Skyworks....important information

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Skyworks....important information

Post by norman888 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 am

I'll just say that I think it is wrong to post someones place of employment and address on a public board with the intent to bring "harm" to them.

Where are the torches and pitchforks for 21st who did not pay their bills and basically just shut down the shop. When they decided to reopen as All-Go where was the outrage? If Jack would have filed chapter 7/11 the results would have been the same to those owed money/goods...EXCEPT for PH who did lose a "few hundred dollars" worth of goods.....where are these "people owed thousands of dollars???"

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:19 am

First, dog in the hunt or not, what is it to anyone but Jack from Skyworks? I'll be quiet when I'm ready to... I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'm speaking for everyone else. I've been here quite a while and have my opinions, and my opinion is that if even ONE person was screwed over by Skyworks, then it's total BS.

The boards are intended for people to help one another, be friendly... When one guy gets d!cked over on here, everyone does, so I think even if you don't "have a dog in the hunt", you're entitled to your opinion.

I don't know who or how many people lost out. I just think that if it's true, he certainly lost a lot of respect in my eyes.

As far as 21st Century... Last I looked they didn't screw people on this board directly, so it's a less valid argument to me. Though I do think they weren't always cooperative with the etailers here, and at that I think 21st sort of sucked too. I owe them nothing either, just like Skyworks.

Frankly I'm amazed this many people are defending a guy who may have ran off with some of our members' money.

I don't know Skyworks to say they're horrible or not... I'm just saying, if the possibility is there that this happened, that really sucks, and it's a shame it happened here. No outlandish claims, but the people who've been around here have a right to express a disappointment in the situation. That's why I like seeing guys like Pickelhaube keep everyone updated on what they're doing with photos and stuff, so there's trust built, and you buy when the items are ready to roll.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:37 am

This thread is getting quite heated at the moment... let's keep in mind that he searched and found my personal number, called me up at one time, and threatened to sue me as board admin because someone was basically warning the other members on this board about his ongoing horrible experience with Jack. I think that type of bullying says a lot about the character of someone. I wouldn't take that type of talk and shoved it back at him, but it's still the act of calling me up and threatening me. Pretty much the only reason I didn't just ban him at the time of the call was because several people had long drawn out dealings with him and that would cause a lot of issues with them completing their orders.

I can say that there's more than just 'one' person who was burned by this turn of events. While you all might not see them jumping into this thread with pitchforks, there's several people I know of who have been affected in this whole mess, and this spans to other message boards as well that have done dealings with Jack and are now burned.

Putting any bias aside from the threatening call, I agree with those who have stated that this board should be a place to warn people about bad dealings. That's what a place like this is for. When someone turns out to be a rotten apple, then people should know. In some cases, people might be too afraid to come forward to tell people about bad experiences they had for one reason or another, but this type of thread opens up a new avenue to do so where they feel a bit more comfortable talking about it.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Greetings:

As I have stated in previous posts, I had more than a fair share of difficulties dealing with Skyworks.

When I first started talking to Jack about doing a Thunderbirds F-16, things seemed really good. Even as work was progressing, things seemed to be going well and he sent me photos of the work as it was progressing. The F-16 I had sent him to be painted had been missing its pitot tube, he made a new one for it. Things seemed to be decent.

It started to go wrong around the completion of the project. He sent me photos of the plane and there were some issues with the paint. He told me he would correct them and also chrome the nozzle. He also told me the entire jet would be clear coated to seal the decals. Again I thought all would be fine.

He sent me an email the day he shipped it stating it was shipped but then also stating there were areas on the plane that would need correction due to overspray. He said I should have "fun" doing this. This irritated me as I expected a finished product from him not something I would have to touchup. Upon recepit of the plane, I found most of the decals lifting up and not sticking, bad blue overspray on the wing pieces and the exhaust had not been chromed as promised nor had clear coat been applied as promised. Given it was my first custom and I may have misunderstood, I gritted my teeth and left it go. I did mention to Jack the tail looked yellow and it was due to the fact he clear coated that but did not clear coat the rest of the plane. He offered to redo the tail if I sent it back to him, free of charge. Which I did and he apparently repainted the tail.

