action force

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

action force

Post by scorpion » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:37 pm

just curious if anyone here has any action force figures / vechilles in their collections.[when i say action force i mean those from the palitoy brand from the early to mid 80s and not the later hasbro action force which was basically gi joe rebranded for the uk and european markets] :D

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: action force

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:42 pm

scorpion wrote:just curious if anyone here has any action force figures / vechilles in their collections.[when i say action force i mean those from the palitoy brand from the early to mid 80s and not the later hasbro action force which was basically gi joe rebranded for the uk and european markets] :D

Not me I have never heard of them.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorpion » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 pm

back in the day hasbro and palitoy had an agreement where hasbro would sell gi joe in north america and palitoy would sell action force in europe even though some gi joe vechilles and figures were licenced out to palitoy and sold as action force items.the very first year [1982] they were just 3 3/4 inch version of action man [uk version of the 12 inch gi joe].in 1983 it became 4 sub teams [sas force,z force,q force and space force] fighting against baron ironblood and his army of red shadows....check out bloodforthebaron.com for a full lowdown on action force

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm

No figures, but I have a large collection of the UK comics from the 1980's.
Battle Action Force.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.

scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorpion » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Aslav wrote:No figures, but I have a large collection of the UK comics from the 1980's.
Battle Action Force.
hi there.that is EXACTLY the range im talking about.hold on to those battle action force comics.very hard to come by these days.you have a little gold mine there :D :wink:

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

I had a German, Desert Rat and some red beret figures but I traded them recently, they can still be found fairly cheap on ebay uk. I still have the Action force version of the MOBAT tank.
Nev

scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorpion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:43 pm

nice 1 that you still have the z force mobat tank.do the electronics still work? :D

Razormurphy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Razormurphy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:31 am

My first Action Force vehicle was the SAS Hawk with Blades, Christmas of '84! Only years later did I realise what GI Joe was, and I had a repaint of the F.A.N.G. and Tripwire. Was always a curiosity to me and my brother how "GI Joe" was often found on toy parts, like the wheels of the Skystriker etc. Still have all the figures and vehicles stored in an attic at home, we had quite a collection. It was a pure annoyance that we had cool jointed figures like Blades and Stalker (Snake Eyes repaint) and all the rest had Star Wars style articulation!

scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorpion » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:12 am

you are dead right about that 1.i recently picked up the gi joe wolverine.repainted the green parts black and got a set of repro sas force wolverine stickers from cobra stickers.com and as a result it has been now restored as the action force wolverine...and its nice to here from a fellow irish collector :D :)

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Just curious, but are AF figures easy to find in Europe?

I was thinking how I'd like a few of them, incomplete, but wasn't sure how easy to come by they are over there.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorpion » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:21 pm

hi,do you mean the original palitoy action force brand or the hasbro action force [which was just gi joe rebranded for european markets].yes they are still easy enough to find but the palitoy stuff still boxed / packaged is kind of difficult but not impossable to find.i have a figure from 1982 still carded [sas frogman] and 2 items from 1983 still boxed [z force whirlwind and sas force silent attack with its figure,code named beaver] as well as some loose items :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:45 pm

There's a few figures I'd like loose, even incomplete, but finding them in the US isn't easy, obviously.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

scorpion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorpion » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:58 pm

i dont know if it matters but gi joe and hasbro action force are EXACTLY the same so loose you cant tell if its gi joe or action force.you could try to google it,SOMEONE in the usa MUST have the early palitoy stuff for sale,either loose or in package [also remember as most of the vechilles and weapon systems from sas force and z force are gi joe items the drivers are also gi joe,for example the sas "panther and stalker driver" is simply a repaint of the "vamp mk 1" and "snake eyes",the sas "wolverine" and "hunter" driver are repaints of the gi joe "wolverine" and cobra "night attack stinger jeep driver"....log on to blood for the baron.com for more info and possable contacts . :D