21st Merrill's Marauders set

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

21st Merrill's Marauders set

Post by tko211 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:03 pm

Breaking news is now coming in for the new 1:18 scale Merrill's Marauders set. Check out the news coverage on AREA-21.
Last edited by tko211 on Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:36 pm

roger, that,
will be standing by for new troops!
take care...
this seems like a really nice set.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:02 pm

Can't wait till these fellas arrive. :D

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:39 pm

I wonder what the additional exciting news will be??
Maybe a new armour item, that's my bet!!

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

To maraud thru Burma you must sit on your ass...

Post by c44 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:39 am

Well, ain't that peculiar: the M's M battle pack is an exclusive to TRU, yeah, I had to read twice to believe, TRU...hope that signifies a trend, I would like to see FOV & 21CT competing on the same store shelf...and the set sounds promising, but what, no mules...? :)
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:40 am

nice to hear that the figures are all new...i thought they'd be retread marines.

I wonder how much this puppy is going to cost. I'm guessing $99.99.

Merrils Marauders are a group i know virtually nothing about. From the description they sound like the US's Pacific equivelant to the SAS in North Africa. Interesting stuff.

digger

WOW

Post by digger » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:09 am

:o The day has come - 21st is back at TRU :D
Hey, I said it months ago....bbi better get some VEHICLES on those TRU shelves or they would be sharing the space. :wink:

First let me say this has been the best year for figures EVER in the short history of our hobby. I defy anyone to say otherwise. From 21st: 2 sets of USMC, at least one set of Japanese maybe 2, a new set of Rangers, repainted BoB & German tankers, re-release of BoB, Pilots and a few paras. From bbi: Amazing WWII figures in the form of Infantry, Rangers & Paras. Us figure fiends really have nothing to complain about these days....but we like to anyway :wink: 8)

As for the PP, there is NO WAY IT IS $100. I promise. TRU is not that stupid that they would allow WM to beat them that bad on price. I'm betting HALF that - yea, you heard me, around $50. :D

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:18 am

Well Merrils are along the same lines as our Chindits we had over in the pacific.

Tasked to operate behind enemy lines & hit the Japanese were it hurts the most.

As a Brit I`d love to see 21st also do a Chindit set too (could have Aussie,Zelanders,Brits,Kurkhas in the set).

Still Great to see a well deserved,famous & very over used force get credit & tribute at this scale instead of just the ETO US figures.

As many forget the Pacific conflicts wasn`t just fought by the USMC against the Japanese.

Though then again I don`t know about you guys in the UK the younger generation Know Very little really of WWII & even earlier/later conflicts too :(

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:02 am

Really cool, and a welcome addition. Hopefull, this will pave the way for more sets of this nature. Though, as far as all new goes, I distinctly see and Esquivel head on one of the guys.
Aaron

digger

MM figs

Post by digger » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:53 am

I see all para/FJ heads on all of them.....that's alright though...at least they gave us Jennings' head so he could shoot from the prone position. :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:37 am

i was thinking in Canadian dollars when i guessed at the price. My new guess is $79.99US....maybe with a stretch it will be $65.99. $50 would be amazing but i would be very surprised: two vehicles which average about $30 each, five figures at $5 each, plus a big box which is heavy and expensive to ship. TRU are not known for pricing exclusives cheaply either. If it was at WM it would be less but not at TRU.

We'll know soon i guess. This will be a good set for me to get as i have neither the truck nor the command car....so everything will be brand new for me. :)

The idea of this box set is cool too, i wonder if we'll see more of it in future; especially with the Platoon and Bridge Too Far lines that are planned.

digger

Well..

