AllGo is all go!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: AllGo is all go!

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:52 pm

sdcc73 wrote: Image

I would buy one.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 pm

I wish AG good luck, but don't expect too much if they concentrate in the same old fighters in 1/32. If they want to start in 1/32, to get us to buy 1/32, at least give us something new, like a B-25 or Ju-88 or Me-110 or (be still my heart)......a Mosquito. Any of these in 1/32 would be welcomed. I have said for years 1/32 is the perfect scale for the bigger 2 engine stuff.

TTT[/quote]

Totally agree on the twin engine in 1/32...Just got the Corgi Mosquito "Moncton", pretty expensive, but perfect size & absolutely beautiful...B25, ME110, JU88, All the above!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:44 pm

456THBG wrote:I wish AG good luck, but don't expect too much if they concentrate in the same old fighters in 1/32. If they want to start in 1/32, to get us to buy 1/32, at least give us something new, like a B-25 or Ju-88 or Me-110 or (be still my heart)......a Mosquito. Any of these in 1/32 would be welcomed. I have said for years 1/32 is the perfect scale for the bigger 2 engine stuff.

TTT
Totally agree on the twin engine in 1/32...Just got the Corgi Mosquito "Moncton", pretty expensive, but perfect size & absolutely beautiful...B25, ME110, JU88, All the above![/quote]

I agree, but they need to make the most of what they have to get on their feet. If it's true they don't have the same problems with the Chinese manufacturing plants with their 1:32 as they do with the 1:18 (mentioned earlier) then It's wise to turn out some more planes. After all we only got 3 of the new P-51D, only 1 Spitfire. All the planes "in the pipeline" are newer and more popular molds. Plus the choice of well known aces like Hartmann, and nude nose art P-51's, and a Mk.V Spitfire (never seen before) are no brainers and very good choices. I think they're on the right track. They could use a few more new molds, like a P-47 Razorback, P-40E/N, Tempest /Typhoon etc., but I'll take what I can get as long as they are good molds and new paint jobs. They DO NEED a Redtail in there. It just makes sense.

1:32 is the logical choice for multi engine aircraft though. It was 21stC that did build a prototype B-17G, TKO told us about, and later we saw it up for auction, after many of us had agreed it would be doable in 1:32 before even seeing it (hopefully they think like us we think like them) Now Wingscale made one along with a B-25 and both may yet be realized. It's just that you have to build them.

1:18 will come if this is successful too IMO, and maybe multi-engine planes in 1:32, as it's still wide open even in the model world not many out there in that scale.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

snake

Post by snake » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:46 pm

456THBG wrote:
Totally agree on the twin engine in 1/32...Just got the Corgi Mosquito "Moncton", pretty expensive, but perfect size & absolutely beautiful...B25, ME110, JU88, All the above!

Glad to hear you picked up the Corgi 1/32 "Moncton Express", 456THBG. 8)

It is a great piece of diecast, and has a large presence to it. And it is heavy.

Good score! :wink:

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 pm

I like many have lots of the prior planes, and would like to see new molds. But realistically they will produce planes that they already have molds for. Perhaps they can capture a bigger market of people that have not been exposed to the previous line. It doesn't take a economics genius to figure they need to raise money to support the company.
Todd

sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sdcc73 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Dauntless wrote:They DO NEED a Redtail in there. 1:18 will come if this is successful
Hopefully the Red Tail will be 1:18 given its the same scale of toy figures millions of Star Wars fans buy. Just the fact that its Lucasfilm, many Star Wars fans will watch Red Tails. They love 1:18, so its perfect to release a Red Tail in that scale (crosses fingers)! Numerous Star Wars fans are already fans of the same period Red Tail planes come from. As seen on the web's many humersou WW2 + Star Wars mashups.
Last edited by sdcc73 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sdcc73 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:47 pm

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:17 am

Everyone makes good points here. We have all waited and been teased by the entry / return of AllGo, and we all just want to start seeing the products in our collections. Timing these past couple years- have been uber tricky! Costs to produce these items overseas have literally skyrocketed from years past. This is just one of the pressures that greatly reduce margins of profit and start to make anything a risky proposition.

There is a plan in place and while a red 19 Fw-190 is a reissue it's the necessary critical first step toward what hopefully could be a much brighter future than we have all seen these past 3 dismal years.

