Merit 1:16 Tiger I, Kurland, Eastern Front,

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Merit 1:16 Tiger I, Kurland, Eastern Front,

Post by Yoxford » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:40 am

just saw this on the Merit site...
http://www.merit-intl.com/vendor/merit.html
looks good, however Zimmerit was applied to late model Tiger 1’s fighting at Kurland!
Lets hope (though most likely too late at this point) Merit adds Zimmerit before production.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: Merit 1:16 Tiger I, Kurland, Eastern Front,

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 am

wouldn't count on zimmerit.

the t-34 looks like it's just the trumpeter kit, built up. Price better be good as you can get the WSN r/c for just over $100.

they also have pics of the Hornet. Looks nice. Wonder what it's price will be and if the lower hull is removable to make a waterline version.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am

If Merit has lots of new 1/16 tanks planned, I wonder how it affects All-Go's 1/18 King Tiger and FOV's 1/16 Tiger I repaint?

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:43 am

Agree with previous comment, it looks good, a Tiger from Schwere Panzer-abteilung 502.

For a mid production vehicle it should have zimmerit, although it wouldn't stop me buying it.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Its always good to see armor being produced, just wish it were 1:18 like their aircraft....still glad to see it.
As far as AllGo's King Tiger, if they want to jump start their company they should be selling that instead of the two 1:32 aircraft.

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:42 am

The retail price point is in...$89.99 with an expected December release. Considering Forces Of Valor's 1:24 scale tanks at over $100 these babies are a bargain! Cheers, Matt
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:16 am

that is a pretty decent price. I gather these are WSN's without the r/c gear in them. I wonder if this will become a trend and other r/c makers will offer static versions of their tanks.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:03 am

I have a couple of the WSN T-34s but I don't have a WSN Tiger so I can't compare one to the Heng Long Tigers I have. The WSN Tigers seem to run around $30 higher on average than HL's. Just from photos I don't see much difference, but I guess there could be differences in the electronics. The RC Heng Long Tiger, Panther, and Jagdpanther, for example, can be had on ebay for less than $100 and free shipping. If you have to pay shipping on the Tiger on the Merit site, it might cost a couple of bucks more than a RC Heng Long. Don't really know how much more a "custom" paint job costs to make but all of the manufacturers seem to charge $30-$40 more for them. Guess it just depends on whether you want to chase the cat around the house with a RC model.

Lets say if Heng Long were to release their Tiger without RC. How much less should it be? And if someone has both a WSN and a HL Tiger, how do they compare as far as detail goes? All I have to go by is photos. Is one actually made better than the other (not counting electronics and gears)?

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 am

I have both HL & WSN Tigers and the WSN Tiger has much better details, I dont know which is a better RC as I dont drive them around.