Important question, Our lawyer friend is at it again...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Important question, Our lawyer friend is at it again...

Post by cjg476 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 am

As you know we have a lawyer/navy seal claimer who is always selling expensive 1/18 planes on ebay. Well I recently put my bunnie on there and he created a new account and bought it, and paid for it.

If any of you know he kept sending me emails and threating to sue me for slander and all that. Should I refund his money or go ahead and sell it to him.

Im afraid he will try to scam me and say its not what he bought and return me an empty box and all that.

I could use some advice.
Last edited by cjg476 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Important question...Need your guys advice.

Post by Panther F » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 am

If you did do that, when will it ever end? He'll keep doing as you stated in creating new accounts, then when you least expect it.

I would just send him an empty box and get it over with. :mrgreen: Seeing you guys have a history, you'll never sell something on eBay again.

JMHO

~ Jeff

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:38 am

Well I refunded his money and blocked him and sent him an email saying you have been blocked from bidding from me. I couldnt believe he even attempted to buy from me since he has threatened legal action against me a number of times.

**Update**

Contacted ebay, apperently he is already under investigation for fraud, They said that they will contact me about what happens to him next but most likely he will be suspended from selling on ebay. They said he had multiple id's he is buying and selling from.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 am

You did the right thing.

~ Jeff

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Important question, Our lawyer friend is at it again...

Post by Dauntless » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Aye, like Panther F said you did the right thing. This guy is not worth the trouble. Your "Bunny" wiil sell itself nicely without this guy throwing a wrench in your spokes.

I sell a lot on ebay and have a hair trigger for people like him.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

snake

Post by snake » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm

You did the right thing, cjg476.

If you have any doubts what so ever about a buyer, I would refuse to deal with them.

Good to hear he is under investigation, but sounds like he is a slippery dick. And could easily find his way back into the system.

Would loved to have seen his face when you refunded his money, and then blocked him. :lol:

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 pm

He sent me five messages to my personal email begging me to sell it to him, but I ignored them. I honestly just wish he would go away and leave our hobby alone. :roll:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:46 am

This guy sounds like he could be related to Jack...... :roll:

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:49 am

I had a buyer ruin it for me on eBay and I haven't sold anything since then. He said his "son" bid on an item ($30 for some 1/18 figures) and did so without permission. He was new on eBay so I extended the time needed to pay because my argument was if the kid knew the password and could bid without him knowing, the Dad was responsible. I mean, it was his account. He didn't seem to care all the time, effort and money I put into the auction so I left him a negative.

He blew up, but I didn't care. :mrgreen: But your guy ... he sounds like a stalker. :shock:

~ Jeff

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 am

When he had the account "curtisbe happy" about a month before he was advertizing a king tiger and a skyworks plane,he bought from me a 1/18 ardeness German soldier mint in the pack.He contact me about 10 days later after it was send telling me that the figure had a warp helmet visor(as most of this figures have) so i look on my personal soldier figures for a helmet that was possible more straight and send it.After that there was no problem.
So in my experience he is very picky.Most of this 21st century toys have small imperfection on paint,sometimes how that parts are glue(not very straight) or the figure joints are too tight and break when trying to pose the figure.If you would have send him the airplane you would have not feel comfortable doing it.So you did the right call.
I had a buyer from Argentina begging me to send him the General Patton figure by first class with no tracking,because the only way to get tracking on a small figure was express mail and i took the chance just to help him out,and later he open a case claiming the the figure did not arrive.So i learn that a person very interested on a item doesn't necessary mean he is honest.We see some one begging and we think because he is humiliating him self he wont be one of those persons with a big ego but that is not always the case.Just like that kind of guy on our job that will make friends with us and is capable of back stabbing,lying,cheating and even begging just to get a promotion.

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Did you guys see the Austrailian p 51 he had listed for 10,000.00 ? He had a few others listed as well. Funny how the listings end and theres no way to track any feedback.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:16 pm

CJG476

Shame about the Bunnie. I've been looking for one and I would have boughtit, paid for it and you would have had no issues. Wish you would have put it on here as I'm sure people would have been interested.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Hey Corey,
I would have put it on here but I havent been a member for six months yet. I relisted it on ebay. It has a buy it now and make an offer. So its still available. I also have a bf 109 seeman on there. Everything else I have sold.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 pm

This Bloke is a Complete Toss Pot the sooner everyone relises it the Better :evil:

:p51:

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:39 am

A member here has contacted me that his guy has done the same thing to him. Just a warning to you guys you may want to block him from buying if you list on ebay. He buys then claims he will pay on payday but doesnt. Be careful out there.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:22 pm

He just slammed Ebay with about 20 or more listings. UNSVBBS This account has 30 feedbacks . None as a seller, all as a buyer, in Ohio. Please feel free to follow all these listings on Ebay. I can almost guarantee you will never be able to see any buyers feedback when the transactions are over.
Last edited by Barbarian333 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Really? $1000 for the RAAF birds?

