1/18 buildings: Stone house.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/18 buildings: New Bakery in town.

Post by AJWW2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Nice Man! You got some good money off of this and your other halftracks on eBay.

Fantastic work.

AJ
it be like dat

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Congratulations Alex, well done!!

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 am

Flyboy, can you build an entire town and all of us will come over with our xd to play? :lol:

Its great that it fetched close to what you wanted for it at $330, the buyer has gotten a piece of art :D

Something about your work that had me looking up the dictionary today,

Craftsman - A man who practises a craft with great skill

Artisan - A skilled manual worker, a craftsperson

Genius - A strong natural talent, aptitude, or inclination
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 am

It was that good! it sorta makes me want to dump all my urban diorama materials and start sending Flyboy checks!

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 am

very cool flyboy...nice work
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 am

Fantastic looking building :D

Sort of funny, but there's a great little French cafe in my town with the same name :P

I would like to see you do a whole town as well.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 pm

:lol: Thanks Gouchy!!!!!! :D

Yea, I've been contemplating building a town. Really, My little bro is getting his own room soon I have no need for the bottom bunk-bed. :twisted: I think I am just going to cut it out and store RC planes there though. I do have a town dio planned. The buildings will only be around 4" deep and they will sit up against the wall on a shelf. Basically a street diorama. But first, my bulge diorama will be made!!! I'm working on that big stone house! :D Haven't gotten any work done on it. Been really busy from 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. :roll: Holidays... SHEESH!

The house will probably have working lights too!!! :mrgreen:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Also, I will be adding a few more on ebay. I will think of some nice designs that are cheaper. (Around $45-$80 starting bid).

The interiors will not be as detailed, but the exteriors will look great!
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:43 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:Also, I will be adding a few more on ebay. I will think of some nice designs that are cheaper. (Around $45-$80 starting bid).

Thats what Im looking for, several two story buildings in a row, staggered to look real, little or no interior, like you said 3 to 5 inches deep that I can use for a backdrop for pics of my models. length needs to be around the 3 foot area. Maybe several of your buildings that could be fitted to each other to give the appearance of the crowded European urban area but then separated for ease of shipment. I like the french stuff but personally I would prefer the signs to be in German so I could pose Soviet Armor rolling through also if need be...

just some thoughts :)

CanberraPaul
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CanberraPaul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:14 pm

That bakery was the best building model I have ever seen - superb work.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Jnewboy wrote:
flyboy_fx wrote:Also, I will be adding a few more on ebay. I will think of some nice designs that are cheaper. (Around $45-$80 starting bid).

Thats what Im looking for, several two story buildings in a row, staggered to look real, little or no interior, like you said 3 to 5 inches deep that I can use for a backdrop for pics of my models. length needs to be around the 3 foot area. Maybe several of your buildings that could be fitted to each other to give the appearance of the crowded European urban area but then separated for ease of shipment. I like the french stuff but personally I would prefer the signs to be in German so I could pose Soviet Armor rolling through also if need be...

just some thoughts :)
I could probably make them all magnetic. They could click together. :D It would be neat.

I made something like this for a board member, Razor. He sent me the dimensions of the shelf and I made it to fit. :D
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:40 pm

I would be very interested 8) 8) :D !

What do you think you would charge for something like that??? :)

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:43 pm

flyboy_fx wrote::

My little bro is getting his own room soon I have no need for the bottom bunk-bed.
lol I share my room with my little bro as well, he also has the bottom bunk. I really want my own room though, so I can make it my 1:18 cave/work area (as well as Lego Starwars and airsoft)
it be like dat

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Jnewboy wrote:I would be very interested 8) 8) :D !

What do you think you would charge for something like that??? :)

Just depends how detailed and what type of buildings are wanted.. You know, stone work takes a long time to carve, so stone buildings are more expensive. Brick buildings go faster, plastered buildings probably the fastest. Full undamaged houses will take longer opposed to ruins.

