SUPER DEAL!!!!- FOV U.S. figs !!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
YT
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: SUPER DEAL!!!!- FOV U.S. figs !!

Post by YT » Sat May 14, 2011 9:47 am

This is a total RIP OFF!!! My first order arrived today, it was ONE German soldier. I was supposed to receive 6 US FIGURES! I was actually hoping for Germans, but one instead of 6 is UNACCEPTABLE. This vendor is obviously incompetent!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat May 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Same thing just happened here. I got my first order today that was supposed to be 2 sets of 6 US figures. Instead I got 2 US figures. I also bought 1 set of German figures that haven’t come yet. I bet it will be the same way. No customer service on the weekends. Lucky for them I can chill out a bit between now and then. It clearly said on the website it was a set of 6 figures. Someone has their head up their @$$. I even called before I purchased to make sure that it would be right. LOL!

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:00 pm

GUYS:

I'm glad I didn't order the figures. If the merchant won't correct the mistake of sending one figure instead of the advertised six, I suggest you contact Amazon customer support at (800) 201-7575.
I've had pretty good results with Amazon customer support, but my problems were with merchandise I purchased directly from Amazon and not one of their merchants.
Also, I suggest you do a Print Screen for evidence that the merchant advertised for six figures but only sent one.
Good luck.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat May 14, 2011 5:12 pm

It’s not the end of the world. They will refund the money or fix the mistake. I’m not concerned about that. I paid with a credit card. I just think it’s funny that it plainly says set of 6 and some schmuck sends out singe figures. I did however get 2 US figures! :)

I just had an order from Rock Auto for a fuel pump that fits my 54 Chevy go south as well. They sent me a water pump for a 2005 Chevy. Funny thing was that it plainly said FUEL PUMP on the packaging slip attached to the WATER PUMP box! :evil:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat May 14, 2011 5:25 pm

I ordered 2 sets of 6 US soldiers. My order came today. TWO US soldiers in a brown envelope.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

It should have been clear to all right from the beginning that such a low price represented a mistake that likely would not have been honored. The vendor should have just canceled the orders rather than sending everyone random sh*t thinking that would somehow fly - clearly an inexperienced e-tailer if they thought they were getting away with that.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 pm

coreystinson wrote:It should have been clear to all right from the beginning that such a low price represented a mistake that likely would not have been honored.

I don’t think that’s right. There have been many good deals in the past especially when companies clearance things. Years back when 21C dissolved one etailer was heavily discounting items. I have gotten many great deals and never thought twice about them.

YT

Post by YT » Sat May 14, 2011 6:17 pm

coreystinson wrote:It should have been clear to all right from the beginning that such a low price represented a mistake that likely would not be honored.
I disagree, the fact that people are receiving Germans and GI's shows that there is a lot more carelessness involved than a typo.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:06 pm

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat May 14, 2011 7:13 pm

dragon53 wrote:The six figures are now $39.99. :roll:

http://www.amazon.com/18th-Scale-Bravo- ... roduct_top
Or do they mean $39.99 for one soldier... :roll:

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:19 pm

I hope you guys did a Print Screen of the original price when I suggested it.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:43 pm

holensock wrote:I ordered 2 sets of 6 US soldiers. My order came today. TWO US soldiers in a brown envelope.
I got the same thing today.
What utter crap!
I hate when someone thinks they can do a bait and switch and think they can get away with it! This dude is going to get some major harsh feedback and a return of my money! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 pm

I left a message for this seller to let him know I EXPECT 10 more soldiers to be heading my way. I will let you guys know what he responds.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat May 14, 2011 10:42 pm

I was going to jump on this earlier but I didn't want to piss anyone off or be wrong but it looks like it has happened again. A few months back it was the same story, I saw the price and bought 4 sets with my paypal. low and behold the 4 soldiers came. I immediately started a case on paypal and within a few days all the money was returned and they said I could keep the soldiers....

So when I saw this I ordered them agian. Sure, why not, I like free stuff.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sun May 15, 2011 4:38 am

My order has not arrived yet, but now I've got a sick feeling in my stomach that I am going to get ripped off as well.

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 am

Funny how he didn't catch on when waves of orders were pouring in when he dropped the price. Also funny that it didn't say anything about 1 random figure in the listing ..If it truly was for just 1 figure you never got the option to choose which one you wanted.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun May 15, 2011 9:14 am

I received my first order and they arrived, well packed and in the original packing. They were the correct U.S. soldiers. I think they look pretty good, I'm looking for infantry guys to be passengers in my jeeps, trucks, halftracks and scout car. Good looking for the price.

