Two good deals on Ebay - who else has done well recently?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Two good deals on Ebay - who else has done well recently?

Post by Buckyroo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 pm

I had been watching the Franklin Mint 1/16 WWII jeep for some time and finally was able to get one on the cheap. Then I really wasn't planning on getting a 1/18 Sherman, but I couldn't pass this one up. I didn't even know what release it was until I got it and looked it up. Thought I would post these. Let's see some others even if it was not gotten from Ebay. My intent is not to boast, but to inspire everyone to keep looking until you are happy enough to pull the trigger and get something for what you feel is a good deal. Let's all remember that a good deal is in the eye of the buyer - so don't go blasting anyone for paying $$$$ for that one hard to find item that they really wanted.

1/16 Franklin Mint Jeep - missing a mirror and one hood latch, but came with the canvas top and all the paperwork for $22.00 and $15.00 shipping.

Here is my new Sherman - it is the S1 release and came with two tankers (early release with the angled joints) and a Thompson (even though one tanker is missing an arm). The tank seems to have everything but the antena, the tracks are in good condition, and there doesn't seem to be any "battle damage". Best of all it wasn't on fire. This set me back a whole $13.00 with another $8.50 for shipping. I don't know that much about the shermans, but assume that the S1 release is kind of hard to come by. If anyone knows let me know.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Two good deals on Ebay - who else has done well recently

Post by B17Fortress » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Wow, you got some really good deals! So far, my best deal has been $34 for an olive drab M3 :roll:

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 pm

I bought the Sherman to get some of Pickles addons, but after getting it and seeing that it was an S1 in what appears to be pretty good condition, I am having second thoughts about doing too much to it.

YT
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by YT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Congratulations! Those are some great deals. I bought a couple of Sideshow GI Joe figures below MSRP and I thought I was doing good!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:13 pm

I got a 1/32 Flakpanzer kit NIB for $15 today, which is less than half normal price. I already have a Flakpanzer, but my idea is to mount the gun on an Opel Maultier and use the Pzkpfw IV body for another version, like a munitions carrier or something.

snake

Post by snake » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:11 am

Picked up GMP P-51 " Petie" for a great price a couple of weeks ago.

Easily the most desirable, and hardest to come by, GMP Mustang. These very rarely come available, and fetch top dollar when they do show up. Only 700 produced, and I haven't seen one for sale in over a year. And I do check frequently.

$179, Buy it Now. I snapped it up immediately. Saved at least $100, if not more. :D

It was used/ displayed, but looked to be in mint condition. And a used "Petie" would probably go for close to $300, they are that hard to come by.

Already have three others MIB, as I left them in box for maximum future sale value. But I can now display this one, with no worries about resale value.

Yes, I am a bit of a GMP hoarder. :lol:

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:40 am

snake wrote:Picked up GMP P-51 " Petie" for a great price a couple of weeks ago.

Easily the most desirable, and hardest to come by, GMP Mustang. These very rarely come available, and fetch top dollar when they do show up. Only 700 produced, and I haven't seen one for sale in over a year. And I do check frequently.

$179, Buy it Now. I snapped it up immediately. Saved at least $100, if not more. :D

It was used/ displayed, but looked to be in mint condition. And a used "Petie" would probably go for close to $300, they are that hard to come by.

Already have three others MIB, as I left them in box for maximum future sale value. But I can now display this one, with no worries about resale value.

Yes, I am a bit of a GMP hoarder. :lol:

The GMP planes are very nice. I have stuck to the 1/18 scale, but if I were to shift over to another scale the GMPs would most likely have the stongest pull. I didn't even know they made a Petie. That was a good find.

margerisons
Corporal
Corporal

Post by margerisons » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Well since I'm in Canada I rely on eBay for Bravo Team.

One I recently got was $22 for the Tiger and awhile ago I got the woodland Bradley for $12

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03 am

margerisons wrote:Well since I'm in Canada I rely on eBay for Bravo Team.

One I recently got was $22 for the Tiger and awhile ago I got the woodland Bradley for $12

Those were nice deals!

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:36 pm

I got a misspelled 21st Sherman on ebay for $44 shipped and the 1/18 Dragon US paras for $46 shipped. Did I do okay?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett