1/18 Scale Tiger II by Chritmas ? It's Up to you guys.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

1/18 Scale Tiger II by Chritmas ? It's Up to you guys.

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 am

Hey Guys,

It seems that my real job has become my regular job. That is a good thing for my bills but a bad thing for XD.

That being said.

I have 2 more full builds to do then it is back on the Horten.

I have a 222 full build to make for Charlie who has been waiting since LAST Christmas. Then a wirblewind full build.

Then back onto the Horten !!! As that is being built I WILL remake the Indy sidecar moulds to fill those orders.

As I have said in a previous post I have been commissioned to build a Tiger II

It will be done hopefully before Christmas.

I do have a few other little projects that have been lingering around for a while waiting for the Horten to get done.

105 howitzer
Sdkfz 251 backdate
Humvee turret package update

These are hopefully quick little mods that I can get out. Most people like these because they are a little easier on the wallet.

The guy who wants the Tiger has been patient. The last time I posted about the Tiger the response was almost non existent. That was a tad disheartening.

I think that every body is still waiting for AllGo to announce their Tiger II.

Fellas I do not think that will happen. Their track record thus far is 0. They have not made it out of the starting blocks.

When the new company fist peaked its head up they announced that their would be another 1/18 scale Mustang. Then they went back behind the XD curtain.

Now they say that they will do a 1/32 aircraft line.

I am not sure but 1/32 airplanes look nothing like a 1/18Tiger II .

You hold out guys waiting for a big company to make the Tiger II will possibly look like Rip Van Winkle by the time you get it.

So one more time. Who is up for a 1/18 scale Tiger II

Cost $300-$400 :shock:
Last edited by pickelhaube on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: 1/18 Scale Tiger II by Chritmas ? It's Up to you guys.

Post by B17Fortress » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 am

I would really love a Royale Tiger but $300-$400 is out of my hobby budget. I think it is great that you are willing to make the Royale Tiger for the people with the dough.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 am

Pickel:

I am not one of the holdouts, I am one of the giveups. I am quite happy with my 1/16 Mato KT and find I am not upset doing without a 1/18 KT.

Allgo is not a 0, at this point AG is about a minus 5. Saying they were coming out with a KT and a B-25 on the horizon and then - nothing - and now whining that Chinese pirates are actually making stuff using old 21C molds and pleading with us not to buy the pirate stuff so we have nothing also. Forgetaboutit.... :roll:

Pickel, I love your work but I think a KT is much more detail work for you to make any profit at all with a $3-400 price tag. Maybe $4-500 price tag, but then your target market shrinks even more.

I'll wait and appreciate your work. You are one of the special class of craftsmen and when I get my 222 and the 1/6 250 turret I know they will be great.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 pm

You do great customs, pickel. But I'd want to caution you about making a 1/18th King Tiger. The 1/16th market is saturated with King Tiger models. From cheap but good quality Heng Longs, to expensive Tamiyas.

There's even a King Tiger kit made by Trumpeter that's super-detailed, and has full interior!

And you can't forget about Unimax's die-cast King Tigers as well.

And there's even 1/16 Jagdtigers out there now.

And the sad thing is, 1/18th figures looks in-scale in these tanks, because 1/18th figures are more 1/16th anyway in proportions.

And all these tanks' price range are from $100-$700.

I don't know if it's worth the time and effort for you to make a $300-$400 King Tiger in 1/18th, when the regular joe, in this economy, can pick up a Heng Long KT for less than $200, or a Trumpeter super-detailed King Tiger kit for less than $250.

Just my .02 cents.

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 am

I think that paying $200.00 for the 1/16 heng long and dwarfing all my tank collection to save money is not an option.I rather not get a tank.I rather spend the few extra box to get the 1/18 KT.I got Pickel's t-34 and it displays really nice with my collection and i know for a fact that i am one of the few people in the world that has a t-34 in 1/18 scale,WOW :idea: .There will not be any made by any company.not on 1/18 scale.I seen custom Jagpanthers and a wimbelwind sell for over $400.00 on ebay.That proves that a unique tank can hold value.A motorworks diecast METAL tiger tank cost about $60.00 on ebay,same for the Panzer IV,Panther and sherman. Halftrack U.S. or German $40.00
If we buy this vehicles in 1/16 we would spend way more than that. I seen some 1/16 tank kits and they are expensive as well.
If the tank is ready by Christmas,i will give this my self as a gift. :D

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:59 am

After our conversation (about the other customs you are doing for me), I have decieded that I want one of your King Tigers, if you make it.