This is where things went horribly wrong. The tail got lost in the mail upon return to me. Now this may be the fault of USPS, but a good business person makes good on this issue and tries to locate the item. I did on my end and spent several stop-ins at the post office as the postmaster tried to help me find the package, to no avail. He did nothing to help me, wouldn't offer anything in compenstation and actually suggested I drive around the state of PA to look for the package. Due to his non-help, my F-16 sat without a tail for months until Pickel made a replacement and I managed to get Jack to paint it.

Being the nice person I am I gave Jack a second chance and he repainted an F-14 for me. This was the second F-14 I had after the first one was such a disaster I had to gut it up and sell it as a parts plane. Given the nature of the F-14 problems JSI had, I specifically asked Jack to check the landing gear on the plane and the parts to make sure everything was fine. He assured me he did only when the plane came it was missing a part of the landing gear and the one tail was a paint goof by JSI and painted the wrong way. Only the fact I saved the landing gear parts from the first F-14 and the fact another board member who was doing a repaint volunteered to swap a good tail for the paint goofed tail saved the F-14. Jack did apologize but I found it odd he claimed to check the parts then did not.

Given my love for the Hurricane I ordered a Hurricane from him over 2 years ago (I checked it was late 2009) and sent an advance of $100 to him. For six months I heard nothing then I got a PM saying they were starting it. More time went by until in December I got an email stating it was ready to finish production. I asked to see a photo of the progress and was told the plane still needed to be assembled and painted. I don't know how long this takes...but...I don't consider that ready to ship.

Those were my dealings. Lots of frustration and disappointment.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 pm

norman888 wrote:I'll just say that I think it is wrong to post someones place of employment and address on a public board with the intent to bring "harm" to them.
FWIW I don't believe this was done to bring "harm". I believe it was done to provide the info needed to pass on to the LE folks to start legal action, if one where to so choose.

Just sayin'
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:45 am

chunks wrote:
norman888 wrote:I'll just say that I think it is wrong to post someones place of employment and address on a public board with the intent to bring "harm" to them.
FWIW I don't believe this was done to bring "harm". I believe it was done to provide the info needed to pass on to the LE folks to start legal action, if one where to so choose.

Just sayin'
If there's really a crime commited beyond doubt, then the means are justified. Any leads given might be helpful to the victim/s, it may even persuade the accused to make good before the situation gets out of hand any further.

The Jerry Napier case is a good example of forum board members helping each other out to catch a criminal

Corey, so you're out $100 from 2009 and need to contact Paypal to get your refund or have you received the Hurricane?
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:18 am

Gouchy:

I did not get my Hurricane and am out the $100. The last thing I heard from them about the Hurricane was that it was almost complete yet needed to be painted and put together, which didn't make much sense. I consider almost complete to be final touches, decals, etc.

The problem is I paid the $100 so long ago Paypal won't refund my money. This was my biggest concern through every transaction, if something went wrong given him time to complete stuff, you wouldn't be able to recover your $$$ because it is past Paypal's timeframe. I suspect this is what a lot of people might be going through because I got the impression through all communications with him that he was way behind on projects.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Thats real tough Corey

Whats for sure is that you're really a nice guy, couple of bad experiences with him and you're still willling to give him another chance. I think you'll have a very slim chance of getting your money back, but do hope that you'll eventually do

Maybe the alarm bells should have gone off when after 2 years and still no hurricane done for you, and all the while Skyworks were doing repaints, pilot figures, landing gears, nozzles and even taking on the A-10.

These kind of incidents should be posted on the boards, to warn others of what they might be getting into, could save someone some grief. I have read from forums of a few dealers that best be treaded with caution dealing with, which I am grateful for the warning.
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Wasn't going to add to the ongoing discussions, but wanted to share my dealings with Jack & Company...
First off, since I am totally unskilled when it comes to modeling, I sent my original JSI F14 to Jack to have the spots removed & to add Jack's "first generation" metal landing gear (actually a metal rod to replace JSI's original plastic one). The price was reasonable, $50 for the touch up & I forget what the gear cost, plus shipping - Excellent results!
My second experience was with my lighted JSI F14 - I had Jack repaint this in the "Grim Reapers" scheme plus added his second generation metal gear which is, by the way, a huge improvement over his first generation - For those of you that have never seen it, you would be impressed. Anyway, the repaint was really expensive, but it was what it was, and he really did an excellent job - It is truly the center piece of my extensive 1/18th collection. I did have Zach redo the tails with his vinyl stencils versus Jack's decals, although the decals looked fine...
I am in no way defending Jack here, I really believe he was his own worst enemy & should have never been dealing directly with the "public"...I think he realized that & I assumed that why Tom was brought in.
Someone said this earlier, but I agree that Jack was a very talented individual, very skillful at modeling, but totally devoid of interpersonal skills.
With what I've read from Corey and others, I'm just glad I didn't get burned! At one time i was considering having Jack repaint one of my BBI F18's in the Blue Angels scheme - I think it was going to run around $500-$600, but I decided not to pursue it.
Good luck to those of you trying to get your just due...I hate that happened to any of the members, and I agree that the beauty of this forum is for us to be able to share our likes & dislikes, and when one of us gets screwed, the rest "rally" around them as best we can, even if it is just to say we care & that we support your efforts!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 pm

456THBG wrote: I am in no way defending Jack here, I really believe he was his own worst enemy & should have never been dealing directly with the "public"...I think he realized that & I assumed that why Tom was brought in. Someone said this earlier, but I agree that Jack was a very talented individual, very skillful at modeling, but totally devoid of interpersonal skills.
That about sums it up. Maybe Tom is the right place to go in this situation as well. He may be able to bridge the gap and give both those with outstanding issues, and Jack a path out of this mess so everyone can move on.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:25 pm

i don't care if he has the interpersonal skills of a doorstop, that is no justification for running off with people's money and thinking he can get away with it. And he screwed over Tom too, so i don't think that is a good avenue to pursue.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:51 pm

aferguson wrote:i don't care if he has the interpersonal skills of a doorstop, that is no justification for running off with people's money and thinking he can get away with it. And he screwed over Tom too, so i don't think that is a good avenue to pursue.
Darn, should have said IMO, he has no interpersonal skills - Should have
known someone would jump on that if I left the door open - Great comeback aferg! And a doorstop as well? Brilliant!

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Any updates on this yay-hoo?

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 pm

As far as Jack Plonka, even though the 45-day window is passed for many of you here, their suggestion was thet if you used a Credit Card for your PayPal payment, you can still contact your credit card company and they will go after Mr. Plonka, (I use the Mr. lightly in this case.)
Hope you can get your just rewards and bury this puke.
JOC

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 am

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 am

That is him,,
I befriended him on facebook, before he deleted me a while back.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

snake

Post by snake » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:19 pm

"page unavailable" for me.

Would be nice to see a picture of the infamous Jack. :wink:

Tiggerchan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tiggerchan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Anyone in the US are grouping together to get a lawyer to sue Jack for non-delivery and ripping off our money?

I am from Singapore so I would appreciate if anyone has formed a group to engage a lawer to sue him to recover back my money or plane or what are my rights and what I can do to recover my money from Jack.

I had been ripped off as I had paid him $585 for an F-14 Tomcat after reading good reviews from people who had said tha his works were good. Unfortunately, I didn't come across info of him ripping people off in the early stages. Otherwise, I would never have ordered from him. To those who think that it's all cyber bullying....I am a REAL Genuine victim here with little recourse. My order was since March 2011.

> plane $220
> repainting $200 ($100 - part of which was originally quoted for removing the spots)
> metal gear $70
> pilots $60 ( 2 Pilots - One with half opened visor, One with Closed Visor)

> Sub-Tot $550

> shipping $35
> Total $585
>

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Decided to cut this loose from being a sticky, since there haven't been
any posts in it for over a month and a half. It's still around if anyone needs to find it.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm

aferguson wrote:Decided to cut this loose from being a sticky, since there haven't been
any posts in it for over a month and a half. It's still around if anyone needs to find it.

Maybe it is just as well.

A lot of guys got burned by this guy and have no restitution.

Has anybody been able to get their money back ?

I wonder if this bothers him or he could just care less.

If only some of his victims would have listen to my ramblings.

Maybe some of them would not have been burnt so bad.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi All
Any news if ALLGO got their A-10 back ????????
Dana :blueangel: :p51: :blueangel: :p51: :blueangel: :p51: :blueangel: :p51:

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:47 pm

For what it's worth guys, I have a family member at Chrysler, higher up the food chain than Jack, so who knows what could or could not happen in the future. A few words dropped here, a few dropped there, who knows!
JOC