Pirated 21CT...that many?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Pirated 21CT...that many?

Post by c44 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Wait a minute...how many of these things are actually flooding the market...and how do we know what's real any more...sheesh!
http://www.allgotoys.com/category/news-blog/
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Pirated 21CT...that many?

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:11 pm

How in the hell do we try to boycott stuff when the knock offs are the ONLY things appearing on the market! Am I right?????
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:23 pm

I think they're referring to JSI.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, "don't buy these chinese knockoffs....buy our 1/18th planes instead..........................oh wait" :roll: .
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 pm

Seems like All Go is saying "Don't purchase these models from Chinese Pirates that are stealing our non-existent business".

I hope TKO can shed some more light on what is going on behing All-Go's doors...

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:14 pm

[quote="B17Fortress"]Seems like All Go is saying "Don't purchase these models from Chinese Pirates that are stealing our non-existent business".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:33 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:How in the hell do we try to boycott stuff when the knock offs are the ONLY things appearing on the market! Am I right?????
I agree flyboy. If All-Go was selling something, then maybe I could see boycotting JSI.
Here's a business tip for All-go, produce something to sell and let the market decide!

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm

I like further down that page where they list about 9 different aircraft that they are "All new 1:18 scale aircraft being considered for 2012" - Not one mention of the King Tiger :( - I think All Go sould spend less time informing us that their stuff is being pirated and a little less time "considering" things; while spending some more time actually making something to buy. The stuff being considered quote just reeks of the same old 21st century B.S. - You know that tired line "Wow Guys look at this cool vehicle mock up ... It's in the pipe line .... but just so you know we will probably never make it"
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:41 pm

We are getting (hopefully) the first re-releases of 1:32 P-51C and FW-190 in August from AllGo. Then possible further "in the pipeline" 1:32 releases with naked girl nose art and some German ace aircraft etc.
http://www.allgotoys.com/news-blog/in-the-pipe-line/

Baby planes, baby steps, but it's a start nonetheless.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

zodiacflash
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zodiacflash » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, on the All-Go website, I did look over the knock-off of George Lavin's F-104. Subtle differences in the paint, and it had more rivets than the original 21C 104's. Can't say about the others. I'm deciding not to order JSI's Luftwaffe 104 partly because of this whole licensing thing, but mostly because after thinking about it, nothing beats the feeling of successfully completing a custom on your own. But on the other hand, I'm with you guys, too. All-Go needs to start crankin something good out if this is such an issue. I've heard "in the pipeline" before... from 21C. Time will tell.
Last edited by zodiacflash on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

maritime96 wrote:I like further down that page where they list about 9 different aircraft that they are "All new 1:18 scale aircraft being considered for 2012"

Yea I thought that little bit was funny.
Thats a big list for a company that has produced nothing....
FW-190A!! Yea right....
That would be awesome- but you would have to be smokin even better stuff than what I smoke to believe that.... :wink:

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:52 am

Jnewboy wrote:
maritime96 wrote:I like further down that page where they list about 9 different aircraft that they are "All new 1:18 scale aircraft being considered for 2012"

Yea I thought that little bit was funny.
Thats a big list for a company that has produced nothing....
FW-190A!! Yea right....
That would be awesome- but you would have to be smokin even better stuff than what I smoke to believe that.... :wink:

The 9 different aircraft are 1:32 scale, since they already have those molds.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 am

Holy crap, 8 planes and the 88 pirated...stolen. I wish AllGo could slip in under the cover of darkness, retrieve their molds and bring them home. 8) As long as any company does business with china, they run the risk ripped off as does the consumer.
I'd pay more if it were made here! I won't buy from jsi.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 am

AllGo has inherited 21st Century’s ability to talk a lot and produce nothing. Right now all they are good for is stirring up controversy and decreasing consumer confidence in this type of collectable. I know the Chinese are known for doing stuff like this but they chose to do business with them. Like Normandy I would pay more just for a made in the USA label! I know that wouldn’t be practical for the company’s overhead though.

I’m not sure who to believe here. JSI had been selling their planes through a few major online retailers and this is the first I’ve heard about those planes being illegally reproduced. Why are we just now learning of this? Same old 21C crap if you ask me. Reminds me of the Phantom.

At this point they should focus on getting something to market. I’ll buy whatever I feel I would like to add to my collection as long as it comes from one of my trusted online retailers. I will not be buying from Chinese sellers on eBay since those items are not coming from a seller here in the states.

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 am

Same old 21C crap if you ask me.
Yep.
Last edited by Norsican on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 am

it makes it hard on etailers since they are being told if they sell JSI stuff they are out on any new releases
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 am

This coming from the same guys that talk but don't put out? :lol:

What the hell happened to the A-10?

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 am

So let's see...

21st gets in a bind, doesn't pay its bills and the Chinese manufacturers seize their molds and unshipped stock. Sucks, but I can't feel sorry for them.

21st becomes AllGo, promises big things, and produces nothing, for reasons never clearly explained but certainly money related. That sucks more, but I don't feel sorry for them.

AllGo (21st) loses its collective lunch because its former creditors are now producing and selling its old products using the aforementioned seized molds, yet AllGo STILL has not produced anything itself. Sounds like it sucks to be AllGo, and I won't feel sorry for them.
If they have legal beef with their former manufacturers, they might want to take the matter up with their former manufacturers. Threatening anyone else is lame, and doing so ensures that I will never give a flying poop about AllGo/21st Century ever again.

But I'm cranky like that.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am

SO where is my Jagdpanther?????????
--Samuel Beckett

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

flyboy_fx wrote:SO where is my Jagdpanther?????????

Oh, nobody thinks armor will sell........ :? ..................... :evil:

digger

Post by digger » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Not disagreeing with anyone but all I know is once 21C went under, so did our hobby. There is no debating that.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 pm

We are modelers, we just change scales! It is a challenge to find em now! lol
--Samuel Beckett

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Grilledcheese wrote:So let's see...

21st gets in a bind, doesn't pay its bills and the Chinese manufacturers seize their molds and unshipped stock. Sucks, but I can't feel sorry for them.

21st becomes AllGo, promises big things, and produces nothing, for reasons never clearly explained but certainly money related. That sucks more, but I don't feel sorry for them.

AllGo (21st) loses its collective lunch because its former creditors are now producing and selling its old products using the aforementioned seized molds, yet AllGo STILL has not produced anything itself. Sounds like it sucks to be AllGo, and I won't feel sorry for them.
If they have legal beef with their former manufacturers, they might want to take the matter up with their former manufacturers. Threatening anyone else is lame, and doing so ensures that I will never give a flying poop about AllGo/21st Century ever again.
Bingo, we have a winner!

C00per
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C00per » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Too bad we don´t have official representatives from all involved parties here at the forum. Would be an interesting thread to read :wink:

For me, I do not know who to believe and what to buy anymore which is a shame considering the few "new" items available at the moment. And it makes me kind of angry that you don´t hear anything from AG from quite some time but now their only noticeable activity is to call us for support of their cause. I don´t get it and I hope they prove me wrong by producing anything soon. I guess that would be the greatest support for themselves......

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 pm

I have said this before and I don't understand it, but Heng long sells RC tanks at around the hundred dollar mark, usually alot cheaper ( pick your vendor ) of course they are 1/16 scale, but why not market them in a static market?, no electronics, they could even make the tracks rubber like 21st stuff.

I'm thinking a $50.00-$70.00 dollar model, I don't know exactly, is there no market? I know that there are tons of 1/16 accessories for tanks, so it seems it would be a win for everyone, anybody got a inside line?