JSI F14 Jolly Rogers Special Edition

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
volleyballjoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

JSI F14 Jolly Rogers Special Edition

Post by volleyballjoe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 am

Ok, so I tried using the search feature and couldn't find anything about the power supply to the special edition. Is there a battery or if it doesnt work am I just SOL. I bought it NIB, and it appeared to be as the seller described. Just trying to see if I'm doing something wrong. The instructions are no help.

Thanks,
Joe

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: JSI F14 Jolly Rogers Special Edition

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 am

it is in the nose of the f14... look at the instruction of the bk .. before you connect the nose to the main body you open the bottom of the f14 nose section from the upper part .. i think it is either aa or the 3a BATTERY
whats up doc....

volleyballjoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by volleyballjoe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 am

Ok, is it in the little black box? The instructions don't have anything about the batteries. I hooked up the wire harness, but it didn't even show that in the instructions.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:11 am

I've got the original "Special Edition" F14 (now in "Grim Reapers" scheme)...I am pretty sure it takes 2 or 3 AA batteries...I would take mine apart to check, but it takes a little effort and everything is so fragile...
On mine, you sometimes have to "jiggle" the switch a bit to get the lights on, but once on they stay on...I have always thought this was a way cool feature, especially in low, or no, light!
I say it every chance I get, but with all of it's flaws, the JSI F14 is the pinnacle of 1/18 aircraft...Nothing comes close for size & detail.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:53 pm

456THBG wrote:I say it every chance I get, but with all of it's flaws, the JSI F14 is the pinnacle of 1/18 aircraft...Nothing comes close for size & detail.
That is certainly the truth - detailed right down to the insulation padding in the cockpit :D

But there's several members here that may lynch you and me for saying the JSI F-14 is the greatest :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 am

I understand, and I have similar feelings on a few models I've had in the past...
But back to size & detail...And did I mention value? (Disclaimer - The following is IMO only) Look at the upcoming BBI F18...Listed at Bad Cat for $189.99...I think I paid $199.00 for my F14, and $299.00 for the lighted version...Spots and weak gear were undeniable, but correctable (at additional cost), which sucks, but those are my two favorites in my 1/18 collection.

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by big_mike » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:00 pm

And here I thought I was the only person with such a love for the poor ole spotcat. It was my first "expensive" piece and remains my favorite. BTW if someone comes along and is looking for information on the battery issue again there are some helpful videos on youtube. I can't think of them right off the bat but a cursory search of jsi tomcat should get something useful.