Put me on your list for a KT in the $3-400 range.

I put no time restrictions on you, just whenever you can do it. I'll have to just have an entire shelf of Pickel 1/18 customs. :?

TTT

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 am

I have purchased a couple of pickelhaube's items which were in the $150 range. The $300-$400 would not be overpriced, its just that for me, there's not anything I would be willing to pay that price for. I paid $98, which included shipping, for my HL King Tiger off of ebay. It wasn't new in box, but neither was it damaged or missing anything. Quite happy with that purchase. Custom painted 1/16 HL KT's are selling for around $300-$350 (add $68 for shipping from Hong Kong), on ebay right now and I think they are overpriced. The paint jobs are very nice so that may be where the extra cost is coming from.

What I don't know is where the seller is getting all of the KT's since he is the only one selling them on ebay. He has shown several different paint schemes and when he sells one, another goes right back up for sale so he seems to not have a problem getting a supply of them. I guess it could actually be HL selling them but that still doesn't answer why there is only the one seller that has them. Seems if it was HL, they would be in the hands of other distributors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Built-1-16-Matorro- ... 694wt_1185
http://cgi.ebay.com/Built-1-16-Heng-Lon ... 342wt_1185

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am

I am at a loss to explain why the 1/16 KT and the Judhgtigers have more than doubled in price in a year. I bought a Mato KT, NIB for $129 from a dealer in Canada in Jan 2010. Same ballpark for a HL Judgpanther.

Then they disapeared, now they are around $330 and just a little less for a HL.

For that money, considering big shipping, Pickel's 1/18 KT is right in the ballpark, considering most of us don't use the RC feature much anyway.

With a little interest, once Pickel makes the KT, I'm sure he can make a Judgtiger for the same or less money. The future looks very interesting. 8)

TTT

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am

The new KT's are not available yet. Those prices will be for tanks with metal upgrades, at around $230. The stock version of the new HL KT with Porsche turret will sell for around $150.
http://www.rctankwars.com/Products.asp

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:55 pm

smittyrob64 wrote:The new KT's are not available yet. Those prices will be for tanks with metal upgrades, at around $230. The stock version of the new HL KT with Porsche turret will sell for around $150.
http://www.rctankwars.com/Products.asp

Very interesting. I look at the RC sites occasionally to try and keep up with whats available, but thats the first I've read about the HL KT being available again. It says August so thats now. Those that are selling right now on ebay for around $300 do not have metal upgrades. But rctanwars wants around $100 for a custom paint job, so as I guessed, thats a big part of the $300 for the ones already on ebay. If the $150 price is correct, thats a very reasonable price. The dealers in the U.S. who don't gouge on shipping only charge $10-$12 to ship one. Just got a new Paasche air brush and compressor, so I might get another one now and put my own $100 paint job on it.

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm

...but just to clarify the old KT's were made by Matorro, these are Heng Long.
And although nobody really knows what the connection is between the two if any, the new KT's will have HL electronics as opposed to Matorro, improved looks and what appears to be corrected lower hull angle eliminating the bumps as on the Matorro. Also I think they have dispensed with the molded on tools.

..but this is starting to feel like a thread hijack so, I think if there are enough here who want a 1/18 KT, Pickel should make one, as it's the only way anyone will ever see one in 1/18 and will be a very unique item to own.

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Well Pickel, I was holding out hope that 21st/AllGo would pull the Tiger out of their hat....so to speak. But I guess it's obvious it won't happen anytime soon or in the future.
We know 1:18 sells........I just don't understand what they think about this or why they won't let us in on it.
My hesitation on this topic was due to seeing the 1:18 tiger prototype pics and thinking......any day now, and as someone else said.... didn't want you to get stuck with a large investment in production and then getting undersold. At this rate it'll be years, if ever before we see a King Tiger or Jagdpanther from them.
I say Go For It! I'll get one for Christmas, what the heck I got two Hortens on order.
Your the only 1:18 company out there and I like your work!
Normandy.

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Post inappropriate and provacative. My apologies to Pickel. Should have used pm feature or not commented at all.
Last edited by Norsican on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Norsican wrote:
Cyber bulling . Are you kidding me ?

Rare and gifted are you kidding me ? His last products were made by a 3D printer.

Please God, know what you are talking about before you say such things.

Are you for real ?
I would order one but I'm not confident this relationship would work, you don't seem to handle to opinions of others very well. Besides, if my payment arrived late, I'd hate to have the cops called on me.

No problem. I would rather not sell to you.

I hope your kindness to Jack gives you a warm fuzzy feeling in your tummy.

