Unfinished projects

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

How often do you abandon a project in favour of a new one?

never, i always finsish what i start
6%
rarely, i usually finish what i start
16%
about 25% of the time
16%
half the time
23%
much of the time
32%
i need help, i can't finish anything!!
6%

Total votes: 31

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Unfinished projects

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:05 pm

I just started a brand new project i'm very excited about...a battle of the bulge Tiger I. Thing is, i have 2 half finished and one just started project sitting around. I do this all the time. I get all enthusiastic about something, start on it, then run out of gas or get enthused about something else and drop what i'm currently working on.

Sometimes i go back and finish, sometimes i don't. I have half finished projects i've put away from years ago.

It really bugs me but i can't help it. When the 'passion' for a project goes, it goes and i don't at all feel like working on it.

And i know i'm not alone.

So...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

wild weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Unfinished projects

Post by wild weasel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Same here, so when I loose interest I start something new, and then whenever I regain that interest I finish, unless things go perfectly then I just keep working

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Have a lot unfinished projects, some because lack of skill or technical unsolvable problems, some because my first enthousasm got down after many hours of work showing me I'd need months to achieve it, and much more dreams I would like to realize.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:17 pm

I am at much of the time.

I have many many projects that are partially done.

But I NEED to finish some because I get deposits on them.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:35 pm

There are times I'm working on something I thought would be straight-forward, but becomes more problems than it's worth. I ask myself if I could be spending my time doing something more productive, and if so I set the project aside. If I haven't gotten back to it in a few months, it's usually dead at that point.

YT

Post by YT » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm

I usually finish what I start, but occasionally something gets put aside for a while. Usually when I have an issue that I need to think through.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:30 am

I'm somewhere between much of the time and half of the time... I've got a few projects going and a few other kits in line waiting to get built. I guess the one that's got me bugged at the moment is my Dragon 1:6 Panzer II. I started on it, am probably about half-way, but have stalled. Really, its a bunch of small issues that have stalled it - a few parts not fitting like they should, not finding quite the right shade of paint (thank you very much Tamiya!) busy work schedule, and stuff like that.

Then there's a couple other projects that I started and which disappeared... not sure if or when I'll ever get to them. I began a custom German AT gun thing based on that Chap Mei Wespe and a scrapped 21c Pak 40 Hanomag, but all the parts have been sitting in my attic for 2.5 years now. I dismantled an FOV Matilda to repaint it in an early war "Battle of Arras" scheme, but that was 2 years ago as well and its in a box somewhere as well.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

1958Zelda
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by 1958Zelda » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Always have multiply projects going in varies stages of completion. :oops:

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:14 pm

In my case, its not a case of abandoning a project, its the number that I start before finishing one. I have a 1/16 DAK Tiger project that I first started and posted about here in the mods section 3 years ago. Still piddling with it. I have two of pickelhaube's kits that have lain unstarted for months and months.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:29 pm

I usually finish what I start but in the past couple of years, Im finding little time to start anything. Took nearly a year to start the B-25. This summer I bought a relatively high end air brush, compressor and all the needed accessories and paints, and have yet to actually try to paint anything. Just cant find the time right now. Maybe someday when I retire from my second career :-(
Last edited by CW4USARMY on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I didn't see a selection for what I needed: "Non-started projects" I have a few project pieces I want to do but just haven't gotten around to them to even start, let alone finish them. I picked up several of the V-1's from Pegasus to repaint into US made versions and they still sit in my closet untouched. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance, yea, right! 8^P

Mike