Motorworks Bradley camo scheme clarification?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
8416w
Corporal
Corporal

Motorworks Bradley camo scheme clarification?

Post by 8416w » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:48 pm

I have a Motorworks / 21st Bradley that has the unusual sand and gray camo scheme. I have attached a photo of a Bradley with a similar scheme that appears to be olive green and sand in color. Can anyone here confirm the correct colors for this camo scheme? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Motorworks Bradley camo scheme clarification?

Post by AJWW2 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but my neighbor has that and it's pretty cool. The camo doesn't really strike me as odd, I think it looks kind of bada$$, especially with some cool modern figs posed with it.
it be like dat

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 pm

AJWW2 wrote:Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but my neighbor has that and it's pretty cool. The camo doesn't really strike me as odd, I think it looks kind of bada$$, especially with some cool modern figs posed with it.
Ahh, young padawan, looking Bada$$ is not everything in the 1:18 world.

8416w, from my knowledge the correct colour is olive green.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 am

here is some good reading about the guys that drove those tanks during desert storm:
http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/resources/csi/barto/barto.asp
Apparently, this scheme was used for opfor or it was a test scheme that was not adopted, but there is a grainy pic on that site that looks like some were deployed with this scheme. I think it looks great in grey but if I get another one, I'll do it in olive.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 am

The Squadron Books M2/M3 Bradley in Action has the vehicle that 21c replicates on the cover, right down to the "Hellraiser" name on the turret.

Image[/URL]

I don't have the book in person, so I can't provide more information about what is said about the unit history or the purpose of the camo.

It appears that the cammo on the 21c model is a bit more blue than it should be, but that the color is in reality a gray-blue moreso than a green.

To me, it still looks cool and is visually more interesting than the all-tan schemes found on other Bradleys serving in the Gulf War and later in the second Iraq conflict.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 am

On pg 44 there is a pic of the camo (in b&w unfortunately) that states the camo was tried out by the 24th Mechanized Infantry but did not catch on and most units remained in the full sand scheme. There is another pic on 48 of another 24th MI unit in the odd scheme. The olive is outlined in black and the chevron/numbers are in grey.

No other info beyond that.

wild weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wild weasel » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:51 am

from the looks of the pic on pg. 44 I'd take a stab and say its olive grren and not grey, and just checked the verlinden war machines book, which had no info on that scheme