Cops are usually called when a crime has been committed . Let that be known.

You are entitled to your own opinion. I imagine he has had some happy customers . Obviously he has some disgruntled ones.

Ripping people off has nothing to do with opinions.

Facts are facts he has or is in the process of ripping off people as we speak .

Your opinion is that he is a tad quirky and you are cool with that because you have had good dealings with him.

My opinion is that you are entitled to your opinion.

I will will mark you down as not getting a Tiger II. :wink: :D

BTW

It looks like you joined this forum to support jack and slam 21st / Allgo.

Are you jumping on the band wagon to slam ALLGo ? Isn't that cyber bullying ?

I am glad that you showed up on this forum to support jack in his time of need.

But by doing so you are slapping the face of people he is ripping or is in the process of ripping people off.

Welcome to the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm

NORSICAN Said -
"I would order one but I'm not confident this relationship would work, you don't seem to handle to opinions of others very well. Besides, if my payment arrived late, I'd hate to have the cops called on me."

I have to say that was uncalled for especially that it seems you have never delt with - Picklehaub. I have bought from him several times and look forward to getting more of his great stuff. Read what folks on the boards say about him - I think they would all agree that he is a very honest and professional customizer who has sold to loads of guys on this forum and others WITHOUT complaint; or running off with anyones money. He always shows pictures of his works in progress and is open to suggestions for improvment. He is kind enough to let some of us who dont have loads of cash make payments for his more expensive projects and always stands by the stuff he makes. This has always been a very friendly and fair fourm, I feel that what you said was an uncalled for cheap hit below the belt, and not in the spirit of this forum. I for one would love to see his take on a 1/18 King Tiger.
Last edited by maritime96 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Apparently Norsican lacks the ability to search up previous posts that quite blatantly state that Mr. Matthew Higgins has an outstanding customer service and is a great outgoing member on this forum. I have never made a purchase from him yet I trust him.

Oh, and welcome to the forum

snake

Post by snake » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Norsican wrote:
Cyber bulling . Are you kidding me ?

Rare and gifted are you kidding me ? His last products were made by a 3D printer.

Please God, know what you are talking about before you say such things.

Are you for real ?
I would order one but I'm not confident this relationship would work, you don't seem to handle to opinions of others very well. Besides, if my payment arrived late, I'd hate to have the cops called on me.

Welcome to the forum, Noriscan.

You obviously have some sort of agenda.

Don't know who you are, and couldn't care less.

Where is the" ignore posts" from this new member.? :roll:

Mods should take a look at this.

BTW, feel free to pm me, Noriscan.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I for one do not throw out the welcome mat for Norsican. For a newbie, who we never heard of to get nasty with a respected and well liked member of this board is downright silly. I perdict Norsican is not long for this board. He will slink back to wherever he came from, where his "flame boots" style of introducing himself is appreciated, it is sure not on this board.

Ditto on Snake. There is an agenda here, that we are unaware of........ and at this point, we just don't care what Norsican's problem with Pickel is. That is not a subject for the entire board. We stick with whatever Pickel says. We know Pickel.

I have bought from Pickel and sold to Pickel and his customs are first rate. He has my vote as a gentleman and a talented craftsman and his talent is only exceeded by his good looks. 8) .

TTT
Last edited by Threetoughtrucks on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:00 am

You guys are right, my post was unfair. Again, my apoloogies and hopefully no hard feelings.

Chernobyl18
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Chernobyl18 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:04 am

$400? Noooo!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 am

"flame boots" is that like walkin' on thin ice with yer heels on fire? :lol:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:35 am

Exactly. :roll:

TTT

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 pm

$300-$400 is fair.The T-34 sold well at $300.It is a full kit,which means there is no need to get parts from another tank to build it.There is more resin involve.Not to mention more wheels and track links that have to be made which translate in to more time spend making it.
There is not a price set yet,but my sugestion is that if the tank has all the opening (crew,engine,rear escape and used shell expulsion) hatches and a engine,pherhaps it is worth the $350-$400.
However if it has less detail like only basic crew hatches hatch no engine and no engine hatch,than that will be less time for pickle and more economic to make.
I guess the price factor depends a lot on the detail that the tank will have.I personally prefer more detailed for a few box more.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 pm

You want all hatches working plus an engine? :lol:

And all that for under $400?

How about a complete interior? Why not as long as we are not being toooo unreasonable. :roll:

TTT

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:21 pm

The more ,the better.Pickel can make anything.Who needs a 3d printer when we got Pickelhaube. :D