Post by digger » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:23 pm

:oops: Maybe I got a little ambitious.... :? but I would pay $60 with pleasure :)

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:32 pm

Hi Guys

Looks great! But its something I wont be able or very hard for me to pick up, its not that I don't want them its living in Quebec :cry: , 21st doesn't have their boxes in french so if its not in french sh#@ out of luck for me. I don't like it when things are exclusive to TRU :evil: that means that I have to drive 2hrs to Vermont pay $50.00+ for the set and then drive back to Montreal. I wish the fan club would have a shop for situations like this exclusive to TRU and 21st Fan Club. Would be nice! :idea:

SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:17 pm

What fun! Something to compete with the BBI intruders in 21c's old layer! I just wish it wasn't the WC-56 and WC-63. There's been enough of those at Wal Mart and the small retailers already! Hopefully this will signal the start of a new relation between 21c and TRU...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:42 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:What fun! Something to compete with the BBI intruders in 21c's old layer! I just wish it wasn't the WC-56 and WC-63. There's been enough of those at Wal Mart and the small retailers already! Hopefully this will signal the start of a new relation between 21c and TRU...

Let's hope so. Better chances for 21st to do the A-10 Warthog in 1/18 scale.....box size won't be such a problem!!!!!

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:45 pm

Cool looking set! I wonder if the figs are final, I seem to remember in tko's last interview Roy said they hadn't decided yet whether they would be all new. Maybe these are just placeholders? Either way it'll be great to get some new guys, I'm glad they went with the Sergeant Davis mold, it'll be nice to get some more soldiers in the green uniforms.

Also glad to hear this could mark the return of 21st to TRU's shelves, I think that may even be bigger news than the set itself. We can never have too many buying options.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:56 am

I will be posting another article with more pics (21st is getting me more) of the set and a brief history that is going to be guest written by "one of our own". We sould be ready with a follow up by this friday. I was pretty excited to hear the news of TRU myself. Takes me right back to the old days! :D

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:56 pm

This Merrills Marauders set looks great. I like the idea of the two vehicles in the set, I don't collect PTO but I can't pass on this. As for Toys r Us... uh... lets just say I'm still a little bent about their Non-German Policy its like selling onesided history. I can still go online and order German stuff or go to wally world and see if they carry anything other than FW-190's and yes I may check out my local TRu. :roll:
My hats off to everyone at 21st, Well Done! Normandy

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

paras

Post by tderespino » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:41 pm

hey troops,,, those figures look like WW2 US paras repaints,,I recognize the headsclupts....tomd

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 pm

Hell yeah... Now this is what I'm talkin' bout. :)

Count me in for two sets, at least. BBI does need to step it up... Their figs need to be battle read after the drop, so hopefully they've got their plans set too!

And back at TRU? Digger, sweet stuff right there man. Can't wait to own this set... I hope the headsculpts are all-new, but if not I'm cool with that too. And I hope this is the first of many new sets to come too. Man I gotta find Japanese for all my Pacific guys to shoot at because right now they're short-changed on targets. Much like my BotB guys!

Nice work 21st, nice indeed! Keep up the good product for the figure fans!
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

nathanita
Corporal
Corporal

Marauder box

Post by nathanita » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:28 pm

I bet 21st could fit an Avenger in that box...maybe at TRU?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:41 pm

Kinda seems like awesome news/bad news. Its great that 21C is putting out new figures, and its about time TRU took them back, but putting them in with two vehicles I've already stocked up on kinda puts a damper on it. Kudos to 21C, even though I'll probably pass on the set.

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

new figures???

Post by tderespino » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:03 pm

Can anyone verify what is being released?? are there new figures??

I see repaints of the WWII US Paratoopers in the photos in Area21.

TKO can you clear this up???

tomd

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:24 pm

Too bad the vehicles are not a Jeep and a small howitzer. I like the troops. They look like they might be converted to other nationalities nicely. 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:30 pm

I got some more detailed pics on the way from 21st. I am planning to do a follow up article later this week. For now my understanding is that the have done some head swapping and repainting of uniforms, gear and helmets. (I think hair colors have some changes as well?) I guess techically they are new figures, But specifically re-paints. That's cool though, I say bring em on! All figures are cool. I am still looking for these rumored BOB repaints in my area! 21st has promised me more photos so stay tuned!
-hope that helps.