Flying into the 21st Century! 21st Century Toys

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Flying into the 21st Century! 21st Century Toys

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 21, 2012 1:40 pm

USCGMK2 wrote:But anyways I went around Honolulu to see if I could find some and every hobby shop, toy collector, and comic book store i thought would have them, gave me a 30 min lecture about the company and how everything and everyone got screwed, then one guy went off on Wal-Mart and how he's going to heaven since he's never stepped foot into one. It sounds like a Wal-Mart/21st Century/government conspiracy the way these people sounded.
It was really more bad corporate management combined with poor sales. 21c obviously thought the world of their products (and so did we) but its quite obvious that most average consumers did not. Basically, 21c over-estimated their appeal. They likely would have survived had they tried to cater more to the collecting base (us) that was their real support and not Wal Mart. Wal Mart caused them to over-produced items, which encountered greater quality control issues, which then never sold, and were discounted at a loss to both companies (particularly 21c). There were lots of 21c items that were available only at Wal Mart that never went to the small retailers where they would have found an audience. These items generally sold in small retailers and hobby shops as the type of people most interested in them would be at those locations. Shame, really.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Re: Flying into the 21st Century! 21st Century Toys

Post by normandy » Thu May 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Here's a few pic from comic con '04........ 8)
http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/Galleries/cc04-21stct/