Funny Custom on Ebay

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Funny Custom on Ebay

Post by Buckyroo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTIMATE-SOLDIE ... MyEbayBeta

This custom is just too funny. check out the nose cone - looks like it is one of those candy Dots.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Funny Custom on Ebay

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:27 am

Why would that guy buy it in the first place ?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am

Thats sad, what a waste of time, and a waste of a 109E

It looks like the maker could not decide weather he was going to copy that "one of a kind" prototype 109 or try to do Hans's plane and came out somewhere in the middle.

It reminds me of those 60's and 70's WW2 movies where they would take any tank or airplane and paint crosses on it and use it in the movie.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Yea LOL
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:26 am

I wonder if the spinner is made from the front of the drop tank, it seems to have the same profile, and there doesn't appear to be one in the box.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 am

For the price being sought, I would expect better painting skills and no stick on numbers. Good luck to the seller.
FLY NAVY

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:19 pm

bigsarge wrote:i owned that plane up until 2009.i got it from gijoewoofer when i lived in mississippi.i traded 2 winter 109's for it.i sold it in 2009 because i needed the money.the extended nose cone was made from the fuel tank.and the pilot was custom blond with a soft helmet.this was one of gijoewoofers first customs.
This is off a post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum about this custom.

I personally dont believe it, Ive never seen the Hun do anything that wasn't 100% authentic, unless he just did it for shits and giggles,and if so Id like to know the story how it ended up on ebay being sold by them for that much money and being presented as authentic. Id like to hear this story from the horses mouth.

opfor
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by opfor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Well Jnew whether you Believe IT or Like it that is the story. I piked this up off of big sarge a few years ago and decided to finally part with it. He told me at the time who did this but I could not remember when I listed this. I wasn't even sure who it was done after until I did a search on google.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:18 pm

The guy selling it told me he did pick it up off someone not too long ago and really doesn't know a lot about the subject. He says he searched images online until he found one close to the one for sale.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:23 pm

opfor wrote:Well Jnew whether you Believe IT or Like it that is the story. I piked this up off of big sarge a few years ago and decided to finally part with it. He told me at the time who did this but I could not remember when I listed this. I wasn't even sure who it was done after until I did a search on google.

I believe it... You shoulda seen my first customs! Everyone starts somewhere!!! THis should be sold as on of "The Huns" first customs. :D
--Samuel Beckett

opfor
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by opfor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:The guy selling it told me he did pick it up off someone not too long ago and really doesn't know a lot about the subject. He says he searched images online until he found one close to the one for sale.
I just don't know as much about all the finer points between a ME and BF 109 that you were pointing out.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 pm

opfor wrote:Well Jnew whether you Believe IT or Like it that is the story. I piked this up off of big sarge a few years ago and decided to finally part with it. He told me at the time who did this but I could not remember when I listed this. I wasn't even sure who it was done after until I did a search on google.
I meant no disrespect, just very surprised but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I know Ive had my moments :lol:

opfor
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by opfor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Jnewboy wrote:
I meant no disrespect, just very surprised but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I know Ive had my moments :lol:

I didn't know what you meant by (presenting as authentic). I'm presenting it as honestly and fairly as I know how. Tried to take photos of it from various angles and tell all I knew about it. I noticed it didn't have all the markings on the engine cowling but given the fact that google showed this to be a close match to Desert 14 109 I felt it has to be this pilot. Don't guess there is any question with regards to that, just some things lacking as far as it being a proper BF version and some things that may or may not be the best way for customizing.

snake

Post by snake » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:30 am

opfor wrote:
Jnewboy wrote:

I didn't know what you meant by (presenting as authentic). I'm presenting it as honestly and fairly as I know how. Tried to take photos of it from various angles and tell all I knew about it. I noticed it didn't have all the markings on the engine cowling but given the fact that google showed this to be a close match to Desert 14 109 I felt it has to be this pilot. Don't guess there is any question with regards to that, just some things lacking as far as it being a proper BF version and some things that may or may not be the best way for customizing.

I have dealt with MikesMilitaryMachines, and he does have a great selection of 1/18, although pricey. But that is up to the buyer.

This is a pretty terrible custom, and appears to try to cash in on the recent 21C Me109 Desert "prototype", that have become available. Although to be fair, the listing does not list it, or even imply that it is one of these.

But it is pretty slick "marketing", from an experienced seller. :wink:

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:37 am

I think he tried to make it look like a BF109F. This is a BF109E. Still, no worries. ;)
--Samuel Beckett

opfor
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by opfor » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 pm

I have dealt with MikesMilitaryMachines, and he does have a great selection of 1/18, although pricey. But that is up to the buyer.

This is a pretty terrible custom, and appears to try to cash in on the recent 21C Me109 Desert "prototype", that have become available. Although to be fair, the listing does not list it, or even imply that it is one of these.

But it is pretty slick "marketing", from an experienced seller. :wink:[/quote]

Thanks....I think? Feel like I'm on trial for something, lol.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Nah your not.. xD... it is just the custom itself.
--Samuel Beckett

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Its a one of a kind Me-109 with a turboprop...extremely rare and should be sold for much higher price..How much Higher you ask...I don't know Let me get high first, cause who ever did this custom was smoking some good stuff.....

I was going to custimze this me-109,
it was going to be the dope,
Then I bought some dope

then I got high
then I got high
then I got high
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:10 pm

I was gonna go clean my room, but then I got high... OOOhhh hoooo! lol
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 pm

I was ganna go to school, but then I got high!

I was ganna go to work, but then I got high! :lol: