Motorworks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Motorworks

Post by norwaystar06 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 pm

I am on the market for a New P-47, Actually im always on the market, that being besides the point :P i have another question about Motorworks. I have never heard of them nor have i ever heard about their QC. I look on eBay and see a 21st Century P-47 and a Motorworks marked down 20 dollars less... ( I've also see they have Spitfires available as well) Anyway can someone with experience with this company tell me what they are like or who they are so i can perhaps be a little less hesitant Thank You :D
Dang, That Rank should read "Seaman Apprentice" with 2 diagonal slashes :D US Navy!

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Motorworks

Post by gliderdwm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Motorworks products in 1/18 scale are 21st century toys/Ultimate soldier. They are one in the same and product is identical. Boxes are different as Walmart distributed Motorworks.

norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Post by norwaystar06 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm

@_@ The confusion i dont know why 21st makes or has all these little subsidiaries that make people like me confused and cautious... anyway thanks for clearing that up Glider :) when you say the same you mean like it all came from the same exact mold but just switched the boxes?
Dang, That Rank should read "Seaman Apprentice" with 2 diagonal slashes :D US Navy!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Sometimes major retail chain will request their own "branded" item to differentiate the product from another retailers. Wal-mart had product marked as both "Motorworks" and "New Millenium Toys". I don't know whether Wal-mart requested the private labeling, or if 21st Century did it, but it seems rather pointless in retrospect when you consider that Wal-mart also had plenty of 21st Century-branded items.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:55 pm

The only difference I know of between 21st and Motorworks releases were in some of their tanks. The 21st were all plastic and the Motorworks Sherman, Tiger I and IIRC the Bradley had a metal upper hull with the rest made of plastic.

norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Post by norwaystar06 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Ahhh that's cool, i don't like collecting Armour that much as i'm heavily aviation based, but that is interesting, I thought the only models that are made of metal are of those in Diecast Cars (Which i have Several of), also quite annoyed that the pilot figures wont fit in my 1:18 64 mustang. (Tried to make a diorama and it failed :P)

norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Post by norwaystar06 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Well that Motorworks P-47 Got away on Ebay but i didn't really matter cause it took me less than a second to go after the 21st Century Version... Cant wait to get it, will post pics of my new P-47 soon :)

norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Post by norwaystar06 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Well i just got my P-47 Today... stunning and even though the ebay said 21st Century it turned out to be a Motorworks... which is fine. The only issue i have with this aircraft is the Main wheel is far to wobbly, it feels like its gonna fall off... the back wheel felt the same but had a philips head screw holding so a little tightening and that problem was solved relativity quickly, can someone tell me how to tighten these wheels if there is a way? and ill put pics up as soon as possible

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 am

coreystinson wrote:Sometimes major retail chain will request their own "branded" item to differentiate the product from another retailers. Wal-mart had product marked as both "Motorworks" and "New Millenium Toys". I don't know whether Wal-mart requested the private labeling, or if 21st Century did it, but it seems rather pointless in retrospect when you consider that Wal-mart also had plenty of 21st Century-branded items.
Didn't WalMart have non-21c Motorworks models as well? I thought that it was WM that may have made the suggestion.

Not that it matters so long as we know it is the same stuff. :)