!
http://ww2toys.net/118_c4.htm

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Sat May 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes, I found them a while ago. I should have mentioned them sooner. Their prices are great, but I believe their shipping can be a little high.
it be like dat

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Cool site and thanks for sharing! Not a bad selection of the 1:18 figures with many that have run out at other retailers. Prices seem to vary from low to moderate, but really are about the going rate for many items.

I ordered a few XD German figures as my supply is starting to run low and every now-and-then, I come up with a need for such items. Yes, $10 for a Bruno Bauer figure is a bit high, but all things considered isn't as bad as it could be. I can't expect $1 price I was paying for them back in the day :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes, the figures were high minus the Japanese Marines which I now have a small army, that's the cheapest I've seen them and the MIG also. They have free shipping for orders over $50 or $100.

ww2toys.net
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ww2toys.net » Sun May 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

The postage was indeed crazy - drove us nuts trying to set up the site. Our tech guy was enthralled with the automatic postage calculator that came with the website software, and assured us that it would be very accurate. I assured him that it would be a goat rope. Unfortunately, as it turned out I was correct. It was fine for one item, but once you started making a larger order, it made it's calculations.. and there is no telling how much business we lost when people got to that point in the checkout process. When the thing says "$180 shipping" on an order of 3 halftracks and a figure, you know something is really messed up.

We made experimental adjustments and eventually it was clear that the calculator was never going to be quite right.. so we just set it to make shipping free for UPS shipping on orders over $50. Easy for us, and it seems to make the customers really happy.

We need to set it to make UPS the default rather than USPS, and to advertise the free shipping on the home page. Those are just two more things on an already long to-do list, though, so it might be a while before we get that sorted. If you read the "about" page, you know that military toys are not our primary business.

SO, since you guys know this stuff better than we do, if you have any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know!

Jeff

ww2toys.net
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ww2toys.net » Sun May 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello 1stlieutenant:

I am new here - I see your private message, but do not see where I can respond. Perhaps newbies are required a certain number of posts or time beyond registration before communication features are enabled. You can contact me directly at: agm6 (at) advanceguardmilitaria.com

We are located at 270 State Hwy HH, Burfordville, MO 63739
checks, money orders, PayPal, credit cards, dollars, euros, gold, silver, poultry, and certain brands / calibers of ammunition are all welcome.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sun May 20, 2012 4:31 pm

checks, money orders, PayPal, credit cards, dollars, euros, gold, silver, poultry, and certain brands / calibers of ammunition are all welcome.
Excellent. I like you guys already---seem like my kind of lunatics. :D

Jeffrey (no, the other one)
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun May 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome aboard ww2.
Quick question, do you guys ship to overseas customers?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

ww2toys.net
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ww2toys.net » Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Jay wrote:Welcome aboard ww2.
Quick question, do you guys ship to overseas customers?
Sure! Overseas customers account for more than 60% of our regular business at advanceguardmilitaria.com. If not for our overseas friends, we would be sitting in the rain at highway exits with tin cans and cardboard signs.

Given the utter worthlessness of the automatic shipping calculator on the ww2toys.net site, we never dared to hook it up for overseas shipping. SO, the best way to proceed is to pick out what you want, email us the list, and we will figure postage for you. Can't ship overseas for free, but we will figure the best possible rate.

Past experience shows that overseas postage is generally not worth it for the buyer on small orders, but if you are wanting a quantity of stuff, the economy of scale principle starts to kick in and it gets to be a better deal.

When an overseas customer wants smaller items such as figures, etc., we can sometimes help them out quite a bit on postage if they are not interested in the item packaging. If we take figures and accessories out of the packaging and bag them up, several can travel in one of the international priority flat rate boxes.

International postage is USPS priority exact price, at a bit of an added discount to make up for the fact that our US customers get orders over $50 shipped for free.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon May 21, 2012 5:47 am

Advanced Guard Militaria !!

How are you guys doing ?

I have been dealing with you guys for about 20 years !!

I traded my set of German trench armor for a pickelhaube years ago. I wished I had kept the set but wifey was giving me grief about the " that thing " set up in " her " living room.

So I traded it for the pickelhaube. It was the one with about 80% paint with the bread bag straps. You sold it for a GREAT profit !! :D

I am STILL saddened about getting rid of it.

It has been a while since I have gotten anything from you all. I think a reserve badge for a WW1 German shako was the last thing I got from you.

I still enjoy getting your catalogue in the mail and on line . But the prices now a days are starting to get out of my reach. :?

Welcome aboard !!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 am

Advance Guard Militaria is an awesome website. Their catalogs offer some of the best museum quality military items I have ever seen. Their pricing is great and their shipping is stellar. I have bought from them for years and can’t say enough.

The toys have only been on their site for a year or so now. You really can’t go wrong buying from them. I know this site is new but AGM has been around for quite some time.

Welcome to the board Jeff!

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:48 am

Anyone have any recent dealings with WW2Toys.net? I sent in an order a couple of weeks ago by mail and haven't so much as gotten an acknowledgement of receiving the order. Two e-mails have been sent with no reply. :x Heard nothing but good things up this point. :?: :?: :?:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

ww2toys.net
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ww2toys.net » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 am

Axis Nightmare wrote:Anyone have any recent dealings with WW2Toys.net? I sent in an order a couple of weeks ago by mail and haven't so much as gotten an acknowledgement of receiving the order. Two e-mails have been sent with no reply. :x Heard nothing but good things up this point. :?: :?: :?:
We're having a bit of trouble with the ww2toys.net email account, but should have that sorted out soon. Hopefully any stray messages will still be in there when I regain access. All orders have shipped, though - including one (if memory serves correctly) that came via regular mail. Quickest email for contact for the moment is:
[email protected]

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:28 am

Axis Nightmare wrote:Anyone have any recent dealings with WW2Toys.net? I sent in an order a couple of weeks ago by mail and haven't so much as gotten an acknowledgement of receiving the order. Two e-mails have been sent with no reply. :x Heard nothing but good things up this point. :?: :?: :?:

Call them .

http://www.advanceguardmilitaria.com/pa ... x?PageID=3
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:44 am

Well, that was like magic. :o The package just showed up at my door. :shock: Still wonder why there was no reply to my e-mails :?: Thanks Guys :D Disregard the post :oops:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

TheBorrowers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheBorrowers » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:14 am

Hi, WW2toys.net do incredible deals on 1/32. I travelled to the US in Nov.2013, and arranged a delivery of merchandise to my hotel room in advance. The items were in the hotel Business Centre when I got there, all factory fresh 21st Century - super service, free shipping over $50 and a real pleasure to do business with. I thoroughly recommend them.