FYI I have not heard of any plans to release armor as of yet. As pickle points out- armor simply doesn't sell nearly well enough compared to planes... But you never know... Things can always change. For now my money is on no armor- at least for the short term future.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:58 am

I like armor over planes.. :< Much rather buy a Jadgpanther for $100 over a new repaint... :wink:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 am

flyboy_fx wrote:I like armor over planes.. :< Much rather buy a Jadgpanther for $100 over a new repaint... :wink:
I like armor as much if not a little more than planes. I will still buy new planes I don't already have an example of, but there is still so much armor left to do like the Wespe, Nashorn, etc.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:18 am

I would be happy with JUST the jagdkitty if they released ANY new armor.
--Samuel Beckett

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:24 am

I want a rerelease of the 1/18 WC57 command car with Patton and Willy. :mrgreen:

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 am

TKO, can I ask a favor, please? Can you specify the scale of item you are talking about? At one point in time I used to know which molds in which scale All-Go had access to (at least I thought I did), but now I have no idea what All-Go is capable of releasing. I see something about a Red 19 FW-190 being released in a 1/18 thread and I get excited thinking there is going to be a new 1/18 FW-190. When I go to the All-Go site I see only 1/32 planes. If you could just clarify the scale when listing projects and releases that would help a lot. Thanks for the updates.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

tko211 wrote:
FYI I have not heard of any plans to release armor as of yet. As pickle points out- armor simply doesn't sell nearly well enough compared to planes... But you never know... Things can always change. For now my money is on no armor- at least for the short term future.

Well if this is in fact true, its very disappointing.
After Pickelhaube's Ho-229 and maybe an Me-163 in 1:18 I think I'm good, unless something new shows up.....never been as much of a Wing Nut as I am a Tread Head.
The King Tiger would be one hell of a model to have in 1:18 and it would fit in with the rest of my armor collection. :P

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 pm

normandy wrote:
tko211 wrote:

Well if this is in fact true, its very disappointing.
After Pickelhaube's Ho-229 and maybe an Me-163 in 1:18 I think I'm good, unless something new shows up.....never been as much of a Wing Nut as I am a Tread Head.
The King Tiger would be one hell of a model to have in 1:18 and it would fit in with the rest of my armor collection. :P
I agree with Normandy, the 1/18 ground and armor has always interested me more than the planes. (Pickles Ho229 being the exception) Just seems like there is so much more customizing and setting things up on my shelf that I can do with tanks as oppsed to the planes. (They also take up alot less room) I wish All Go all the best, but untill they roll out some new 1/18 armor or troops, I doubt they will have anything I will be interested in buying. :(
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Allgo makes repaint of tiger 1 and wonders why it don't sell... WELL NO SH-T! lol Make something new! We will EAT IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Samuel Beckett

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm

...AllGo hasn't released anything yet, that was a "pirated" JSI Tiger no?

As Picklehaube also pointed out, 1:32 outsold 1:18 overwhelmingly. I noticed this back in the Walmart days, when hunting for both scales. The turn around time was a lot quicker for 1:32. Not to mention the available shelf space having to compete with Hasbro and Mattel etc. Online might be slightly different, but they're cheaper so more did and will sell.

If this is what it takes to get them on their feet, then I'm all for it. If the majority wants planes, they have to cater to what's going to sell, it's business, and maybe just maybe some mega retailer might give them a little shelf space, where they otherwise wouldn't for a huge 1:18 plane, or tank that might sit for a while and get blown out on sale for next to nothing like recently at Target.

I buy armor too, but yeah I'm more into planes. I'll buy everything they want to release that's a new paint scheme. Maybe one "Shangri La" for a future custom, though I've already got two. Don't know why they couldn't have released it as a "Boise Bee" ..maybe that'll come later.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 am

well i hope Allgo makes a go of it all. I think if the tooling for the KT is done it would be a wise move to release it. It is one of those items that even people not particularily interested in tanks would buy. So plane guys, 1/18 car guys etc would want one too...not just armour guys. It would be their best selling tank to date for sure.

Just make sure it's released in a juicy paint scheme first and don't repeat the mistake of the 88 being DAK first. The dark grey would have outsold it 2 to 1 if it had been the first release.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:10 pm

very good points
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm a plane guy and would definitely want a King Tiger. I have examples of all the other 1:18 21stC tanks.

I do like the "104" paint scheme of the example on their site. Where's it from the Eastern Front? Looks a lot like the Eastern Front 21stC Tiger camo. http://www.allgotoys.com/vehicles/

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Oh great, I already have Red 19! :(

Give us a Griffon engined Spitfire! Or at least a repaint!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Dauntless wrote:I'm a plane guy and would definitely want a King Tiger. I have examples of all the other 1:18 21stC tanks.

I do like the "104" paint scheme of the example on their site. Where's it from the Eastern Front? Looks a lot like the Eastern Front 21stC Tiger camo. http://www.allgotoys.com/vehicles/

Bulge I think.
--Samuel Beckett

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 am

...shows ya I don't know a whole lot about armor paint, except maybe the obvious DAK. :?

Roach
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Roach » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Well it is now Saturday so it appears nothing shipped this week. AllGo remains ALLNO until they actually produce a product. Until then they have zero credibility. They cannot deliver a duplicate of a three year old product on time and people are expecting something new! Very sad, but unfortunately very true.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:28 am

Dauntless wrote: I'll buy everything they want to release that's a new paint scheme.
Bingo !!!!!!! Most collectors in a hobby prefer a variety instead of buying the same product over-n-over. It makes as much sense to me as going to see the same crappy movie 2,3,4 times, just to support the theater.
FLY NAVY