FOV M1 AND M2 at Target

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

FOV M1 AND M2 at Target

Post by grockwood » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Did Target clearence out the 1/18 FOV M1 and M2 ? I hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and noticed this weekend there not there anymore.

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: FOV M1 AND M2 at Target

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I haven't seen any for several months in my theater of operations.

cuatroboca
Corporal
Corporal

Post by cuatroboca » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 am

it is because they killed osama bin laden so at the target near my house since they anounced his death they have been sold out of bravo team figures and vehicles except the crudy 1/72 scale stuff

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am

I've seen the occasional M1 (always the desert scheme), but distribution has been spotty and those that are there now have been there a while. It looks as though some of the Army & USMC figures are being restocked. I'd love to see the Special Ops figures make a re-appearance, but I have my doubts...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:02 am

maybe this burst in sales will stimulate Unimax to get off their hinnies and make some more 1/18 armour. Everyone seems to like it and they seem to be selling well, for the most part. The Tiger especially so.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

margerisons
Corporal
Corporal

Post by margerisons » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 pm

What's their tiger like, any reason to get it over a JSI one or would?

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 pm

margerisons wrote:What's their tiger like, any reason to get it over a JSI one or would?
It has fewer moving parts or glued on parts, thus if you have younger "enthusiasts" around it is much more likely to stand up to wear and tear. The box it sits in is easy in, easy out. So more toy like, but for the price point well worth getting one to diversify your armor collection.

And I've been waiting for the FOV modern armor to go on sale ... nothing. We did have a restock recently of the modern figures, but no navy seals ... just marines and army. In fact, I picked up a Marine Capt. E.J.Hilts today.

I like that the FOV figures come with accessories like MREs, bolt cutters, gas cans, and mine sweepers. It is far easier to give them weapons from others like M.Inc. or to have them focus on the vehicles.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 pm

margerisons wrote:What's their tiger like, any reason to get it over a JSI one or would?
These are two interesting vehicles to compare... I'd say you can have both in a collection without duplicating.

Overall, the Unimax Bravo Team Tiger is actually the more accurate tooling between the two 1:18 tanks. It represents a mid production Tiger I with zimmermit. It is in the markings of a tank from the 2nd SS Panzer division (if I remember my divisional markings correctly...) As for features: rolling tracks (the treads even have a little sag to them); rotating turret with elevating main gun, rotating bow machine gun; opening commander's hatch; opening loader's hatch. That's it. The tools are moulded on, as are all other hatches. The engine grills are moulded as well. The tow cables are seperate pieces. There are no spare track links on the turret sides or hull, nor the extra tow cables on the side of the hull. In many ways, its more of a toy, but an accurate-looking toy. Actually, the 1:32 scale FOV Tiger on which the 1:18 version is based has more detail... There is only the one version of the Unimax Bravo Team Tiger in the brown and tan cammo, though on the box they show two...

The 21c/JSI Tiger I is more of a mish-mash of early and late Tiger I features and is less accurate in tooling. Overall, it is supposed to be a late-production Tiger I, but has features found on early Tiger models, like the smoke canisters and some other odds and ends. What the 21c/JSI Tiger does have going for it is tons of detail: Every hatch opens, engine and radiators open, tools and tow cables are all seperate pieces that can be removed. The turret comes off to reveal a detailed interior with 88mm gun, ammo rounds, crew seats, machine gun, jerry cans, and haversacks. The tracks roll, turret rotates, and guns elevate. The 21c versions of the tank came with crew figures and a machine gun for the commander's cuppola. (The JSI tank comes without a figure or the cuppola machine gun.) 21c has a couple diecast versions of their Tiger and several paint schemes available in plastic that you can track down. There is only the one JSI version. I really like the cammo scheme & subtle weathering on the JSI version, though it lacks turret numbering and German national insignia (which can be applied as aftermarket decals).

Whew! That was a lot of typing - hope this helps clarify :D

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Does anyone have a JSI tiger they could post some pictures of?, I would like to see some of the details, thanks.

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Wow, Tman covered that very well. :wink:
I'd just add that the FOV Tiger I will run you $ 45.00 and the 21st - JSI $70.00. I have both and like them for their differences.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm

actually smalljoes has the Bravo Team ones for $36.

I have both as well...i think the bravo team is my favourite, just because of the zimmerit.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:28 pm

ram04 wrote:Does anyone have a JSI tiger they could post some pictures of?, I would like to see some of the details, thanks.

Top: JSI, Bottom: FoV

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:05 am

grockwood wrote:Did Target clearence out the 1/18 FOV M1 and M2 ? I hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and noticed this weekend there not there anymore.

They've been popping up in Overland Park this week, but only in desert tan.
[url=http://www.fighting118th.com]Fighting118th:[/url] Joe Deserves Better!

Wrights Collectables
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Wrights Collectables » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:05 am

If your having trouble finding any of the Bravo Team range, we carry it and offer it to the USA. Obviously, P+P might be slightly more than your used to as its dispatched from the UK.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wrights-Collec ... 34.c0.m322

We are expanding the range of armor we carry, having previously concentrated on the figures. We have the Desert Tan M1 "Abrams" and the M3 "Bradley", although the M1 weighs a ton and I didn't think it worth offering to the USA. However, if your desperate I can give you a guesstimate.

It's a really good range, shame they never released the "SWAT" team figures... :(

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:49 am

I wish target still had some WW2 stuff

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 pm

One of my local Targets still had a single M1 and M2 in the desert cammo as of today. They also had a lone Delta Force figure. Given that those are very hard to find, I picked that up. I don't check this store as often as I should and they had done a reset. The last time I was there, they had some of the Seal figures in the dive gear, but those were gone now. Its likely the figure was just old stock, though I hate to think about what I possibly missed...

margerisons
Corporal
Corporal

Post by margerisons » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Thank for the info guys, FoV Tiger seems to holds it's own compared to the JSI one especially with the price difference.