I would guess that a diorama/base that is, 36" x 7" with just the faces of buildings attached would be around $250-$350. Not exactly sure ATM. It's hard to do commissioned buildings because each one takes a different amount of time. When I build it then sell it, I know how much time was put into it so it's easier to come up with a price.
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 am

Thats cool! I am not looking for stone buildings, plaster with some damage (bricks exposed) in spots... Bullet holes and damage from tanks shells (but not bombing raid damage) :lol:

I have lots of urban diorama stuff I want to put in the street, in carts and what not, the classic case that was seen in much of the war, people waiting to long to get out and being forced to flee on foot and leave their belongings in the street....

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:41 am

I can do most things. I do not think I can start before Xmas though. I've got too much to do and should not be taking on any more commissioned work. Once the holidays are over, I can sigh with relief and get started. :D
My modeling time for the past month has been limited. The only time I can see a break in my future is one week before Xmas, and then after Xmas. :D :mrgreen: I usually only model in my free time. :roll: But like I said, after Xmas, it's all good! 8)

As for the building, you'll have to let me know exactly what's wanted. Examples:

I want a base x" long by x" wide with these three buildings on it (Pictures of them or highly detailed descriptions), I want the buildings x" deep, the diorama can be no more than x" tall, ect...

I want a brick street section 36" long x 10" deep like this (Picture), I would like these two buildings in the middle (Pictures), I would like them 3" deep, the diorama can be no more than 22" tall, ect...
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:51 am

flyboy_fx wrote:I can do most things. I do not think I can start before Xmas though. I've got too much to do and should not be taking on any more commissioned work. Once the holidays are over, I can sigh with relief and get started. :D
My modeling time for the past month has been limited. The only time I can see a break in my future is one week before Xmas, and then after Xmas. :D :mrgreen: I usually only model in my free time. :roll: But like I said, after Xmas, it's all good! 8)

As for the building, you'll have to let me know exactly what's wanted. Examples:

I want a base x" long by x" wide with these three buildings on it (Pictures of them or highly detailed descriptions), I want the buildings x" deep, the diorama can be no more than x" tall, ect...

I want a brick street section 36" long x 10" deep like this (Picture), I would like these two buildings in the middle (Pictures), I would like them 3" deep, the diorama can be no more than 22" tall, ect...
Ill get to work 8)
Anyone who has good pictures of street scenes please post them!

CanberraPaul
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CanberraPaul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Jon maybe you could do some models and then add some of these buildings and sell the the whole thing as a complete dio for unskilled guys like me?

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I've been thinking of selling dioramas. Really high quality ones with long grass, realistic trees, ect...

I know one thing I started but have not finished, is a German airfield hanger to display planes for photoshoots. It's going to be AWESOME! It will look like this minus the snow..

http://www.aikensairplanes.com/dragonwings/DRW50333.jpg
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:49 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:I've been thinking of selling dioramas. Really high quality ones with long grass, realistic trees, ect...

I know one thing I started but have not finished, is a German airfield hanger to display planes for photoshoots. It's going to be AWESOME! It will look like this minus the snow..

I was going to make something similar but I was going to put an 88 on it and alot of empty shells :D

So many things, so many projects waiting in the wings, I had to put it all on an Excel sheet to keep up with it....

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:53 pm

CanberraPaul wrote:Jon maybe you could do some models and then add some of these buildings and sell the the whole thing as a complete dio for unskilled guys like me?
I cant send any dioramas of any real size to Australia, but when I make more I will carefully document it all with lots of pics and instruction so you or anyone can make something similar :D

CanberraPaul
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CanberraPaul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:14 pm

I may have to fly to the US, collect the whole thing and buy 3 seats for the return journey - and nurse it on my knee!!!!

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:40 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:I've been thinking of selling dioramas. Really high quality ones with long grass, realistic trees, ect...

Flyboy, the airfield hanger idea sounds great. Crazy Kraut did did one a while back and it looks very cool.........
http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =9&t=18932 8)

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:39 am

Jnewboy: "Anyone who has good pictures of street scenes please post them!"

One "street scene" coming up...........................

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 pm

I just finished a factory. It is sorta a general purpose brick building. Would work great on eastern front, Berlin, Normandy, ect.

Let me know how it looks! I will let the pics do the talking.

--Samuel Beckett