Just caught the 21st Century last train outta the station

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Just caught the 21st Century last train outta the station

Post by Yoxford » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 am

If your sitting on the fence about that one plane...
Well better late than never...(as never is looking closer more and more )...just picked up the 1/18 aircraft I had always said "I'll get em later"....and must say I don't know why I waited so long...Just got a PERFECT 21st "Big Beautiful Doll", "Old Crow" "Lucybelle" Corsair, BBI Hellcat, and Sakai Zero....Thanks to Sally and Dave at Aiken's Airplanes for taking the time to look over the paint jobs and picking a good one from the litter!
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Just caught the 21st Century last train outta the statio

Post by pcoughran » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 am

Congratulations! I hear ya too! I still need 2 21st planes to complete the collection - unfortunately they are a Spitfire and P-47 bubbletop and they are both fetching extreme prices right now.
How do you like Sally's candy treats? It's a nice touch - they've always been my favorite etailer in terms of customer service. Smalljoes is another of my favorite.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:38 am

YOXFORD,

It looks you missed the Wonderful Wal-Mart clearance sales and the Magnificent Monkey Depot clearance sales.
I search old SSHQ posts and see what 1/18 models were cleared out for years ago ($15-$25) and now they're going for $100--$300 each. :roll:

ww2collecter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ww2collecter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:00 pm

pcoughran wrote:Congratulations! I hear ya too! I still need 2 21st planes to complete the collection - unfortunately they are a Spitfire and P-47 bubbletop and they are both fetching extreme prices right now.
How do you like Sally's candy treats? It's a nice touch - they've always been my favorite etailer in terms of customer service. Smalljoes is another of my favorite.

PM sent to ya