going off scale a bit on duplicates to save space

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

going off scale a bit on duplicates to save space

Post by aferguson » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

i was recently mulling over purchasing the true heroes longbow apache. While about 1/22 scale and thus much smaller than my bbi, i would like an example of a longbow in my collection. By going the pte route i save the expense and hassle of making a 1/18 one and most of all save SPACE. I chose not to get it at the time but the idea is at the back of my mind still.

Tinman's Coast Gaurd true heroes blackhawk thread, got me thinking about it again.

Since i have 1/18 examples of both the apache and blackhawk, getting somewhat underscale follow up models of different variants kind of appeals to me, as i know how big they should be, from the 1/18 models, and i can save money and precious space with these slightly smaller models.

Not sure i could do this type of deal with airplanes, which are so near and dear to my heart, but i think i could do it with helicopters.

I have a strong hunch that power team is going to eventually come out with a Kamov attack helicopter which will natrually be underscale...but irresistable, so i figure that's another good reason to adopt this idea and get used to the idea of having ~1/22 helicopters in my collection.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: going off scale a bit on duplicates to save space

Post by Panther F » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I bet that was a tough decision to make, at least for you.

Remember ... don't put them next to each other. As a matter of fact, don't even put them on the same shelf! :mrgreen:

~ Jeff

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:21 pm

i'll just up my medication to control the chaos. :)

and i haven't done it yet...just thinking about it. I'm very tired today, so after a good night's sleep i may come to my senses. :lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:54 pm

The space issue is a factor for me, too. I like to display one aircraft at a time on my dresser, on an Eagle I-Stand. Most 1/18 aircraft overwhelm that space, but an underscale helicopter like the True Heroes Black Hawk rescue version might fit there nicely.