I'm waiting for the second cheap set. I will let you guys know.

So far, so good.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:35 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:I received my first order and they arrived, well packed and in the original packing. They were the correct U.S. soldiers. I think they look pretty good, I'm looking for infantry guys to be passengers in my jeeps, trucks, halftracks and scout car. Good looking for the price.

I'm waiting for the second cheap set. I will let you guys know.

So far, so good.

TTT
TTT,
So you got SIX soldiers?
Razor

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:02 pm

TTT ordered that set at full price Razor so I'm assuming that's why he was sent 6.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:31 pm

trigger1 wrote:TTT ordered that set at full price Razor so I'm assuming that's why he was sent 6.
Well that makes sense, but there was no change in the description or qty between the 7.01 and 39.99 price.
Thanks,
Razor

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon May 16, 2011 7:49 am

Well I just got off the phone with Best Service Stores and they were quite well aware of the problem. When I called they asked what my order number was and she put me on hold for quite some time. After that she came back and said that they were aware of the problem. She said they were unable to ship the remaining items due to low stock. :roll: I knew that was BS but kept it in till she was done. She then said that they were going to refund my payment and let me keep the two figures. Since I knew there was no way in heck they were going to send me them I just said that would be fine. I love free stuff! :D

Then I moved on to my order for the Germans. They claimed that that order was different because it didn’t specify that there would be only one figure. :? I said that it didn’t say there would be only one either and it clearly says German soldiers not soldier. In the end if I want to fight that one I will need to return it.

So in essence they screwed up, caught it in time and only sent out one or two figures to appease the purchasers. They will issue a full refund letting you keep what you have if it’s the Americans. If you bought the Germans you're out of luck! Since I did receive the U.S. soldiers I didn’t even mention the fact that some people were receiving the wrong guys altogether. If you need to contact them call the number on the invoice. It should be the one I’m posting below. It would be interesting to hear what they tell everyone else so give us an update if you can.
-Kevin

1-866-812-8262

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon May 16, 2011 9:22 am

toyktdlgh wrote: I don’t think that’s right. There have been many good deals in the past especially when companies clearance things. Years back when 21C dissolved one etailer was heavily discounting items. I have gotten many great deals and never thought twice about them.
The difference in that case is that more was known because we had all established pretty well early on that Monkey Depot was liquidating 21st Century's AZ warehouse. P.S. despite Monkey Depot's lies on the subject and other people on this board telling me I was wrong, I later confirmed with an ex-21st Century employee that this is what occurred.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:38 am

toyktdlgh wrote:Well I just got off the phone with Best Service Stores and they were quite well aware of the problem. When I called they asked what my order number was and she put me on hold for quite some time. After that she came back and said that they were aware of the problem. She said they were unable to ship the remaining items due to low stock. :roll: I knew that was BS but kept it in till she was done. She then said that they were going to refund my payment and let me keep the two figures. Since I knew there was no way in heck they were going to send me them I just said that would be fine. I love free stuff! :D

Then I moved on to my order for the Germans. They claimed that that order was different because it didn’t specify that there would be only one figure. :? I said that it didn’t say there would be only one either and it clearly says German soldiers not soldier. In the end if I want to fight that one I will need to return it.

So in essence they screwed up, caught it in time and only sent out one or two figures to appease the purchasers. They will issue a full refund letting you keep what you have if it’s the Americans. If you bought the Germans you're out of luck! Since I did receive the U.S. soldiers I didn’t even mention the fact that some people were receiving the wrong guys altogether. If you need to contact them call the number on the invoice. It should be the one I’m posting below. It would be interesting to hear what they tell everyone else so give us an update if you can.
-Kevin

1-866-812-8262
Toyktdlgh,
Thanks for the intel on this. I just got off the phone with them. We here must not be the only people that purchased this, as she told me there have been many people calling about this problem. She said it was listing error. She told me to keep what the two soldiers I received and a full refund will be issued.
Razor

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon May 16, 2011 10:09 am

Glad it's working out.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Same thing happened with me, same phone call, same result... We'll see then. I'll monitor my card really close for the next two weeks and make sure I got the return. If not, I'll argue it once more with them I guess. They seemed cool about it though.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!