1/18 buildings: Stone house.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/18 buildings

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 pm

I do need to make bunkers soon though to sell here. :D Like I said, I've got them ready to put together!!!
I think Im going to try to auction off a few more buildings on Ebay and then onto bunkers. Im just needing some cash before Xmas.
I want to offer the bunkers cheap on SSHQ so I work for like $5 an hour. ;) So, right now they are not #1 on my list . But soon!

@Tank ace. Thanks! :P I should have a few more that will be around $50. They are going to have plastered walls and not brick. Probably the same size as the creamery. Plaster walls are easier than brick work. Stone is the absolute HARDEST! 0_0 I spent at least 4 hours making the walls for my farmhouse above. :shock:

@PH Thanks! Maybe at this rate I can get some Resin kits from you! I know I've been wanting a lot of them but my money is spent mostly on supplies for my own hobby. :roll: :D
Maybe a 229 will hang from my ceiling as it strafes a firefly!!!!!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:24 am

Well done Flyboy :D

Hope this is just the start of a very rewarding project for you

If I could have afforded it I'd bid on your building in a heartbeat, really solid and great piece. 8)
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 am

Hi guys, while I was waiting for my airbrush compressor to come, (Thanks Popeye!!!), I figured I would put my time to good use.

I've invested around 32 hours in this. all in the total time of 3 days (wanted to finish before Thanksgiving). :shock: Was not planing on it, but I did make one really nice interior!!! The building can be displayed from both sides and look FANTASTIC! :D

I think I'm going to stick it on ebay for $250. I could hope I could get my times worth out of it at around $340. But... I doubt someone will even spend $250 for it. :roll: The cheap buildings will do far better I'm sure, however, will not look as nice... Well, you know, I put less time into them. ;)

I'll list it on Sunday. If it does not sell, I would consider trades if anyone wants it. Cash would just be better around this time of the year though. But, I always love new 1/18 stuff!!! :D

Let me know how y'all like it. I want good or bad feedback, I appreciate it.

--Samuel Beckett

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: 1/18 buildings: New Bakery in town.

Post by holensock » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:45 am

If I had the bucks and not the threat of my wife throwing me out, I'd buy this from you in a blink of an eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's FANTASTIC!!! You are a great artist!!!!
Excellent job!!!!!!!!

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:43 am

Flyguy, thats Great :!: :!: Your work is some of the finest I've seen.
You've got a good eye for detail and a finished interior, which is lacking in most other dioramas is an added bonus.
The pics are great as well........I like them all but the one with 21st's Farm House is the coolest.
Nice Job!!

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:58 am

As someone who spent some time working on 1/18 buildings a couple of years ago, I can say that's one of the finest I've ever seen. Truly amazing work.

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 am

HOLY FRICKIN' AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That. Is. Amazing.

I have always REALLY wanted to make sorts of French buildings and normandy town dioramas, but may skills are not yet anything compared to this fantastic work of art! I just love it, it is one of THE coolest 1:18 things I have ever seen (this and your other buildings). How did you make the broken glass?!?! and I love that MG42 stand in the 17th pic, where/how did you get/make it?! My only criticism is that there maybe should have been some baseboards lining the second floor walls. Again, this is sooooo fantastic, I hope I can possess similar skills to yours eventually. :mrgreen:

AJ
it be like dat

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 am

Wow! 8)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:53 am

Fantastic!!! Matches perfectly with the 21st building (and is better detail). I like the floors, even the boards are to scale.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:07 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the complements!!! :D It makes it all worth it in the end, at least knowing people enjoyed seeing it!
How did you make the broken glass?!?! and I love that MG42 stand in the 17th pic, where/how did you get/make it?! My only criticism is that there maybe should have been some baseboards lining the second floor walls.
The glass is thin clear plastic. I basically jut cut it to shape and then scored it to create the splintered and shattered look. I figure, if a bomb went off big enough to blow the house up... I doubt there's any glass left that's not broken. :lol:

The tripod is called a Lafette and was made by Grunt1. It's an amazing piece for only $15/$20.
You really need one! I do love Lafettes!

As for the baseboards. Not entirely sure what you mean. Do you have any pics? I think I know what your talking about but I'm not sure. I need to read up more on the construction of these buildings.

If I had the bucks and not the threat of my wife throwing me out, I'd buy this from you in a blink of an eye
Yea... I don't think you could live in this either. :lol: :lol:
--Samuel Beckett

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:58 am

The wallpaper was a great touch flyboy! And if I had a nose full of quarters, I would blow it all out to buy this from you!

