"Loose" BBI F-16 goes for $400.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
snake
Officer - Brigadier General

"Loose" BBI F-16 goes for $400.

Post by snake » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm

This auction ended today. A loose[ no box] BBI F-16 sold for $400. Quite a bit considering it has no box. The seller must be happy. BBI F-18 Golden Dragons [ no box] went for $255.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

YT

Re: "Loose" BBI F-16 goes for $400.

Post by YT » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 pm

No market for these at all... :roll:
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Someone wanted that bird badly. Looks like two were bidding against each other for awhile until two more jumped in at the last few moments. As YT said there might not be a market, but for someone who really wanted one, this is about the only way that it can be accomplished. Unfortunately, when someone wants something bad enough and gets into a bidding contest with another, they sometimes forget what their set limit was, and then begin to only see numbers as they type away. The shock hits them when they are the winner. But, alas, if that person wanted it bad enough to pay that price, I hope they enjoy it for many years to come.
As a side note, I picked up two F-18's (one Navy version and the other USMC version) and a F-16 (Wolfpack) from the same owner, no boxes, all had pilots ,ladders and all parts were in excellent shape for 475.00. I know some will say that was too much for them, but prices aren't what they used to be and I'm happy................
JOC

snake

Post by snake » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 pm

JOC wrote: As a side note, I picked up two F-18's (one Navy version and the other USMC version) and a F-16 (Wolfpack) from the same owner, no boxes, all had pilots ,ladders and all parts were in excellent shape for 475.00. I know some will say that was too much for them, but prices aren't what they used to be and I'm happy................
JOC
Excellent point, JOC.

These models are worth what you are willing to pay.As long as you have an 'informed" bid . $475 seems like quite a bit, but recent history shows that these get "Big Bucks". And you got a pretty good deal, as long as you display them. :wink:

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:04 pm

May be tough to swallow for some of us considering we were able to get them @ $50 a piece NIB back then. :lol:

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:13 pm

YT wrote:No market for these at all... :roll:
I know ... wouldn't it be great to see another run of BBI F-16s?

snake

Post by snake » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 pm

iflabs wrote:May be tough to swallow for some of us considering we were able to get them @ $50 a piece NIB back then. :lol:

Consider yourself very lucky, iflabs.

$50 for this model. No wonder 1/18 went bust. :roll:

Not to bad mouth your deal, but at that price point, how can any manufacturer survive.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Have any one of you noticed that all of a sudden these 16's and 18's are surfacing. For a long time they were as scarse as "hens teeth'" Years ago I bought the 1:6 scale BBI F-15 cockpiot and thought at 150, i was paying alot. But for years they never showed up, now there has been about 7-10 show up on eBay. Economy may be a factor now but now is about the only time to get some of these things again. I don't hold much hope on BBI pulling a fast one and springing some more repaints in the 16 and 18 birds. I hope I'm wrong, but at the time they were regular price, I wasn't into that era. Now that most of 1:18 has dried up, I felt I needed them, so I had to pay more. I have just one JSI 14, how many variations from Sky Works Toys at 799 a pop can one afford.
And yes Snake, I have all three birds displayed on Pizza Guys lighted stands. They look great, lighted or not. At times at the right angle you can't see the stands at all.
If you can remember back when BBI was having the same problem with their landing gear folding out after taking the weight, well I talked to Pizza Guy (Nathan), and he is making me stands that allow the gear to touch the ground while the weight of the bird is held by these stands which act as sort of a cradle that take the weight off the main gears. I can use his engine covers and Remove Before Flight items and not worry about wheels splaying out.
I wasn't too keen on replacing the 14's gear with the metal ones as then you only had one choice....wheels down, now I can have the best of both worlds..In fact with the gear up on the low stands, it looks like the bird is making a low level pass over the field to piss off the Air Boss :lol:
Well guys, it's time to pull the cord and get back to the hanger.
You all stay safe and be well. Best Regards
JOC :hornet:

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:57 am

This may not be related to this auction but I've seen a major increase in shill bidding lately on ebay. Some of its due to avoiding seller fees prior to placing an auction on their site. While others maybe related to economic reasons or simply for greed. Keep an eye out for it especially if you plan on bidding early in the auction. Just some words of advice.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 am

Beeavision wrote:This may not be related to this auction but I've seen a major increase in shill bidding lately on ebay. Some of its due to avoiding seller fees prior to placing an auction on their site. While others maybe related to economic reasons or simply for greed. Keep an eye out for it especially if you plan on bidding early in the auction. Just some words of advice.

I was about to mention the possibility of shill bidding. I have personally encountered what I think is shill bidding quite a bit lately. I will bid on an item and then lose out by a very small amount just as the auction ends. Then I will receive an email from the seller saying, "Good News, you have received a second chance offer on an item you recently bid on.", or something similar to that. Then the seller offers me the item at my last bid amount. I never get in bidding wars and only bid what I would ultimately pay for the item so sometimes I bite depending upon my mood.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

YT

Post by YT » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

MCalamari wrote:
YT wrote:No market for these at all... :roll:
I know ... wouldn't it be great to see another run of BBI F-16s?

I agree, I was being sarcastic. :)
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:39 am

If a price is too high, chances are it is a shill set up by the seller.

You also have to worry about sniping software from the buyers perspective...so many of these auctions are "won" in the last seconds by this type of software.

As for F-16's, I was lucky enough to purchase 4 of them through Target.com for 49.99 each without shipping cost! I also (foolishly) preordered 2 spotcats for $229 each...so all is not always fair in the 1/18th world :D

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 am

i remember have cases of these we couldnt sell wish i hadnt discounted them.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 am

Airacobra wrote: I was about to mention the possibility of shill bidding. I have personally encountered what I think is shill bidding quite a bit lately. I will bid on an item and then lose out by a very small amount just as the auction ends. Then I will receive an email from the seller saying, "Good News, you have received a second chance offer on an item you recently bid on.", or something similar to that. Then the seller offers me the item at my last bid amount. I never get in bidding wars and only bid what I would ultimately pay for the item so sometimes I bite depending upon my mood.
The best way to protect yourself from shill bidding is pick a price you are willing to pay and stick with it. Not always easy ... sometimes you don't win something and change your mind, but still a good rule to attempt to follow.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 am

"Loose" women go for less than $400. :mrgreen:

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 am

I have a loose Red Devils F-18 without a box, perhaps I should sell it now?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:40 pm

dragon53 wrote:"Loose" women go for less than $400. :mrgreen:
Quote of the MONTH! = awesome!

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 pm

hey
how much fOr mib bbi f-16's ?????? i got 5 !!!!!! i'M still looking for a bbi F-18 !!!!
Dcway :p51: :hornet: :blueangel:

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi all
I'm just glad my E-wife does'nt visit this site !!!!!! Knowing her she'd try to change my status from
Corporal to Major A-Hole !!!!!!! LOL
Dcway

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 am

I just hope BBI releases a new f-16 down the road. I have one but i would like to get two of the same scheme.