What did they go for last time?

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm

You will never know what they went for last time because all feedback is hidden. I bet there was never an actual transaction the 1st time around.

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Last time he was asking 10,000.00 for the austrailian p 51's

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

This A-hole slammed me with 2 negative feedbacks. :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:14 pm

pickelhaube wrote:This A-hole slammed me with 2 negative feedbacks. :?
With ebay policies totally slanted towards the buyer these days, 2 negatives is a pretty big blow. :shock: :shock: Even a neutral is like a negative now. I feel ya man.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:00 am

Heer wrote:
pickelhaube wrote:This A-hole slammed me with 2 negative feedbacks. :?
With ebay policies totally slanted towards the buyer these days, 2 negatives is a pretty big blow. :shock: :shock: Even a neutral is like a negative now. I feel ya man.

I wish I would have remembered this post. He gave me some song and dance about his wife dying and he was buying stuff that he could not pay for. Also if I wished to cancel the transaction he would understand because if he could pay for it , it would be a few weeks.

I asked when can he pay. No response.

So I offered my Bunnie P-51 to the runner up bidder as a "second chance ". The second chance guy jumped on it almost instantly . AS I WAS SENDING HIM A CANCELATION OF AUCTION.

He declined my cancellation and paid for the Bunnie and a Cat mouth Hellcat I had up for bid. He won that one to.

So I called e-bay asking what to do. THEY TOLD ME TO SELL IT TO THE SECOND CHANCE GUY AND TO RETURN THE MONEY TO JERK FACE.

Then he gave me negative feed back. So I called up e-bay and THEY REMOVED THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !!!

I guess he contacted e-bay then they REINSTATED THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK .

Then I called and asked what gives. Apparently I did not give him enough time for the cancellation request and should have not offered the second chance so quick. WTF !!!!

But the thing is I asked e-bay " what to do" because I did not want to get a negative from this jerk.

Because it was not to late. I could have given the second chance back his money.

So I fallowed ebays recommend advice and STILL GOT A NEGITIVE FEED BACK FROM THIS JERK.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:10 am

......... most unfortunate Matt . Sorry to learn this. Oh well , chalk it up to your BLOCKED BIDDER LIST ! ! ! * :roll:

- MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 am

IM sorry too Matt. Same thing happened to me. I just cant believe ebay is still letting him do it. Makes me furious :evil:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:50 am

in future, Ph, wait 8 days after opening a cancel transaction case. If the buyer doesn't agree to it, you can then close it, get your fees back and if they leave negative, it will be removed. If the buyer declines the cancel transaction, then he has to pay or you open an unpaid item dispute and can close that in 4 days.

You can always relist your items. They are hot sellers so a couple weeks delay is no big deal...no rush to do a second chance offer which is always a lower price anyway.

If you have emails from the buyer, stating he could not pay for the items submit those to ebay customer service as proof of why you made the second chance offers to the other buyer. You may well be able to get your negs removed again.

I would advise that both you and cjg476 (and anyone else who has been effected by this buyer) contact ebay again, making them aware of what is going on...ask to speak to a supervisor. If they won't let you, keep calling until you can. Tell the sup. what has happened and mention everyone who has been effected.

Explain things calmly and slowly and repeatedly, so the sup. gets an accurate picture of what has happened.

These negs can be removed. If the buyer is trying to extort money/goods from you or has some other similar purpose, he is foolish for leaving negative feedback because most sellers are savvy enough to check 'feedback left for others' in a buyer's feedback section. If they see a pattern of negatives left, they will block, alert ebay customer service etc. It also alerts ebay customer service to a potential scam artist (which they do take very seriously....i know it doesn't seem like it but they do, believe me...i just read a case where a scammer go 10 months in jail for extorting/attempting to extort goods from sellers using multiple ID's, threats of negative feedback and low DSR's etc).

Even if the buyer has multiple id's, ebay will be able to see them all linked together by, IP's, addresses, credit card info, email addresses, paypal email addresses, banking info etc. When they block someone from selling on ebay, they have no problem finding all of that persons other id's, so they are pretty good at it.

Unless people make an effort to stop this guy, ebay won't.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...