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Your work keeps getting better and BIGGER.Maybe when is listed on ebay,you can add to the listing that you do custom work and painting on vehicles.I am sure many people will see it.I am thinking about bidding on it,the only thing holding me is the size.It will take space i don't have.It is very tempting :| .I wish i have a room just for this hobby.I like the Panzer IV as well.you must have a lot of very cool customs on your room.I like those pictures.The German running upstairs and the two U.S. troops remind me a scene from saving private Ryan. :lol:

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:22 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:
As for the baseboards. Not entirely sure what you mean. Do you have any pics? I think I know what your talking about but I'm not sure. I need to read up more on the construction of these buildings.
What he means is the flat board that runs horizontally along the floor line and may or may not have some additional molding on it for decoration. You seem to have it in the first floor, but not the second.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Base-molding? I see what you mean now, the trim that separates the wall from the flooring?
I was planing on it but decided no. Not sure why, something must have made me change my mind.

My stone farmhouse will have it though! :D
--Samuel Beckett

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:03 pm

TankAce wrote:Your work keeps getting better and BIGGER.Maybe when is listed on ebay,you can add to the listing that you do custom work and painting on vehicles.I am sure many people will see it.I am thinking about bidding on it,the only thing holding me is the size.It will take space i don't have.It is very tempting :| .I wish i have a room just for this hobby.I like the Panzer IV as well.you must have a lot of very cool customs on your room.I like those pictures.The German running upstairs and the two U.S. troops remind me a scene from saving private Ryan. :lol:

:D It did come out big. It really is a nice piece though! I can get dimensions up soon for you.

Not sure if I will make any more until after Xmas. I'm busy! :shock: But, I will probably make some smaller ones. :) The price is basically proportional the level of detail. You can display it just on a shelf with guys on the inside!
--Samuel Beckett

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow man, just... wow.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:38 pm

That looks awesome Flyboy!!! How do you ship this? does it come apart??

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

With a big box. :lol: No it does not. :roll: Seams have been filled. I think it will normally be about $25-$30 to ship for this size. Not sure though.
--Samuel Beckett

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 pm

HOLY &%$# !!!! Are you kidding me?? This is some of the finest custom work I have seen. I wouldn't over think the baseboard flyboy. You have SO many amazing details in this piece that most people would not even think of that. I love the hardwood floors and the broken tiles. Truly amazing work.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 pm

The interior beats the socks off ANY 1/18 building I have seen. AMAZING details from the tile floor with broken bits to the correct alignment of the staircase to the wallpaper on the 2nd floor. FANTASTIC!
The glass is VERY realistic. I would not change a thing. I would only offer this to add to the already awesome display is a beat up glass case or counter to show it was used as a bakery.
I like so many before have said, I wish I could give you the money this is truely worth.
Bravo on a job well done.
Now find a way to mass produce this type of building to make a profit for you and affordable for the rest of us. :wink:
"Hey, I know what I want for Christmas!"
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 am

Simply amazing..... Sign me up!

Btw, the tripods are $10 now. http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =1&t=19285
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Baseboards on the second floor would be a nice detail, but not historically necessary. Many European buildings with the shop on the first floor and living quarters on the second had a much more detailed and 'rich' look in the public space than the living areas. The customers should be impressed by the 'high quality' of the first floor (and merchandise), while no one would see the living floors but the family, so quality of detail on the higher floors didn't mean as much. The only thing I would have considered is a lower floor wall blocking the stairway from view of the 'customers'.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Okay, I gotcha! Next one I will keep it in mind. I might make a few more buildings with details that focus on the exterior before another interior. If this one sells. :) I sure could use the money. lol I'm sure we all could though! :roll:

But, for those of you interested in structures only focusing on exterior with a basic inside, they should be 3/4-1/2 the price. ;)

If you all would like to suggest some buildings and send me pictures, contact me at: [email protected]. I always need ideas!!!

Just send your pics titled 1/18 building pic. Something like that. :)
--Samuel Beckett

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 pm

flyboy_fx, those buildings are just amazing :shock:, the detail is totally outstanding, its hard to believe that they are made from foam board 8)

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Okay, it's on ebay. :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320802799777?ss ... 1555.l2649

I hope for the best! I think the starting price is fair for the effort involved!
--Samuel Beckett